- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Health Dentistry shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including coursework and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned and offered by Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad.
- Each candidate shall be required to take a University Research Aptitude Test (RAT) which shall be of 100 marks and will consist of two parts (Part A – objective test to judge the research aptitude and Part B – descriptive test to assess subject-specific knowledge). The questions would also be on logical reasoning. The RAT intends to test the basic capability of the candidate to undertake research work. A minimum score of 40 percent shall be required to clear the test and be eligible to present the research plan to the CRC. However, the candidates who have qualified Registration Process Reservation Policy Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 6 UGC/SCIR(JRF) examination/SLET/Teacher fellowship holders or have passed M.Phil. shall be exempted from RAT.
- On clearance of the entrance test (RAT), the candidate will make a presentation of his Research Plan before the CRC for testing the comprehension of his broad field of
research, academic preparation and potential to carry out the proposed research work.
- On the basis of the contents of the Research Plan and the presentation, the CRC shall either recommend the case for consideration of the concerned BOS or, may ask the student to make a fresh presentation of the Research Plan.
A candidate possessing any one of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. program of the University.
- (i) A Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Science/Architecture/ Humanities/Commerce/Medicine/Dentistry/Nursing/Law/Education/Pharmacy/ Management/Hotel Management of a recognized Indian University, or a degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities, or any other equivalent qualification in the relevant field to the satisfaction of the Academic Council of the University, with not less than 55 per cent marks in aggregate.
- (ii) A candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology/any other professional discipline, with either 75 per cent or more marks in aggregate with a minimum of three years experience, or 60 per cent or more marks in aggregate with a minimum of ten years experience or 55 per cent or more marks in aggregate with a minimum of fifteen years relevant experience in recognized Institute/University/Industry/ Government organization; may be considered eligible for admission on the recommendation of the CRC and approval by the BOS provided that such applicants may, in case considered, be required to qualify in the course(s) specified by the CRC/BOS.
- (iii) Candidates who have passed their final examinations of ICAI/ICWA/ICSI, and are graduates would be treated to have completed a post-graduate degree in commerce/management or allied discipline for the purpose of Ph.D. registration. Such candidates with professional experience of a minimum of five years will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in marks under eligibility conditions prescribed under clauses IV(i) and (ii) above. Eligibility Criteria 5
- (iv) For applicants belonging to SC/ST category and/or physically handicapped applicants, a relaxation of 5 percent in marks shall be admissible under eligibility conditions prescribed under clauses IV(i) and (ii) above.
- (v) For applicants belonging to the Jain minority community also, a relaxation of 5 percent in marks shall be admissible under eligibility conditions prescribed under clauses IV(i) and (ii) above.
- (vi) Teachers working in any University or its affiliated colleges and having a teaching/research/other relevant experience of not less than five years may be allowed a relaxation of 5 percent marks under clause IV(i). Provided that out of the four relaxations stipulated under clauses IV (iii) to (vi), only one relaxation is permissible for an applicant.
- (vii) National/State reservation policy as applicable to the University shall be followed while granting admission to the Ph.D. program.