- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 1 Year
Post Graduate Diploma in Acting offers comprehensive acting training focused on delivering performance for the screen (Films, TV, and Radio etc.). The student will be involved in many film making projects including a final short film professionally shot and produced. Acting Gurus, Alumni from Film and Television Institute of India (Pune), current industry professionals, casting directors, producers will mentor the students during the programme. They will learn about the history of the craft, and prepare themselves for further study and/or a career in film and theatre arts.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To demonstrate a clear and informed understanding of acting, performance and theatre practice
- To collaborate creatively with colleagues to create new theatre work that responds appropriately to differing needs, cultures, stimuli and contexts
- To deploy a refined and critically informed methodology for the analysis of acting, theatre and performance
- To exhibit a defined ‘personal’ style of acting and performance making
The students, at the end of the course, will be able to:
- Acquire the essential skills and practice to act on screen.
- Discover one’s potential, talent and imagination as an actor.
- Work on practical projects in a wide range of production styles and formats.
- Hold responsibilities and opportunities in the national and international Film and TV industry.
- Develop auditioning skills and create a show reel.
Post Graduate Diploma in Acting prepares students to work in film and television and related fields by bringing together the key artistic knowledge and skills that are needed to give a truthful and exciting performance on screen. The course entails the growth of individual creativity, achieved through constant opportunities for working on camera-based projects. With a student centered approach and strong emphasis on learning through doing, the majority of a student’s time will be spent in practical workshop and theatre sessions, exploring the principles and practices of performance and contemporary theatre practice.
Depending on choices made through the programme students may go on to careers across a broad spectrum of theatre and arts practice: Actor (in diverse theatre forms), Theatre Maker / Producer (in traditional and more unusual contexts), Theatre facilitator (working with others in the creation of new work) and Educator / Community work (using theatre as an educational or community tool).
- Duly completed applications received will be verified for basic eligibility, academic performance and suitability for the course selected. Admit cards for GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) will be issued to the eligible candidates. Application sent through courier/post must be received in the admission office 10 days prior to the GATA.GATA will be held at designated centers and the date of the examination shall be communicated.
- GATA is to access the capability and ability of the candidate in terms of analytical, logical reasoning, mathematical, scientific, English language and general knowledge
Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.