- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Civil Engineering is a four-year (8 Semesters) full-time undergraduate program offered by Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
Civil Engineering is concerned with addressing the current and future needs of society in “all things Civil”. That is, in planning, designing and constructing advanced and robust buildings and structures, built on stable foundations, in satisfying the water needs of the country, and in developing measures for a cleaner and healthier environment free from chemical and biological pollutants. A Civil Engineer deals with planning transportation networks, design and construction of transportation infrastructure to facilitate movement of people and goods such as bridges, tunnels and train and roadway systems, predict the outcomes and develop mitigating measures for the influence of natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes, designing and constructing large water storage and distribution systems, such as dams and canals to sustain the requirements of urban society and agriculture. A Civil Engineer is also involved in dealing with the outcomes of urban development such as traffic management and mitigating congestion, design and operation of water treatment and waste water disposal systems.
The admission to the undergraduate program is based on the performance in JEE Advanced.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the AIU to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
review of my college is a good experience
- Batch of 2021
- B.Tech Civil Engineering
Though it started late it ranks 7 among all the IITs.
Last Seen: 05 Feb' 17
Joined On: 03 May' 14
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of 2018
- B.Tech Civil Engineering