Careers360 Logo

Popular Searches

    Interested in this College?
    Get updates on Eligibility, Admission, Placements Fees Structure

    Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Fatehgarh Sahib Admission Process

    The admissions of Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University are offered at the diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. The streams in which these courses are offered are sciences, commerce, engineering & architecture, arts, humanities & social sciences, law, computer application & IT, management & business administration, education, mass communication & journalism, hospitality & tourism, medicines & allied sciences. Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University admissions in all B.Tech/M.Tech (five-year integrated) courses for 75% seats are offered on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination from a recognized board. The remaining 25% seats are filled on the basis of scores obtained in JEE Main. JEE merit. Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University admissions in MBA/M.Tech courses for 75% seats are offered on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination from a recognized board. The remaining 25% seats are filled on the basis of merit in CMAT for MBA courses and GATE for M.Tech courses. The admissions for all the other courses are offered on the basis of merit. Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University admissions in Ph.D courses are according to the UGC guidelines and entrance tests are conducted for admission. The eligibility criteria, seats and admission procedure for all the courses are given below.

    Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University Courses, Seats and Eligibility Criteria

    Courses

    Seats

    Eligibility Criteria

    Diploma

    95

    Passed class 10 or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks.

    B.Tech

    N/A

    Passed 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks. (45% marks for candidates belonging to the reserved category)

    B.A.

    240

    Passed 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.

    B.Com (H)

    120

    Passed 10+2 in commerce with at least 40% marks in aggregate OR 10+2 with any of the two following subjects; (i) Accounting, (ii) Business Studies, (iii) Economics, (iv) Mathematics with at least 45% marks in aggregate OR 10+2 with at least 50% marks in aggregate with other subjects from a recognized board/ council.

    BA LLB

    120

    Passed 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum of 45% marks.

    LLB

    120

    Passed graduation of three or five years with a minimum of 50% marks.

    B.Sc.

    240

    Passed 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.

    BBA

    60

    Passed 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.

    BCA

    60

    Passed 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum of 45% marks.

    M.Tech

    72

    Passed B.Tech with a minimum of 50% marks. 

    MBA

    150

    Passed graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and must have appeared in any MBA entrance examination such as CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA.

    MA

    360

    Passed graduation with a minimum of 50% marks.

    M.Com.

    60

    Passed graduation in B.Com/BBA with a minimum of 50% marks.

    MCA

    60

    A 50% marks in BCA/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree, or in B.Sc./B.Com./B.A. with Mathematics at 10+2 Level or at Graduation Level (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category).

    M.Sc.

    370

    Passed graduation with a minimum of 55% marks.

    LLM

    30

    An LLB degree of 3/5 years with a minimum of 50% marks.

    Ph.D

    N/A

    A master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale or,

    Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale.

    Browse Admission Information Course-wise

    Select College

    Select...

    Select Course

    MA Sikh Studies

    No data provided by the college for admission procedure for the latest year

    Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Fatehgarh Sahib Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

    1: How many seats are offered for admission to the M.Tech course at SGGSWU?

    Admission to the M.Tech program at Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University is limited to 72 seats.

    2: In which mode are admissions offered at SGGSWU?

     Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University admissions are offered both in online and offline mode.

    3: How are the admissions offered for the MCA course at SGGSWU?

    Admissions to the M.C.A. program at SGGSWU are made based on the results of the previous qualifying examination.

    4: What are the eligibility criteria for admission into BBA at Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University?

    Candidates for admission to BBA at Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University must have completed 10+2 or it's equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.

    5: What are the selection criteria for Ph.D. admission?

     A master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to a master's degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% aggregate marks or its equivalent grade 'B' on the UGC 7-point scale.

    6: Do all candidates need to appear for the entrance test for admission to the Ph.D. program?

    In terms of eligibility, one can study for a Ph. D. only after completing a master's or post-graduate degree in the specific field. To be admitted to a Ph.D. program in India, one must pass the Ph.D. Entrance Exam, which is conducted by several educational bodies.

    7: How many seats are offered for admission to the M.Tech course at SGGSWU?

    Admission to the M.Tech program at Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University is limited to 72 seats.

    8: In which mode are admissions offered at SGGSWU?

     Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University admissions are offered both in online and offline mode.

    9: How are the admissions offered for the MCA course at SGGSWU?

    Admissions to the M.C.A. program at SGGSWU are made based on the results of the previous qualifying examination.

    10: What are the eligibility criteria for admission into BBA at Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University?

    Candidates for admission to BBA at Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University must have completed 10+2 or it's equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.

    Download Careers360 App's

    Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile

    • student
      250M+

      Students

    • colleges
      30,000+

      Colleges

    • exams
      500+

      Exams

    • ebook
      1500+

      E-Books

    • certification
      12000+

      Cetifications

    student
    Mobile Screen

    We Appeared in

    Back to top