About St Joseph's College, Irinjalakuda
St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur was founded by the sisters of the Congregation of Holy Family in the year 1964. The college is also known as St Joseph’s College Irinjalakuda and St. Joseph's College Thrissur. St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda is affiliated to the University of Calicut. The institution is recognised by the University Grants Commission and in the year 2006, it has been granted the status of College with Potential for Excellence by UGC. Biotechnology, Chemistry, Business Administration, Computer Science, Journalism and Mass Communication, Commerce, Mathematics, Physical Education, Physics, English, Economics, History, Social Work, Zoology, Psychology, Botany, Malayalam and Hindi are the academic departments of the institute offering various UG, PG and doctoral programmes to the students.
St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda is located at Kodungallur - Shornur Road, Irinjalakuda in Kerala. Irinjalakkuda is around 9 km away from the college. Cochin International Airport is approximately 40 km away from St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur. KSRTC Bus Station is around 3 km away from the institute.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The institute has the following collaborations:
- Centre for Neuroscience, Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore
- ACE Tally Academy, Tax Study Centre, Cochin Economics GTECH Computers, KITCO, DIC, Industrial Department Irinjalakuda
- Kerala Agricultural University, Department of Higher Education, Government of Kerala Kerala Folklore Academy
- National Board for Higher Mathematics, Kerala Mathematical Association, International Mathematical Union, Indian Academy of Sciences Bangalore, Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Kerala State Sports Council
- JCI (Junior Chamber International, Irinjalakuda)
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- NSS Unit - National Service Scheme is a public service programme of St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda. It works for the upliftment and betterment of society and believes in community service. It provides a helping hand to the underprivileged section of society so that they have the least amount of suffering.
- NCC - National Cadet Corps of St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur helps the students to develop a passion for working in the armed forces. It works to serve the nation and spread the spirit of patriotism and service for the nation amongst the young citizens and the students of NCC unit are a part of Trekking, All India Cultural Programme, Youth Exchange Programme, Thal Sainik Camp, Republic Day Camp at Delhi, Basic Leadership Camp, National Integration Camp, etc.
- Fine Arts Club - This club has students with artistic as well as the aesthetic talents who exhibit their creativity at various competitions and events.
- Biodiversity Club - This club has been set up with the association of Biodiversity Management Committees (BMCs) conduct biodiversity studies. Biodiversity conservation is one of the major objectives of this club and it also creates awareness amongst the people about the importance of biodiversity.
- EBSB Club - Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Club promotes the Indian culture and its diversity. It focuses on Unity in Diversity and showcases the rich legacy and culture of our nation.
- Entrepreneurship Development Club - The ED club of St Josephs College Irinjalakuda started functioning in the year 2003. The ED Club equips the students with skills, knowledge and techniques that are required to become successful entrepreneurs and promote entrepreneurial culture amongst the students.
- HRD Centre - The HRD Cell of St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur assists the students in terms of their careers. It guides the students in further studies along with helping them in getting employment opportunities at the top-notch companies.
- Minority Cell - The Minority Cell of St Joseph’s College Irinjalakuda caters to the educational and cultural needs of the Minority community and focuses on the overall development of the students through various activities.
- Nature Club - This club of the institute works for the protection and conservation of nature. It creates awareness amongst the students about the importance of our ecosystem and environment. Students are a part of various activities such as field trips, exhibitions on the environment, the opening of Butterfly Garden, organising eco-friendly activities, etc.
- Oratory Club - The Oratory Club of St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda focuses on the enhancement of the communication skills and oratory skills of the students leading.
- Women Cell - We for Women Club of St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur works for “women empowerment,” “consumer protection act,” and “women’s rights.”
Courses & Fees
St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda Admissions
St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur offers various UG, PG and doctoral programmes and Biotechnology, Chemistry, Business Administration, Computer Science, Journalism and Mass Communication, Commerce, Mathematics, Physical Education, Physics, English, Economics, History, Social Work, Zoology, Psychology, Botany, Malayalam and Hindi are the academic departments of the institute. St. Joseph's College Thrissur admission to all the UG and PG programmes except for Master of Social Work (MSW), Master of Mass Communication and Journalism (MCJ), Master of Science (Cyber Security) and Master of Science (Biotechnology) is based on the merit of the qualifying examination that is marks secured in class 12 for UG programmes and marks of graduation, performance in the interview, participation in the allotment procedure, institute level document verification and fee payment. Admission to Master of Social Work (MSW)/Master of Mass Communication and Journalism (MCJ)/Master of Science (Cyber Security)/Master of Science (Biotechnology) and PhD is based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam, performance in the interview, university-level document verification and fee payment. The step by step St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur admission procedure is given below:
St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda Admission Process for all the UG and PG courses except for Master of Social Work (MSW)/Master of Mass Communication and Journalism (MCJ)/Master of Science (Cyber Security)/Master of Science (Biotechnology) and PhD
Candidates have to fill in and submit an application form on the website of St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur.
Admission will be offered on the merit of the qualifying examination that is marks secured in class 12 for UG programmes and marks of graduation shall be considered for admission to the PG programme.
A rank list will be prepared separately for separate courses so that candidates can be shortlisted for the further St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda admission process.
Aspirants whose will be sent SMS and email for seat allotment for the counselling process. The St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda allotment procedure shall be completely online.
Candidates have to give their confirmation for the allotment and then they need to pay the partial fee as specified by St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur.
Subsequent to the partial fee payment, an interview will be scheduled and after the interview, candidates have to participate in the last stage of Joseph's College Irinjalakuda Thrissur admission process that comprises document verification and fee payment.
In order to confirm St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur admissions, fee payment and document verification is a mandatory step.
Thus, the final selection of the candidates will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam, performance in the interview, participation in the allotment procedure, institute level document verification and fee payment.
Master of Social Work (MSW)/Master of Mass Communication and Journalism (MCJ)/Master of Science (Cyber Security)/Master of Science (Biotechnology) and PhD
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria of the respective course and then they have to submit the application form along with all the necessary documents on the website of St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda.
Applicants have to appear for the Entrance Test conducted by St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur.
For PhD programmes, candidates with JRF can apply directly through the college Research Centre on merit basis for admissions.
Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam and qualifying candidates shall be eligible for the next stage of St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur admission process and they have to appear for the personal interview and qualify it.
Candidates qualifying the interview to have to participate in the university level counselling for the allotment process, document verification and fee payment.
Final admission shall be based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam, performance in the interview, university-level document verification and fee payment.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
- St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda facilities are provided to the students to experience a hassle-free student life throughout the years of the college. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Separate UG and PG hostels offer safe and secured accommodation to the students. The canteen of the institute provides meals and snacks at a subsidized rate. Students can read the detailed St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur facilities mentioned here:
Computing Centre - This centre fulfils the computation needs of the students and the teaching staff and provides internet facility.
Hostel - The institute provides safe and secured hostels for accommodation of the girls there are separate UG and PG hostels with all the necessary facilities. The hostel has a boarding capacity of approximately 300 students.
Auditorium - The institute has an acoustically designed auditorium that has a seating capacity of 1500 students and apart from this there is an open-air amphitheatre with a seating capacity of 5000.
Sports - St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur focuses on physical education and provides sports facilities. Students are a part of various indoor and outdoor games and also participate in the various sports tournaments.
Computing Centre - The institute has a computing centre to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty. Various software such as SPSS, Coreldraw, MATLAB, LaTeX, Pagemaker7.0, Tally11.0, Adobe, Texmaker 3.5.2,LaTex Equation Editor1.01, Sigmaplot, Graphpad,- InStat, Stata, Relative quantification,gnu-crypto2.1.0.net application, CryptoForge, Bioinformatic tools- Phylip, Clustal, Probit Analysis, Python, etc are available at the computing centre.
Cafeteria - St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur has a cafeteria that provides tea, meals, snacks, etc to the students at a reasonable price and it can accommodate around 100 students at one time.
Laboratories - In order to train the students practically, the institute has laboratories in various disciplines that are well equipped. The lab equipment is regularly upgraded and UG and PG labs, Plant tissue culture lab, Microbiology lab, Cold Room, Instrumentation rooms, Physical Chemistry lab, Research lab, Gemology lab, BG room and Dark Room are some of the labs of St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur.
Library - St Joseph's College Irinjalakuda has a library that is fully-fledged with a variety of books and it is a store-house of information. Internet facilities are also provided at the library.
Seminar Halls - St. Joseph's College Irinjalakuda, Thrissur has ICT enabled Smart A/C and non-ac seminar halls that are used for organising academic meetings, workshops, seminars, etc for the students.
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 31 Dec 2021 and the score is 3.1 .
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 31 Dec 2021 ; CGPA : 3.1