MAHE, Manipal - B.Tech Admissions 2024Apply
Amongst Top 5 Private Engineering Institutes in India
No data provided by the college for admission procedure for the latest year
IIIT Nagpur is an institute which has been deemed to be an institute of national importance was established in 2006 through an act of Parliament by the Ministry of education, Government of India to enhance and ensure the growth of IT Industry in India. It was established with the support and partnership from the Government of Maharashtra and Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Mumbai and is one of the twenty IIIT’s of India.
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur has been established quite recently but offers both undergraduate and PhD programme for students from all over India. The institute provides undergraduate courses for students in B.Tech. and PhD in two varied categories. The admission procedure followed by IIIT, Nagpur for both courses is different and is based on merit and online entrance examinations.
Display of vacancies after JoSAA rounds
Registration, payment of participation/processing fee and choice filling starts
Registration, payment of participation/ processing fee and choice filling ends
The seat allotment result will be displayed for the Special Round I
A. Based on the results from this round the candidate is either required to block their seat, surrender the particular seat if they don’t wish to pursue the course there, surrender the seat if they wish to participate in the next round of admission.
B. Online reporting: Payment for blockingthe seat/uploading the document/response to a query asked the candidate(if necessary)
Last day to respond to a query (Special Round I)
Display of seat allotment result (Special Round II)
Reporting at the allotted institute (both In-person or Online)
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur provides two different specialisations for undergraduatecourses in B.Tech. The institute provides four-year B Tech degree in:
· Computer Science and Engineering (Sanctioned intake – 180 students (changes every year))
(The students of B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering have exposure to areas of Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Parallel Computing, High-Performance Computing, Data Mining, IoT, Pattern recognition, among others)
· Electronics and Communication Engineering (Sanctioned intake – 120 students (changes every year))
(The students of B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering have exposure to areas of Signal, Image and Video Processing, Biomedical Signal Processing, Antennas Design, Wireless Communication, Wireless Sensor Network, among others)
The undergraduate program offered by IIIT, Nagpur has two different eligibility criteria for selection that has to be fulfilled to be considered:
· The student must have cleared the final qualifying exams for their 10+2 from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with at least 75% marks.
· Qualified JEE Mains examination.
· The admissions for B.Tech. courses are conducted through the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) every year based on their JEE (Mains) scores.
· The students those who have cleared the JEE Mains exam have to fill the registration or choice filling form under JoSAA.
· JoSAA automatically allots seats to students to different institutes based on their choice filling and the students that have been allotted seats at IIIT, Nagpur has to fill their admission forms.
· The admission/registration forms are to be filled along with the fees and required documents and should be with the students at the time of reporting to the institute.
1. The Original document of Verification-cum-Seat Acceptance Letter issued by the RC In-charge and Latest Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
2. Class 10th (SSC) Board Certificate for the proof of date of birth
3. Class 12th Mark Sheet and Certificate
4. JEE Main Score Card and Admit card
5. Transfer certificate (must be original)
6. Migration certificate
7. Certificate of category (OBC / SC / ST) (if applicable) issued by the Competent Authority
8. Caste validity certificate issued by the competent authority (for Maharashtra State candidates only)
9. Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) (if applicable)
10. GAP certificate (If applicable), EWS certificate (If applicable)
11. The Original Receipt for the amount paid as per JoSAA/CSAB Guidelines by the candidate as a Registration Fees at the time of Seat Allotment
12. Six colourpassport size photographs.
· The student must also fill and carry the application form, EWS application form, hostel application form (if applicable) and undertaking for Anti-ragging along with them at the time of admission.
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur provides the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in two different disciples:
· Computer Science & Engineering (20 seats)
(It includes research in fields like Computer Science & Engineering like Operating Systems, Databases, Computer Networking, Compilers, Computer Graphics, Software Engineering, Image Processing and Computer Vision, Big Data, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computational Biology, Internet of Things, Information Security, RTOS and Embedded System)
· Electronics and Communication Engineering (20 seats)
(It includes research areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering like Communication, Wireless or RF Communications, Microwave Engineering, Antennas, 5G, LTE, MIMO Technologies, Microprocessors and Embedded Systems, Image and Video Signal Processing, Computer Vision, Instrumentation, Opto-electronics, VLSI Design, Internet of Things, Automotive Electronics, Mechatronics, Embedded System Design, Wireless Sensor Network, Cognitive Radio, LI-FI, and other advanced topics of Electronics and Communication Engineering)
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur provides admission in a PhD program to three different categories for students namely:
· Industry candidates that include both individual and sponsored candidates from industry
· Candidates of academic institutions, both self-financed and sponsored
· Other candidates that include sponsored or independent candidates not belonging to the other two categories
1. Candidate from Industry (both self-financed and sponsored)
· The student must have Master's Degree and a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with at least 60% marks for candidates from the general category with a 5% relaxation given to students from the SC / ST / PwD / CPI category or must have scored a CGPA greater than 6.75 and 6 for SC / ST / PwD students on a 10-point scale OR should have Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology with 60% marks and 55% marks for SC / ST / PwD / CPI or CGPA greater than 6.75 and 6 for SC/ST/PwD students on a 10-point scale.
· The student must also have an experience of minimum 5 years in CSE/ECE/IT or other allied fields.
· The students with a recognized GATE score are preferred over other students.
MINIMUM DURATION OF COURSE – 3-year for students having a Master's Degree and 4 years for students having a Bachelor’s Degree from the date of admission.
2. Candidates belonging to Academic Institution (both self-financed and sponsored)
· The student must have Master's Degree in Engineering / Technology in combination with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology in ECE/CSE and allied disciplines with 60% marks for candidates from the general category with a 5% relaxation given to students from the SC / ST / PwD / CPI category or must have CPI or CGPA greater than 6.75 and 6 for SC/ST/PwD students on a 10-point scale.
· Students with a recognized GATE score are considered desirable over others.
MINIMUM DURATION OF COURSE – a term of three years from the date of joining the course.
3. Other candidates (sponsored or independent and not belonging to any other category)
· The candidate must have Master's Degree in Engineering/Technology with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology in ECE/CSE or any related allied disciplines with at least 60% marks for candidates from the general category with a 5% relaxation given to students from the SC / ST / PwD / CPI category or must have scored CGPA greater than 6.75 and 6 for SC/ST/PwD students on a 10-point scale.
· The students with recognized GATE scores are preferred over other students.
MINIMUM DURATION OF COURSE - a term of three years from the date of joining the course.
The students have download and fill the admission form provided on the official website www.iiitn.ac.in through online mode by attaching all required document therein mentioned along with a separate hard copy of the same application is to be posted through any mode to the institute.
1) The hard copy of the Prescribed Application Form duly signed on all the pages,
2) 10th Standard Certificate,
3) 12th Standard Certificate/Diploma Certificate
4) Graduation Mark-Sheets for all years
5) Graduation Degree Certificate
6) Master’s Degree & Mark-Sheets for all semesters
7) NOC from the Current Employer
8) Experience/Service Certificate for all the previous employments (if in five years)
9) EWS and OBC-NCL Certificate (wherever applicable) issued in the current Financial Year only as per Central Government Format
10) Cast Validity Certificate for SC/ST/OBC-NCL candidates belonging to the State of Maharashtra
11) SC/ST/PwD Certificates (wherever applicable) in prescribed proforma of Central Government Only
12) Scanned Copy of NEFT payment receipt or scanned copy of DD for online form and actual DD or original NEFT receipt for hard copy form.
The process of admission follows these three steps:
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur themselves do not provide any kind of scholarship for students but the students studying in the institute can benefit from the scholarships of provided by different State Governments for providing financial aid to students. The institute provides timely updates regarding scholarships of different categories on their official site and the students can avail scholarships of their respective State Government’s for hostel and tuition fees based on varied eligibilities. Students can avail scholarship from their respective State Government where they are domiciled as well as the National Scholarship Portal based on different eligibility criteria and schemes.
The institute has released the brochure for the IIIT, Nagpur fee structure for the year 2020-21 which has reduced the fees in the purview of COVID-19 for this year and it will be increased again for the next year and could be accessed on https://iiitn.ac.in//Downloads/Academic_Fees_Structure_2020_21.pdf .
First year student fee structure 2020-21
· Tuition fee – Rs. 1, 80,000/-
· Onetime fee (only paid at the time of admission) – Rs. 45,200/-
The students are selected online on a merit basis through their scores in JEE Mains score with the help of the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) every year.
No, the college does not grant any scholarship to students but students can avail scholarships provided by State Government and National Scholarship Portal.
The two optional disciples provided for Ph.D. are Electronics and Communication Engineering, and Computer Science & Engineering with sanctioned intake of 20 students each.
The eligibility criterion for admission in B.Tech. course is that the student must have passed 10+2 from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with at least 75% marks along with JEE Mains (qualified).
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur provides two different courses i.e. B.Tech (under graduation) and Ph.D.
The curriculum of IIITN is updated and tends to focus more on practical aspect of education. All the skill needed to be employable are taught in sequential manner. Teachers are quite friendly and open minded.
faculty of iiit'n focuses more on students skill and it helps to improve students confidence with best curriculum.It is a very good institute to opt for, and the IIIT tag helps much in placements. Placements: Placements of IIIT Nagpur are good. The average salary package offered is around 8-9 LPA, the highest salary package offered is 25 LPA, and the lowest salary package offered is 4.5 LPA.
I am currently pursuing computer science enginwering as i want to become software engineer. The quality of teaching is moderate as we are in online mode we are not able to interact with teacher. As far as for curriculam its updated as its far better than nits and other colleges and they teachi g us the new technologies which are in demand in market.Yes definitely what we study makes as job ready with more practice.
Since you are a SC candidate, you are eligible for the scholarship only if you scored 80% in 10+2 and your total family's yearly income is less than 8 LPA.
If yes ,then you will receive 10,000 per year for three years. You will also get Rs. 20,000 per year for two years of post-graduation. If you are pursuing integrated courses then you will get Rs. 10,000 in your first three years and Rs. 20,000 in your last two years.
For fees details you can refer to the page linked:-
You can also use college predictor for more colleges:-
Cutoff varies every year depending on various factors. Keep in mind that your chances to grab a seat will vary on the following basis:
Number of seats available
Number of students applied for the same branch
Performance of the students
The category you belong to etc.
You can go for JOSAA counselling. You have good chances to get ECE at IIIT Nagpur. Last year ECE cutoff for IIT Nagpur was 35990.
You can check the cutoff and other details from the below link:
Use this link to get more information about cutoff for IIITs :
Use the below link to get list of other colleges that you can get based on your rank :
check out the previous year's cutoff :
You can also check out marks vs rank vs percentile from the below link:
Hope this information will help you.
Amongst Top 5 Private Engineering Institutes in India
Ranked #54 among universities in India by NIRF. Top Recruiters: Royal Enfield, L&T, Hyundai
Recognized as Institute of Eminence by Govt. of India | NAAC ‘A++’ Grade
Ranked #52 Among Universities in India by NIRF | 2570+ Students Placed | 96.55% Placement, 700+ Recruiters
National level exam conducted by VIT University, Vellore | Ranked #11 by NIRF for Engg. | NAAC A++ Accredited
India's Largest University | 100% Placements Record | Highest CTC 3 Cr PA