Application Form - INR 1,000
- Four Sharing - INR 2,25,000
- Three Sharing - INR 2,50,000
- Two Sharing - INR 2,95,000
- Bunk Bed - INR 1,40,000
- Fitness Club Membership - INR 15,000
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
This course provides a thorough understanding of the economic, sociological, environmental and other theoretical and practical knowledge underpinning the governance in urban management and urban development. It has a strong focus on sustainable urban development.With an engaged and practical approach, this course focuses on urban planning and development processes, sustainability and creative development control, and enhances knowledge and skills in urban management, property development, urban design and environmental policy. Planning students study a common first semester, which develops a mutual understanding of how to balance private and public interests in urban development
Programme Educational Objectives
- To enhance their professional capabilities of preparing plans and projects for the cities and their regions.
- To undertaking research on policies and processes of urbanization and sustainable urban development.
- To learn how to advise on governance of cities and their regions.
- To impart adequate skills and exposure to the students to enable them to handle the complex challenges of environmental planning, design, impact assessment as well as mitigation and preventive measures.
- To learn preparing projects and overseeing their execution in the areas of housing, transport, environment, infrastructure and urban design in India as well as other developing countries.
- To expose the students to social, political, economic and financial dimensions of urban development and ethical dimensions of working as professionals.
- To develop leadership skills that will help shape the future direction of urban, regional and environmental planning.
- To understand the physical, social, cultural, economic and ecological dimensions of urban settlements, comprehending their problems as well as evolving measures to address the issues and emerging challenges in a planned manner.
- To learn plan preparation through live case studies related to comprehensive and micro level urban development issues as well as problems related to various cities and towns in the country.
- Exposes the students to new techniques such as project planning and GIS.
Planning History and Theory, Socio-economic basis for Planning, Planning Techniques, Infrastructure and Transport Planning, Housing and Environmental Planning, City and Metropolitan Planning, Infrastructure Planning, City development plan, Urban Development Management, Development Finance, Resettlement and Rehabilitation.
Duly completed applications received will be verified for basic eligibility, academic performance and suitability for the course selected. Admit cards for GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) will be issued to the eligible candidates. Application sent through courier/post must be received in the admission office 10 days prior to the GATA.GATA will be held at designated centers and the date of the examination shall be communicated.
The curriculum for the Postgraduate Programmes need to take into consideration the various basic qualifications eligible for post-graduation in town and country planning viz. (i) Bachelor of Architecture, or (ii) Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), or (iii) Bachelor of Planning, or (iv) Post graduation in Geography or Economics or Sociology.