About Government Polytechnic, Hyderabad
Government Polytechnic College was established in the year 1922 and is one of the oldest polytechnic colleges in the state. The college was formerly known as Osmania Central Technical College and it was located at Mint Compound in Saifabad. Later on in the year 1954, the institute was renamed to Government Polytechnic College, Hyderabad. The college shifted to its present campus in the year 1960. Government Polytechnic College, Hyderabad is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi. The college offers diploma courses in Automobile, Civil, Computers, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics and Communications, Mechanical, Pharmacy.
The college is located near Masab Tank, Hyderabad, Asif Nagar, Mandal, Telangana 500028. Hyderabad railway station is located at a distance of 2.2 km which can be covered in a duration of 10 minutes only. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is located 30 km away from the college while Begumpet airport is located only 9.7 km away. The nearest bus depot is Mehdipatnam Bus Depot and it is only 2.0 km away from the college.
Courses & Fees
Government Polytechnic College, Hyderabad Admission
Government Polytechnic College, Hyderabad offers diploma courses in Automobile, Civil, Computers, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics and Communications, Mechanical, Pharmacy. Admission to all the courses is offered on the basis of Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS Polycet) conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET), Telangana followed by the participation in the TS Polycet counselling process. Government Polytechnic College, Hyderabad admission process is given in details:
- Aspiring candidates have to apply and appear for Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS PolyCET) conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET), Telangana.
- Candidates have to qualify the TS PolyCET exam and meet the cutoff requirement in order to participate in the counselling process.
- Further, candidates who have secured a valid rank and has met the cut-off will further have to participate in the TS PolyCET counselling process for choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment and document verification.
- Final admission will be based on the rank secured in the TS PolyCET examination, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
Government Polytechnic College, Hyderabad has infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Library: Government Polytechnic College, Hyderabad has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Hostel: The institute provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc.
- Laboratories: Government Polytechnic College, Hyderabad has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
Questions related to Government Polytechnic, Hyderabad
can i join government ploytenic collage directly
sorry to say you can not get direct admission , you need to qualify the polytechnic entrance test to get admission in diploma courses. TSPOLYCET is the entrance test for admission in telengana polytechnic colleges.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: