Jadavpur University is a public state university located in Kolkata. The university was established on the 24th of December 1955 by the government of West Bengal. The university offers various courses in Arts, Science, and Engineering. Some of the courses include B.Tech, BA, B.Sc, M.Tech, MA, M.Sc M.Pharm and various other courses. Jadavpur University is ranked 6th under University Category by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF). The university has been recognised by University Grant Commission (UGC) and has been approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE).
Jadavpur university is located at 188, Raja S.C. Mallick Rd, Kolkata. Jadavpur is the nearest railway station located only 850 m away from the Jaduniv. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is located 30.3 km away from Jadavpur University. The nearest bus depot is 41 (Howrah - Layalka) Bus Stand located 1.8 km away from Jadavpur University.
Jadavpur University has been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Fermilab, USA & CRN (CRNS), France
Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation Germany
University of Liverpool
British Council & Manchester University
University of Yale, U.S.A.
University of Bonn, Germany
University of Bochum, Germany
University of Munster, Germany
University of Arizona, USA
Hiroshima University and Hokkaido University, Japan
Research Institute for Chemical and Process Engineering, Hungary
University of McGill, Canada
University of Gothenburg, Sweden
University of Aarhus, Denmark
University of Manchester, U.K.
University of New Castle Tyne, U.K.
Dept. for International Development DFID, U.K
PURSE (DST-GOI) Programme
Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT)
Clubs Committee and Societies
Various Jaduniv clubs, committee and societies include photography club, music club, drama club, film society. All of these clubs are listed below:
Photographic Club: Jadavpur University Photography Club (JUPC) is open for all the students who have a talent in photography or want to develop one. The club has its own darkroom, studio and exhibition facilities. The club has a full-fledged training programme with qualified trainers.
Music Club: Music Club organises various singing and dance classes for the students to learn and develop talent in music and dance. The club organises regular programmes on All India Radio and occasionally with Doordarshan.
QFDS: Quiz Forum And Debating Society of the Jadavpur University organises various debates and quiz competition and also inter-college programme.
Film Society: The Jadavpur University has been recognised by the Indian Film Federation. The society has its own projection room and library and has organised various award-winning films around the year.
Drama Club: The Drama Club of the Jadavpur University organises various theatrical function at regular intervals. The clubs also conduct various workshops and hold exhibition and poster exhibition on drama and theatre.
Art And Literary Society: This society organises various competitions and quiz on art & literature and publishes the magazine “Sandhi”. The society also organises various cultural programme at the university on a regular basis.
Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
Browse by Degree
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 23 Sep 2021 and the score is 3.68 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Jadavpur University offers various undergraduate and postgraduate. Undergraduate courses include B.Tech, BA, B.Sc while postgraduate courses include M.Sc, M.Tech, M.Pharm, and M.Arch. For various non-professional courses, admission will be done on the basis of performance in the entrance test conducted by the university. For B.Tech, M.Tech and other technical courses, admission will be done through the various entrance examination which are West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE), GATE/GPAT, JECA. Admission processes for various courses offered by Jadavpur University are listed below:
- Candidates have to apply and appear for WBJEE.
- Qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling process along with their documents for verification purposes.
- Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of rank scored by the candidates in WBJEE and choices made by them during the counselling process.
- Candidates have to apply for the programme and appear for entrance test conducted by the university.
- Selection of the candidates will be on merit basis which will be a combination of candidates marks in qualifying exam and entrance test.
Candidates have to apply for the programme through the application form available in both online and offline mode.
Selection will be done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying examination.
M.Tech, MPharm and M.Arch
- Admission in M.Tech courses is offered to GATE qualifiers, students sponsored by industry and self-sponsored students.
- Candidates have to apply for the programme through online application form.
- Candidates have to appear in the admission test conducted by the university (Candidates who have a qualified GATE/GPAT need not to appear in the admission test).
- For the final selection of the students, merit is prepared which has weightage in different parameters. For GATE applicants, 70% weightage is given to GATE score, while for other students their academic and industrial experience is considered to give weightage.
- All provisionally selected students have to report to the college to confirm their admission along with the necessary documents for verification.
- Candidates have to apply for the programme and appear for the entrance test conducted by the university.
- Final selection will be based totally on the result of the written admission test.
- For instrumentation courses, the final selection will be based on the merit which will be having equal weightage from both qualifying examination and entrance tests.
- Candidates have to apply for the entrance test conducted by the university.
- Final selection will be based on the basis candidates performance in the entrance test.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for JECA.
- JECA qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling process conducted by WBJEEB.
- Allotment to MCA course offered by Jadavpur University will be done on the basis of JECA rank obtained by the candidates.
- Allotted candidates have to fill up the online application form available at the official website of the Jadavpur University.
- Registered candidates have to report at the college along with all the necessary documents for verification purposes.
- Candidates have to apply for the PhD programme through an online application process.
- Registered candidates have to appear for the admission test and an interview held by different departments. Candidates having an M.Phil degree or have qualified NET/SET need not appear for the written test.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of candidates’ performance in written test/NET/SET and interview.
- Candidates have to fill out the online application form available on the official website of the university.
- Registered candidates have to appear for the admission test conducted by the university. In order to be considered eligible for admission, candidates have to secure at least 50% in the admission test.
- A merit list will be prepared which have weightage from the marks secured in admission test (50%) and the aggregate of the marks obtained by candidates in qualifying examination.
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the merit list.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (B.Arch)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Jadavpur University has adequate infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as separate hostels for boys and girls, guest house for the guests visiting the university, library with a collection of books, daycare centre, health centre to cater to the medical needs of the students. Various other facilities like wi-fi, bank, classrooms, etc are also available for them.
- Hostels: There are 13 hostels (4 for girls and 9 for boys) in Jadavpur University which can accommodate up to 1300 students. Mess facility is provided by the hostels which are supervised by the Students Mess Committee.
- Guest House: A well-furnished guest house is provided by Jaduniv for the outsiders who came to university for a short span of time.
- Library: A 3 storied library is present within the campus. The library has 7 reading rooms which can accommodate up to 700 readers. The library also has a subscription to various e-resources through which students can avail access to various e-books and journals.
- Day Care Centre: Jadavpur University has a daycare centre as a joint venture between the university and an organisation known as “MAMTA”. The university provides the basic infrastructure for running the daycare centre.
- Health Centre: A health centre is present in the university who is ready to provide medical assistance to the people who are in dire need of medical attention.
Jadavpur University a synonym for Home!
Jadavpur university is the best affordable institute
This is one of the best University . And my 1 yr was great .
I really enjoyed my College Life Here
Last Seen: 03 Jun' 20
Joined On: 03 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2024
- BE Computer Science and Engineering
Questions related to JADUNIV
what is the fees structure for st category in computer science engineering in Jadavpur University?
Jadavpur University is an UGC approved and NAAC accredited grade A college located in West Bengal. The university is associated with the Association of Indian Universities and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. It was established in the year 1955.
It offers several UG and PG courses. Besides it offers some additional courses too. The students seeking admission for UG courses should have passed 10+2 with a minimum 60% aggregate marks and thise opting for PG courses should have completed graduation with minimum 50% marks. For UG courses the selection criteria is based on WBJEE. Admissions are done on the basis of rank in WBJEE through WBJEEB Counselling.
Jadavpur University is known for its placement. The placement of CSE is outstanding. The first year fee is INR 2400 for a year approximately.
For more information please check the link below: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.careers360.com/university/jadavpur-university-kolkata/amp
All the best.
bihar ka students kolkata se b. pharma kar saktaa hai kya??
B Pharmacy or Bachelor of Pharmacy, also known as B.Pharm, is a 4-year long undergraduate degree course in India. It is undertaken by those who wish to open their own pharmacy store or join industries for research purposes.
Yes a student from Bihar can study B.pharma from kolkata. The basic eligibility criteria required is that the candidate seeking admission should have passed 10+2 with recognised board. In some cases an entrance examination qualification is needed. I am listing here the top B.Pharmacy colleges in Kolkata.
- Jadavpur University
- Calcutta Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology & Allied Health Sciences
- Brainware University
- Techno India University
- Seacom Skills University
- The Neotia University
- Sanaka Educational Trust's Group of Institutions
- JIS University
For more information and updates please check the link below: https://pharmacy.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-government-pharmacy-colleges-in-west-bengal
Hope it helps you.
How I want to take admission jadavpur university with jee mains
I have got 57% in pcm and 70% in class 12 so can I get admission in jadavpur university for b tech
Jadavpur University offers UG, PG and Ph.D courses through its Departments and Affiliated Colleges. It provides undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate programs in various streams including Engineering, Architecture, Education, Science, and Social Science. Admission to these courses is done on the basis of merit scored in the previous qualifying examinations or the entrance test as per the program.
For B.Tech admissions, a valid rank in WBJEE is required. M.Tech/ M.E admissions will be granted on the basis of GATE Score. Admission to all other UG and PG Courses will be granted on the basis of Entrance Exam conducted by Jadavpur University. However, the University offers B.Sc admission on the basis of merit in the last qualifying examination.
JU, Kolkata Fees & Eligibility
|B.Tech||2,400 (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 45% + WBJEE|
|B.Pharm||2,400 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|B.Ed||15,260 (Total Fees)||Graduation|
|B.Sc||2,400 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
For more details please visit the link below:
Hope it helps you.
what rank should required in wbjee to admission in jadavpur university for food technology??pls give me reply
Food technology and bio chemical engineering
Jadavpur University Mass Communication Admission 2020 - Department of Mass ....
Despite the ongoing lockdown situation, Jadavpur University hasn’t ex....
Jadavpur University Result 2020 - Jadavpur University will declare the Jada....
Jadavpur University Admit Card 2020 - Jadavpur University will release the ....
Jadavpur University Admission Criteria 2020 - The conducting body is respon....
Jadavpur University Cutoff 2020 - Jadavpur University will start releasing ....
Jadavpur University Exam Pattern 2020 - Aspirants must check the Jadavpur U....
Jadavpur University Application Form 2020 - Jadavpur University will releas....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 23 Sep 2021 ; CGPA : 3.68