Our comment policy
We at Careers360.com welcome your feedback to our qna/career/ course reviews, advisories and other articles featured by us. But do keep the following pointers in mind before posting a comment:
- Please keep your comments/ feedback/ queries limited to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all. It is for feedback to articles and relevant queries posted on the site. Please try and keep your comments concise and clear. Short messages tend to get noticed and also have a high probability of getting published in our respective print magazines.
- Please do not spam us. Please do not post the same message again and again. Even in different threads
- Scathing, passionate, even angry, critique is welcome; abuse and invective are not. We request civility and urge our readers to try and express their disagreements, if any, without being disagreeable. There is just no space for personal attacks. No ad hominem, please.
- If any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and/or also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser(s).
Please note that it may not be possible for our moderators to sift through your messages and if they find more than one instance of abuse, they may decide to delete all your messages ever posted by you rather than spend time trying to locate all the abusive ones. Therefore, if you want us to take you seriously and for your messages to be retained on the site, please ensure that you do not cross the civil lines of propriety.
Please note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
Our endeavor is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. Please help us help you.
- If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not stoop to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message with links to the offending mails at the following email address: Editor At Careers360 DOT com.Please put "COMPLAINT" in the subject header of your mail.
- Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you think that an article on another site has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered "fair-use" and provide a link to the article under question.
- There is no particular Careers360.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our columns are those of the author concerned and do not necessarily reflect the views of Careers360.com.
- Please also note that the sole responsibility for the comments posted on the site is that of the relevant user posting the comment. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of a comment's existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of its contents. Careers360.com however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever.
- Careers360.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays the comments posted by you. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
- Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of Careers360.com
- The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of Careers360.com
- Careers360.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
- Please, therefore, take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially show up on search engines such as Google, Bing etc.
What is Careers360 QnA
Careers360’s QnA is a user-generated question and answer platform that helps students in making informed career decisions
Our mission is to bring great ideas, students, and resources together. We seek to achieve this mission by creating the best education platform on the internet for any given question related to careers, exam preparation, college admission etc. so that students can make the choices that are right for them.
How to use
Ask questions when you have them -
1. Questions should be written to retain reusable information and provide helpful answers to similar questions
2. Questions need to be a maximum of 140 characters long
3. Make sure the question is tagged with all the relevant topics
4. Write a brief description (this is optional) as it helps others understand your question
Answer a question -
1. Good answers are helpful to both the original poster of the question and to others who have the same question in future.
2. Your opinion matters
3. Upvote/downvote – Answers are rated by visitors
4. Comment on an answer to reply/post your opinion
5. Follow Topics
6. When you follow a topic, questions and answers tagged with that topic will appear in QnA feed
1. Post questions related to education and career.
2. Be clear and concise when asking a question. Try avoiding chat lingo.
3. Ensure that your write up is easy to read, meaningful and informative.
4. The answer is helpful when credible and sincerely to address the question that was asked.
5. Answer a question so that others benefit from your knowledge, opinions, or personal experiences.
6. Assume that other people have their own knowledge/background. Be respectful and considerate when commenting on an answer.
1. Promote Business - It is prohibited to use Careers360 QnA platform for promoting business interest, self-promotion, advertisement and spamming members.
2. Duplicate/False Content - Before posting any new question/answer/comment, please see if the same has already been posted. You can quickly scroll through the answers to see if your query is answered in them. If not, go ahead and drop your question. Please don't exaggerate or falsify an answer
3. Copyright and Intellectual Property - Posting of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Do not post content that infringes any intellectual property right of another party. Writing taken from another source should be properly attributed and block quoted. You can cite the same as a source and use the web link to direct the community members to the original source.
4. Hate Speech - Keep foul/abusive/hateful language, threats, and lewdness out of your question/answer/comment. QnA is a place for civil discourse and does not tolerate content that attacks or disparages an individual or group based on race, gender, religion, nationality, political group or another similar characteristic.
5. Sexually Explicit Material
6. Adult Content is NOT allowed on Careers360 QnA. Profile photos should not contain nudity or sexually explicit material.
There are few community members who care about the quality of content on Careers360 QnA and fulfilling the mission to make it a great resource for students. You as our passionate platform user can help us in moderation by joining us to keep an eye out on our site as well.
Violation of Guidelines
Any violation of these QnA guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension, or termination of your account at the sole discretion of Careers360.
If you see something on QnA that you believe violates our guidelines, or is in any way not acceptable socially please report to us at email@example.com