About Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune (AFMC) has the distinction of being the first medical college set up by the Armed Forces of any country in Asia. It was established on 01 May, 1948. The institute campus has an area of 119 acres. AFMC Pune has 24 academic departments: Anaesthesiology & Critical Care; Anatomy; Biochemistry; College of Nursing; Community Medicine; Dental Surgery; Dermatology; Forensic Medicine; Hospital Administration; Internal Medicine; Microbiology; Obstetrics and Gynaecology; Ophthalmology; Orthopaedics; Otorhinolaryngology; Pathology; Pediatrics; Pharmacology; Physiology; Psychiatry; Radiodiagnosis & Imaging; Surgery; Immunohematology & Blood Transfusion; Pulmonology, Respiratory Critical Care & Sleep Medicine. AFMC offers MBBS, Post B.Sc Nursing, BPMT, PG Diploma, MD, MS, Post Basic B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc, Post Basic Diploma, M.Ch, MDS, DM, MHA and PhD programmes.
AFMC is located at Southern Command, Solapur Road, Wanowrie, near Race Course, Pune, Maharashtra. Pune International Airport is the closest airport to the institute, located 9.8 km away. Nearest railway station to the institute is Ghorpuri Railway Station, located 3.4 km away and the nearest bus station is Market Yard Bus Station, located 4.4 km away.
- AFMC is accredited by NAAC with 'A' grade with a CGPA of 3.51 out of 4
- AFMC is accredited by NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories)
AFMC has collaborated/signed MOUs with the following institutions:
- Command Hospital (Southern Command)
- Military Hospital Cardiothoracic Center, Pune
- Army Sports Institute, Pune
- High Altitude Medical Research Centre, Leh
- University of Michigan, USA
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai
- JIPMER, Pondicherry
- AIIMS Delhi
- National AIDS Control Organization
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Sports Club- Sports Club of AFMC has been formed at the institute to promote sports and physical activities. It organises various sports and athletics events at the institute. It encourages students to participate in institute level, national and international sports events.
- Adventure Club- The Adventure Club of the institute organises adventure activities throughout the country. The aim of the Club is to indulge in adventure activities and help society at the same time.
- Musimatics Club- It is the music club of AFMC Pune. It promotes the culture of music amongst the institute community. It aims to promote traditional and cultural music amongst the institute community. It conducts various musical events at the institute.
Courses & Fees
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune Admission Procedure:
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune admissions are offered to undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Admission to the courses will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test followed by a college-level counselling process. The details of the AFMC admission procedure is given below:-
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune Admission Procedure for MBBS programme:
- Candidates have to appear for NEET UG Entrance Examination and obtain a valid score.
- Then, candidates have to register and apply for AFMC, Pune on the DGHS website (www.mcc.nic.in).
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done by DGHS based on NEET UG Score and a list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the DGHS website.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for screening at AFMC, Pune where they will be called for Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning (ToELR), Psychological Assessment Test (PAT), Interview and Medical Examination.
- Final selection will be done based on the NEET UG exam score and performance at screening (ToELR, PAT, Interview and Medical Examination), document verification and fees payment.
- Candidates have to appear for NEET PG Entrance Examination and obtain a valid score.
- Then, candidates have to register and apply for AFMC, Pune on the DGHS website (www.mcc.nic.in).
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done by DGHS based on NEET PG Score and a list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed in the DGHS website.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for AFMC PG Counselling.
- AFMC Pune admissions will be offered through AFMC PG Counselling, NEET PG scores, document verification and fees payment.
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune Admission Procedure for Post B.Sc Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing programmes:
- Candidates have to apply for admission online on the AFMC, Pune website.
- Then, candidates have to appear for AFMC Entrance Test conducted by AFMC.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on the score obtained in AFMC Entrance Test.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered AFMC admissions after getting their documents verified and payment of admission fees.
Medicine and Allied Sciences (M.D.)
Medicine and Allied Sciences (M.B.B.S.)
"AFMC IS THE BEST ABOVE THE REST "
The best medical college... Also ranked 2nd in standard pape
Last Seen: 24 May' 17
Joined On: 03 Jul' 16
Education Interest: Medical
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
AFMC -The best that could have happened to me in this life !
Joined On: 16 Oct' 15
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune Facilities:-
Various infrastructural facilities are provided by the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune such as well-equipped lecture halls, library with a collection of books, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, cafeteria to serve food to the students, laboratories to provide practical training to the students. Other facilities like internet, shopping centre, general store, cinema theatre, auditorium to conduct events, etc are also available for the students.
- Lecture Halls- The lecture halls at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune are equipped with audio-video equipment to facilitate modern and interactive learning and teaching.
- Laboratories- The labs at the institute are well-equipped with modern equipment to facilitate good practical learning along with theoretical learning. There are 19 computer labs, 2 internet labs, 25 browsing centres, 36 computer centres which have about 400 computers.
- Internet- Internet connectivity of bandwidth 1 GBPS is available throughout the campus which is available through a leased line.
- Demonstration Rooms- There are demonstration rooms installed in AFMC Pune which help the faculties to demonstrate the students practical application of their studies.
- Auditorium- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune has an auditorium which has a large seating capacity. It is appropriate for organising events like seminars, cultural, invited talks etc.
- Cafeteria- The institute has a cafeteria that serves hygienic food and beverages of multiple cuisines at reasonable prices.
- Cinema Theatre- The campus has a cinema theatre that screens movies at regular intervals of students' choices. It is a state-of-the-art theatre.
- General Store- There is a general store inside the campus of Armed Forces Medical College, Pune that serves to the general and daily needs of the students, staff and faculty.
- Shopping Centre- There is a shopping centre in the institute which has a number of shops which serve multiple needs of the students. It has an array of shops and stores.
- Sports- AFMC has adequate facilities for indoor and outdoor sports like volleyball, football, basketball, cricket, badminton, table tennis etc. There is also a gymnasium in the institute which is well-equipped with modern equipment.
- Library- The library at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune has 17848 books, subscription to 79 journals and 1619 e-journals, 10,000 CD/DVDs. The library is automated using Slim Soft software.
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 30 Apr 2022 and the score is 3.66 .
Questions related to Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
After completing MBBS in AFMC what are the options for placement
The cadets are offered placements in the all three armed forces wing such as air force, navy and military force as a medical officer with a rank similar to that of NDA cadets. They have an option to choose between SSC (short service commission) and PC (permanent commission) and also subject to the seat availability, or you can pay out by paying 28 Lacs, which is the bond-money as of the year, 2016.
Hope this helps you!
Is it necessary that neet should be qualified in the first attempt for AFMC?
No, it is not compulsory to qualify Neet examination is the first attempt to be eligible for AFMC but yes it is mandatory to qualify your 12th board examination in the first attempt to be eligible for AFMC.
This is because,
As per eligibility criteria of AFMC to be eligible you should pass all the subjects in your class 12th in your first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must get at least 60% in PCB i. e Physics, Chemistry and Biology and at least 50% marks in English and 50% marks individually in each of PCB , also should have studied and passed maths in the class 10th.
You must be at least 17 years of age by 31st December of the year in which you application, for example if you are applying in 2021 then to be eligible you should be at least 17 years old by 31st December 2021. Also, you must not be more than 24 years of age.
You can check the same at its official page , the link for the same is provided below
If you want to get into afmc, you need to have at least around 650 marks in neet examination to be on the safer side.
In 2019 , 596 marks was required for boys and 610 marks in neet was required for girls to get into AFMC
After qualifying neet cut off of AFMC , you will have to give some additional examination to get admission in AFMC , that is :-
*Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic, and Reasoning which is called ToELR,
*Psychological Assessment Test i.e. PAT,
After clearing these, finally you will have to go through your Medical Examination then finally you are selected for admission in AFMC.
For detailed information go through
if I have -3 diopter eyesight in right eye and -.75 diopter in left eye am I fit for nda(army), and is keratoconus disease is a cause for rejection in nda entry, and if one gets medical out first preference of service then will he get PR ??
This solely depends on the extent of weakness of eyesight due to Keratoconus problem. They do have tests of eyesight but they are not very strict. However, if the situation is serious such that you're not able to distinguish colours and there are certain limits to myopia(-2.5 D) and hyper metropia not more than 3.5 D which if you fail, you will be denied entry to NDA. Also, eyesight requirements differ for Army, Navy and Airforce.
if afmc mbbs is alloted but I didnt report then security money will be refunded?
Dear Medical aspirant
AFMC mbbs takes a security deposit which is refundable after you complete the course duration without getting terminated or leaving the course in halfway.After getting alloted at AFMC candidates who report on the allocated date are allowed to start their admission process if at all the candidate has a strong and reasonable evidence for delay in reporting they can report the next day.But candidates failing to report loose their security fees and wont be refunded.
how to join BMLT paramedical course in AFMC?I want to know about its procedure. plz answer
All the Paramedical courses at AFMC are only for In service Candidates.
These courses provide training to Para medics of Armed Forces.
The Candidates are selected by AMC Centre and College.
All the paramedical courses are for Serving Personnel of Indian Army/Navy and Airforce only. Civilians are not eligible for this course.
Hope you got your answer.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 30 Apr 2022 ; CGPA : 3.66