- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
The duration of the fellowship will be for a period of 2 years, with the continuation of fellowship in the second year subject to satisfactory performance in the first year. In no case will the fellowship be extended beyond two years.
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Management (PDFM) is designed keeping in view IIM Ranchi’s goal to create a high-quality research environment in the institute. Its objective is to support high-quality research by scholars with a doctoral degree and an outstanding academic record. It would be instituted in IIMR as part of its research outreach activities. Up to five fellowships would be made available per year. The fellowships are granted for an initial period of one year, which can be extended by another year subject to satisfactory performance in the first year. The final number of positions awarded in a given year will depend on the number of suitable candidates identified through the quarterly screening process. The research work during the postdoctoral period should be in areas that are of interest both to the postdoctoral fellows and the Institute. Fellows selected for the PDFM will conduct academic research jointly with a resident faculty member in their area of interest. Broadly, PDFM would focus on the issues faced by businesses- small or large, public or private in developing and developed countries. Hailing from institutes in India and from abroad, the fellows would come with a diverse set of Ph.D. backgrounds including those grounded in the basic disciplines. While some join immediately upon completion of their Ph.Ds, others may come to with some work experience. The Fellows would add significantly to the academic vibrancy of the IIM Ranchi through their own research, as well as by working jointly with faculty members on research, by presenting seminars, and by aiding in teaching.
- Selection will be based on demonstrated research skills and a fit with the research interests of resident faculty. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to campus to present their research before a final decision is made.
- Past research I Ph.D. thesis work demonstrating potential for scholarly work would facilitate the initial shortlist process.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for on-campus presentation and interview.
- The candidates selected for the PDFM will be attached to the given area and will be associated with a faculty member of the group who will essentially perform the role of a mentor and collaborator.
- Selection will be based on demonstrated research skills and a fit with the research interests of resident faculty.
Applicants must have a consistently good academic record and demonstrated research potential.
Candidates with a Ph.D. Degree or who have submitted their thesis for Ph.D degree may also apply. The thesis must be in appropriate discipline.
The age limit for applicants for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship will be a maximum of 40 years (this limit may be relaxed by 5 years for women and reserved category).