- Mode: Distance
- Duration: 2.5 Years
- The B.Ed.Spl.Ed. Programme (Distance mode) is of 2½ years (5 semesters). However, the student-teacher is permitted to complete within a maximum period of 5 years, after the enrolment.
- Teacher Education programmes in Special Education both in Tamil and English medium, with an annual intake of 500. The B.Ed.Spl.Ed. Programme is offered through Special Education Programme Study Centres approved by the Tamil Nadu Open University and recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India distributed in the State of Tamil Nadu. At present B.Ed.Spl.Ed. is being offered in three (03) Specialisations viz., Visual Impairment (VI), Hearing Impairment (HI) and Intellectual Disability (ID).
- The medium of instruction is both Tamil and English. Application is common for both English and Tamil medium of B.Ed.Spl.Ed Programme. Candidates have to select any one of the medium, either Tamil or English. However, the Studentteachers are allowed to prepare their Assignments, Practical records and take the Term-End Examinations either in English or Tamil.
Admission will be done on the basis of the Score obtained in the Entrance Examination conducted by TNOU.
- The candidates should have passed the UG Degree Examination from any UGC recognised University in the 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern. Candidates who have a direct UG degrees without +2 qualification / Post-Graduate degrees without a UG degree are not eligible.
- Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor Degree and/or in the Master degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities, Bachelor degree in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55 % marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor Degree and / or in the Master Degree in Science / Social Science / Humanity, Bachelor in Engineering or Technology with specialization Science and Mathematics having 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- The candidates should have undergone 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of study and passed the qualifying examination conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education / Examination and UG Degree Examination of the UGC recognized Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary / Higher Secondary Education level.
- Candidates, who have passed the UG or PG degree under Open University System without qualifying 11 years SSLC examination and one year of PreUniversity Course (P.U.C) examination or 10+2 pattern of School Education examination are not eligible for admission, even if they subsequently qualify 11 year SSLC and one year PUC or 10+2 pattern of School Education Examination.