WHAT IS RHEUMATOLOGY ?
UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for UG programme (MBBS) are conducted by various state, central and private universities.
PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) along with MD (Medicine) to become eligible for the 3 year DM (Rheumatology) program.
SCOPE OF RHEUMATOLOGY
- There are opportunities for Rheumatologists in both governments as well as private hospitals.
- They get to head the Rheumatology department and even become medical directors once they have the relevant experience.
- Rheumatologists can also open their own clinic and start a private practice. Besides, they get to teach the subject in medical colleges across India.
Some of the avenues where employment can be found include:
Physician - Rheumatology
- Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases
- Infection and Arthritis
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Metabolic, Endocrine and Other Disorders
- Neoplastic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis and Related Conditions
- Regional Pain Syndromes