- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Indian Institute of Management Indore
- The Fellow Programme at IIMI is a unique doctoral programme in management. It is designed to provide both breadth and depth of knowledge to doctoral participants in management. The programme has the two-fold objective of enabling the participants to master the relevant methodological tools of management research on one hand and the advancement of the current body of management knowledge on the other.
- With the rapid expansion of management education in India, it has become inevitable that top business schools cater to the need of the faculty by producing excellent researchers and academicians. The Fellow programme in Management at IIMI is aimed to contribute to this societal need. All FPM students are fully funded during the course of their study up to four years.
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) IIM Indore seeks high-quality candidates with a strong academic background, preferably with professional experience, and intellectual curiosity needed for scholarship in management.
The institute presently offers FPM in the following areas of specialization
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems (Information Systems Management, Emerging technologies, and Data Science / Analytics)
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques (Operations Management, Operations Research, Statistics and Mathematics)
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management (Strategic Management, International Business and Entrepreneurship)
Out of the aforementioned areas, an applicant can choose any one area of specialization only and submit his/her application along with all attachments as required and mentioned in the on-line Application Form. Candidates are encouraged to check the individual faculty research profiles in their areas of specialization to understand the research interests of the faculty.
Candidates require a standard test score, from any one of the acceptable tests for the area(s) of specialization they are applying to, as shown in the following table.
|Area of Specialization||Acceptable Standard Test Score(s)|
|Financial and Accounting||CAT/ GMAT/JRF|
|Information and Systems||CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE|
|Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques||CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE / JRF|
|Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management||CAT/ GMAT/GRE/ JRF|
|Strategic Management||CAT/ GRE/GMAT|
The candidates will be shortlisted (on the recommendation of the respective areas) on the based information provided in the application form. The selection process is as follows:
Stage 1: The candidates satisfying the academic eligibility criteria as mentioned above should submit their application online.
Stage 2: Based on the applications received, candidates satisfying Academic eligibility criteria and acceptable standard test the shortlisting will be done by the respective Areas and candidates will be called for Personal Interview (PI), to be conducted at IIM Indore during March / April 2021.
Stage 3: IIM Indore also expects a consistent and minimum performance in the different parameters of Personal Interview (PI), which will be decided by Admissions Committee. Candidates not meeting the minimum performance in any of PI parameters will not be considered for the next stage of the selection process i.e. Stage-4.
Stage 4: Final selection will be based on the requirements of the academic area to which the candidate has applied and an area-wise offer list will be prepared by the Areas only.
Only the candidates satisfying the requirements mentioned in earlier stages will be considered for the final selection. Category-wise and Academic Area-wise merit list will be generated based on the performance in the Personal Interviews and the provisional admission offers will be made.
All matters pertaining to admission into the FPM at IIM Indore is governed by the decisions taken by the Admissions Committee.
Candidates must have:
Master’s degree in any discipline with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
Postgraduate Diploma (2 years) with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
Professional qualifications CA, ICWA, CS (with at least 50 percent aggregate marks) along with a B.Com/ Degree (with at least 60 percent aggregate marks).
A five year integrated Master’s degree program in any discipline, with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
First Class/ equivalent Bachelor’s degree (4 year/8 semesters) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent.
- In addition to the above academic eligibility, minimum 60 percent marks in Secondary (Class X) and Senior Secondary (Class XII) is required.
- Five percent Marks relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates
Candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying programmes that would make them eligible can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate latest by June 10, 2021, issued by the Principal/ Head of the Department / Registrar or Director of the University / Institute stating that they have appeared for the examinations (including practical examinations) in all the subjects required for obtaining the Master’s / Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the marks sheet and the certificate of having passed the Master’s / Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by Principal / Registrar of their college / Institute. The deadline for submission of marks sheet and the Certificate is December 31, 2021. The candidates who have applied on the basis of their bachelor’s or master’s degree will have to meet the eligibility criteria as specified earlier. Non-fulfillment of these conditions will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or the state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
The equivalence of the foreign degree needs to be certified by the Association of Indian Universities. The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be based on the practice followed by the institution/university from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where they have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
The percentage of marks obtained in Class X and Class XII would be the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet of grade sheet, irrespective of whether the Board considers them for calculation of percentage.