- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
Master of Arts (MA) in Acharya is a full-time two-year postgraduate course offered by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi.
- Shastri of the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan or an equivalent examination recognized by the Sansthan or B.A. of 10+2+3 education system with Sanskrit as an elective subject
- Candidates who have passed B.A. with Sanskrit or Vedalankar / Vakyalankar may be allowed to take Sahitya or Dharma Shastra or Sankhya Yoga or Phalit Jyotish or Karma Kanda at Acharya level. B.A. (Sanskrit) with Philosophy may take Advait Vedanta.
- Candidates having passed B.A. (Hons.) in Sanskrit may be allowed to take Veda or Vyakarana or Sahitya or Dharma Shastra or Sankhya Yoga or Phalit Jyotish or karma kanda at Acharya level.
- Candidates who have passed Acharya in one subject or have done M.A. in Sanskrit will be allowed to offer any subject at Acharya level other than Siddhanta Jyotish, Veda, Navya Nyaya, Navya Vyakaran and Mimamsa. However, an Acharya in Phalit Jyotish, Navya Nyaya, Navya Vyakaran may be admitted in Siddhanta Jyotish, Prachin Nyaya and Vyakaran and vice –versa.
- B.A./B. Sc. with Sanskrit having Astronomy as one of the subjects, will be allowed to take Siddhanta Jyotish at Acharya level.