Online Teaching Creating Courses for Adult Learners
This course will teach you about how to create knowledgeable, engaging and inspiring online courses to support distance learning.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
number of course credit 15
The coronavirus lockdown caused a sudden shift of education to the online mode, due to the closing up of educational institutions. This also affected learning and teaching methods, student assessments and exams. However, the online mode of teaching is here to stay as it has opened up greater opportunities. The Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners microcredential gives training in how to create engaging online courses for adults.
This Microcredential in Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners is offered by Future Learn and created by The Open University, UK. The expert instructors in this course will offer their knowledge to teach you the various new technologies and methodologies that you can use to teach online. You will learn to incorporate these skills to make your classes accessible and inclusive.
The Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners online course will help you to develop online learning activities and assessments. This is a 12-week-long course of the postgraduate-level. It also offers projects and assessments, and is worth 15 university credits. Using this professional certification, you can advance your career and ensure personal growth.
- Expert instructors
- Online course
- Professional credential
- Postgraduate-level credits for the UK
- Post graduate-level course
- Assessments and projects
- Experienced trainers
- Open university 15 uk credits
- 13-hours learning per week
- Endorsed by the association for learning technology (alt)
- Enrolment advisory
Course and certificate fees
- This course is offered by Future Learn. The creator of this course is The Open University, UK and it is endorsed by the Association for Learning Technology (ALT).
- The fee is accepted through Visa, Mastercard, American Express cards or PayPal.
Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners Fee Structure
Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
This online course is created with a global approach, and learners from around the world can gain relevant skills. This microcredential will be beneficial who plans to work in institutions or universities in the role of:
- Learning designer
- Head of department
- Educational technologist
- Institutional leader
To join this microcredential in Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners, the candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification, a strong inclination towards teaching, and some experience of working in education.
Certificate Qualifying Details
The candidates will receive the Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners certification after completing the final assessment for this microcredential. This certificate will also earn you 15 university credits for The Open University, UK, at the postgraduate level 7.
What you will learn
After successful completion of the Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners programme, you will be able to:
- Showcase an understanding of how adults undertake online or distance learning, using key theories
- Evaluate online teaching and learning methods for their appropriateness for different sets of learners and situations
- Identify the right technologies for online or distance learning in different contexts by applying experience and research
- Demonstrate knowledge of how online teaching and training can be made accessible for varied learners
- Design online training, teaching and assessment activities for different adult learners
1. To register for Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners by Future Learn, procced by clicking the following link: https://www.futurelearn.com/microcredentials/online-teaching.
2. Once you have understood the microcredential offerings and details, select the option to “Join now $944”. Alternatively, select the “Sign In” or “Register” option.
3. This will lead you to the registration page, where you have to sign up as a user by entering your details or sign up via Facebook or Google.
4. This completes your registration.
Filling the form
The Future Learn Microcredential in Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners does not have an application form, but the candidates can register by following the steps mentioned above.
The candidates will receive a certification from the Open University, stating that the candidate has completed the course and received 15 university credits. These credits are of the postgraduate level 7. The final assessment for awarding the certificate will require candidates to develop their own programme for online learning and teaching. The plan will be accompanied by reflective commentary. This submission will take place in the final week of the course.
How it helps
This programme in Online Teaching: Creating Courses for Adult Learners by Future Learn will teach the learners how to create appropriate online teaching plans for diverse learners, by evaluating a range of technologies and designing their own plan. This microcredential offers a certificate of completion, which has transferable university credits. You can upskill yourself with tutor-graded assessments and projects, and use this certificate to progress faster in your career.
The course, which is taught by a team of expert instructors, requires 13 hours per week for 12 weeks. Further, this microcredential offers postgraduate-level skills, knowledge and credits in a shorter time, thus saving your resources.
You can withdraw your registration within a period of two weeks after the course starts.
The course credits are designed to be transferable, but it varies from one university to the other. For this, you can check the Accreditation of Prior learning (APL) section of the university’s website.
Yes, learners residing in any part of the world can enrol in this course.
No, the learners do not need to be present at a specific time. They can access the course as per their convenience and catch up on the live sessions by viewing their recordings.
No, the exams are conducted through the online mode.
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.