The types of Personal Information that we collect and hold
As a visitor, you can browse our platforms to view the content on various exams, details of schools, colleges, universities, service providers, courses, programs etc. and other information available on Platforms. You are not required to provide any personal data as a visitor.
However, many of our services require you to register on Careers360.com. When you register, we will ask for your personal information and education interest to create your account.
We may collect the following information to register you on our platforms to allow you to use our products and/or vail the various services we offer:
- Your name
- Contact information such as email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as current location and/or residential address
- Education details such as education Interest, current education level, year of passing and/or other preferences/interests (including but not limited to preferred location of study, choice of programs/courses)
Coaching / counselling products
At the time of purchasing or using of any of our test preparation products, counselling products or other tools / services, paid or free, on our platform, we may collect additional information such
- Your location and state
- Your socio-economic profile
- Information pertaining to racial or ethnic origin, religion etc,
- Your score, rank in various entrance exams.
- Date of birth
- Enrolment number pertaining to exam/institutions applied to
- Your engagement on various products, behaviour patterns, test results etc
When you are applying to colleges / universities by using our Common Form on our platforms, we may collect the following additional information from you to enable them to process you application.
- Category / Stream for which form is filled, course interested in, preferred location of study
- Gender, Nationality, State, Address, Date of Birth
- Father’s / guardian’s name, occupation, mother’s name
- Details of 10 th class including marks scored, school name, school board, passing year
- Details of 12 th class / under graduation including stream, marks scored, school name, school board, passing year
- Work experience (if applicable) including companies last worked / working, years of experience, job designation etc.
For purchase of products, we may ask for financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or any other payment information for processing of payments.
We will only collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means. Personal Information may be collected directly from you or your authorised representative, or may be collected from a third party such as a licensee or representative authorised by us to provide services to you. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them including but not limited to log information and location information
The above information is collected to help us provide you improved and personalized content and services, analyse trends, conduct research and to aid evolution of our product/service offerings to benefit the end user that is you.
We do not collect Personal and Sensitive information unless the information is reasonably necessary for conducting our business functions/activities.
Log files, IP Addresses and Information about your Computer and Mobile Device
Due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit our platforms we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going to when you leave our platforms.
Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on our platforms. PPPL also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer and additional information including but not limited to your computer operating system, your mobile device and its operating system (if you are accessing our platforms using a mobile device),web/mobile browser you are using as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile network carrier.
Use of your personal information
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you better service; in particular for all or some of the following reasons:
- To customise experience on our platforms based on your profile and interests
- To recommend the ‘best fit college’ with the information provided by you
- To enhance your engagement levels with the test preparation platform and to enable us improve your learning outcomes
- To process your application(s) to our partner Colleges and Universities which require the information to assess your suitability for admission
- To send you updates about the exams, schools / colleges / universities / service providers, courses, programs, events and other information that you may be interested in
- To tailor the communications that we send you about our products and services based on your profile
- To allow you to participate in surveys, reviews, promotional offers or interactive features of our products/services when you choose to do so
- To respond appropriately to any questions or comments that you submitted to use on our platforms or otherwise.
- For Internal record keeping
- To enhance products, functionalities and services offered by us
We may periodically send promotional emails/SMS about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use this information to customize the platform according to demographic interests
Your personal data may be shared with selected educational institutions to communicate their marketing campaigns for their courses / programs which may be beneficial to you.
You can at any time ask us to stop sending you marketing information or withdraw the permission to contact you by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing of your information
We work with a range of educational institutions that advertise courses on our platforms. Your personal data will only be shared with educational institutions you have chosen to engage with via our websites. For example, when you make an enquiry, show interest or a prospectus request to an institution, your details relating to that enquiry will be provided to the institution so that they may engage with you directly.
We may also share the information under the following circumstances
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of terms of services of careers360 platforms, or as otherwise required by law.
- We are responding to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or to establish our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
The information you provide by filling “Common Form” is shared only with the institution(s) that you have expressly consented to apply to by paying the applicable application fee. This information enables these institution(s) to process your application and to contact you to initiate the next steps in the admissions process
Furthermore, whenever you make payments on our Platforms, your payment card information is shared with a payment gateway / processor.
Like most platforms, we use “Cookies” and web log files to track site usage and trends, to improve the quality of our service, to customize your experience on our platforms, as well as to deliver Careers360 and third-party advertising to Users both on and off our platforms.
A cookie is a tiny data file that resides on your computer, mobile phone, or other device, and allows us to recognize you as a User when you return to our platforms using the same computer and web browser. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases doing so may impact your ability to use our platforms.
In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing the services to our Users, we may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable but may provide general segment information (e.g., your industry or geography or information about your professional or educational background) for the enhancement of your user experience by providing more relevant advertising. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Our platforms do not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
To support the services, we provide at no cost to our Users, as well as provide a more relevant and useful experience for our Users, we target and serve our own ads and third-party ads.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser preferences. You can accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or reject all cookies.
Links to Other platforms
Our platforms may contain links to other platforms of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our platform, you should note that we do not have any control over that other platform you have voluntarily chosen to visit by clicking on that link. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such platforms as these aforesaid platforms are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statement applicable to the platform in question to understand your rights and/or protect your interests.
To use the Platforms, you agree that you must be at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18 or the applicable age of majority in your jurisdiction, whichever is higher, you must use Careers360.com and/or its platforms under the supervision of your parent, legal guardian or responsible adult.
In case you are a resident of the European Union, the minimum age for these purposes shall be 16 years, however if local laws require that you must be older in order for Careers360.com to lawfully provide the services on the Site to you, then that older age shall apply as the applicable minimum age.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children below the age of 13 years. If we learn that we have personal information of a child below the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems.
By using our Platforms, you are confirming that you are at least 18 years old, or that you are at least 13 years old and have your parent’s permission to use the platforms and any services offered by us.
How individuals can access and correct their Personal Information held by us?
The Company provides you the ability to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. You have a right to access, modify, correct and delete the data you supplied. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy.
If at any time you would like to rectify or restrict the processing of your personal information, you may access your personal information and make necessary changes.
At any time, if you wish to withdraw your consent to processing your data, please email us at email@example.com
We will retain your information as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and/or to enable your usage of our products. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce this Agreement.
As a User, you have certain obligations towards other Users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable laws and regulations, and others have become commonplace to support a user-friendly interface and environment. Your obligations include but are not limited to:
- You must respect all intellectual property rights that may belong to third parties
- You must not download or otherwise disseminate any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of PPPL and its community of Users.
- You must not provide us and/or other Users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person or to your professional or social status.
- You must keep your password confidential and not share it with others.
- Careers360.com operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with you. Careers360.com monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels to improve its products and services. Please note, you must not communicate with Careers360.com through such social media sites by divulging the following information:
- Sensitive personal data including information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation
- Other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number
- Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or insulting information directed towards individuals/entities
Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account at our sole discretion.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Amount paid towards products purchased will neither be refunded nor adjusted under any circumstance.
However, if you have purchased products / services under ‘money back guarantee’ facility, the amount would be returned in case of not meeting the minimum guarantee promised, provided that you have fulfilled the terms and conditions pertaining to the offer provided by us.
Our customer service team would be available to address any concerns related to the product and services rendered by us. For further information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach customer care on 0124-6666 360
By registering with us, you are expressly consenting to our collection, processing, storing, disclosing and handling of your information as set forth in this Policy now and as amended by us from time to time. Processing your information in any way, includes collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining, sharing, transferring and disclosing information. We believe that, every user of our Platforms must be in a position to provide an informed consent prior to providing any Information required for the use of any of the Platforms. Even if you reside outside India, your information will be transferred, processed and stored in accordance with the applicable data protection laws of India.
We reserve the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. Changes to our policy will be updated on our platforms only. You are advised to review this Policy regularly for any changes, as continued use is deemed approval of all changes. This policy was last updated on August 01, 2020.
In purview of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) guidelines, you hereby authorise us and our affiliates/partners or otherwise who are accessing your Information by virtue of their association with the company to communicate with you through telephone/mobile, Email, SMS, WhatsApp or other modes of communication even if Your number/numbers(s) is/are registered in the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC) or www.nccptrai.gov.in
You are providing your express consent to receive information, including telemarketing, about products and services from us and you hereby agree and consent to our contacting you using the information you have provided to us. We may contact you by e-mail, phone, including automated dialling equipment, SMS, WhatsApp and other kinds of text message, social networks or any other means of communication.
When you send an email or other communication to the company, it may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
We take utmost care to secure your Information from unauthorised access, usage or disclosure or alteration. We take appropriate steps and security measures to safeguard your Information and make sure that your Information is secured as mandated by law. For this purpose, we adopt reasonable security practices and procedures, in line with the industry standards, to include, technical, operational, managerial and physical security controls in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, or disclosure while it is under our control.
While we protect your personal information as per industry standards, you acknowledge that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and we cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of your personal information. Therefore, you shall not hold us responsible for any loss of your information, or any other data which you have shared.
How to Contact Us
Pathfinder Publishing Private Limited
Plot 78, Sector 44
Haryana 122 003
Tel: 0124-6666 360