- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Mathematics and Computing Engineering is a four-year (8 Semesters) full-time undergraduate program offered by Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
The emerging trends in industry (be it big data analytics, targeted drug delivery, aerodynamic systems with ergonomic design, surveillance and security or multi-criteria decision making) demand for trained professionals who can model, analyze, compute, visualize and optimize. Accomplishing such tasks requires deep mathematical analysis coupled with problem-solving skills.
The B.Tech M&C programme started in the academic year 2017-18, envisages to equip the students with the mathematical foundations required to excel in various applied and computational streams where Math plays a major role. The course curriculum of the program takes into account both nurturing mathematical talent and the ever-changing needs of the industry and is so designed to strike a balance among depth, variety and flexibility.
The admission to the undergraduate program is based on the performance in JEE Advanced.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the AIU to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.