- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
The Architectural Design specialization within the M.Arch. program at the Faculty of Architecture, CEPT University is an advanced design stream intended for architects to explore, experiment and critically reimagine design as a discipline, empowered by the experience of practice. The specialization has a broader mandate compared to other M.Arch streams and allows students to explore the following themes - new tools and technologies of design, design for social change, reimagining the agency of architectural practitioners, among other things. Students also have opportunities to explore design theory, particularly in the realm of form and aesthetics, ways of making, computational design, history of design and contemporary practice.
Stage I - Shortlisting the candidates
- The stage I will be screening stage. Experts Committee will be set up for the program to assess documents and portfolio to shortlist eligible candidates for the program.
- Curriculum vitae, work experience and last qualifying exam marks
- Statement of purpose - For the statement of purpose (with word limit as mentioned in application form), other than introducing yourself and your motivations, should also specifically discuss the relevance of your recent and current activities and some important academic and or professional experiences that make you a suitable candidate for this program
- References – Please upload both reference letters as a single pdf in the format to be downloaded from the respective tab in application form. Also please submit reference letters signed by both the referees at the time of the interview
- The portfolio is a synopsis of one's creative work. As a visual essay, it tells a story of a person's interests, skills, and development over time. It should include projects that best express one's visual, spatial, and constructional abilities. The faculty who evaluate the portfolios look for competence in a coherent demonstration of visual and spatial abilities expressed through a basic understanding of material and construction at the minimum. The ability of a candidate to demonstrate spatial fluency and intellectual depth in contemporary research questions and critical areas of inquiry is a plus.
Candidates shortlisted from the Stage I will be called for a common admission test followed by a personal interview for the final decision on the admissions. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the score obtained in Stage II. Marks obtained in Stage I will not be carried forward in Stage II.
Part A: PG Common Admission Test*
The PG common admission test for the shortlisted candidates from Stage I shall be held at CEPT University. Dates for the admission test shall be declared on the CEPT website. PG Common Admission test focuses on candidate’s ability to analyze, describe, visualize and imagine .The candidate has to be present in person at CEPT University for the stage II of admission procedure.
*This admission test will be common for shortlisted candidates applying for admissions in post graduate programs at Faculty of Architecture and Faculty of Design.
Part B: Personal interview at program level
The expert interview panel will be asking specific questions to assess your general aptitude, performance in admission test and understanding of the work that you have submitted in your portfolio.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (B. Arch) or equivalent recognized by the Council of Architecture (COA) with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks for general category candidates and 50% aggregate marks for reserved category candidates.