About Sathaye College, Mumbai
Sathaye College, Mumbai was established by Parle Tilak Vidyalaya Association in the year 1959. Before 1993, Sathaye College was known as Parle College. The College offers undergraduate (BA/B.Sc/B.Com), self-financing (B.Sc (IT)/BMS/BMM) and postgraduate (MA/M.Sc/M.A.C.J) courses in different areas. Sathaye College is affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
Sathaye College is located at Dixit Road, Satsang CHSL, Navpada, Vile Parle East, Vile Parle, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Vile Parle Railway Station is 2.6 km away and Magicbricks Western Exp Highway Metro Station is 2.5 km away from the College. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is 5.2 km away from Sathaye College. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the Institute.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- Sathaye College is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Mumbai Metropolitan Region Heritage Conservation Society (MMRHCS)
- Modi Lipi Samvardhan Samstha
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Book Appreciation Club: This Club spreads awareness among the students about the importance of reading books.
- Commerce Association: This is the cultural club of Sathaye College that deals with the overall personality development of the students. Different activities like social awareness programme, guest lectures, competitions, etc are conducted.
- Dance Association: This club deals with dance art forms both regional and western. It also gives an opportunity for students to perform.
- Debate Association: This Society organises debate competitions and also conducts various lectures and speeches in events.
- English Literary Association: This Club helps students who are interested in English literature and want to gain insight on the history of this language. The club also provides a platform for students to showcase their literary skills and help other students who are interested in English.
- Film Club: It provides an option to students and faculty to take a break from their work and spend some quality time with their colleagues.
- Fine Arts Association: Sathaye College organizes workshops on script-writing, cinematography, movie-making, movie-analysis and other activities related to the appreciation of films.
- Hindi Literary Association: This Club helps students who are interested in Hindi literature and want to gain insight on the history of this language. The club also provides a platform for students to showcase their literary skills and help other students who are interested in Hindi.
- Marathi Literary Association: This Club helps students who are interested in Marathi literature and want to gain insight into the history of this language. The club also provides a platform for students to showcase their literary skills and help other students who are interested in Marathi.
- Music Association: This Club imparts musical knowledge to the students who are interested in music. Guitarists, keyboard players, bassists, drummers, violinists, and vocalists are part of this club.
- NSS: It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Nature Club: This Club is dedicated to nature and various activities like planting trees, nature quizzes, etc are conducted.
- Plantae: This Club is for the Botany Department. Various activities and events like Flower arrangement, Fruit and vegetable carving, Biorangoli, Biojewellery, etc are conducted.
- Rotaract Club: This is a Rotaract Club of the College that helps students in self-development and self-service through fellowship.
- Sanskrit Association: This Club helps students who are interested in Sanskrit literature and want to gain insight on the history of this language. The club also provides a platform for students to showcase their literary skills and help other students who are interested in Sanskrit.
- Science Association: The members of this club organise various guest lectures and scientific writing competitions and science exhibitions for the students.
- Social Science Association: This Club provides a platform for all social science departments. The members of this club organises varied debate competitions, lectures, and screening movies on social issues.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Sathaye College, Mumbai Highlights
Sathaye College, Mumbai Courses & Fees
Sathaye College, Mumbai Admissions
Sathaye College, Mumbai Admission Process:
Sathaye College offers admission to the degree, self-financing and postgraduate courses. Admission to the courses will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the qualifying examination. The detailed admission process is given below:
Sathaye College, Mumbai Student Reviews
Last Seen: 26 Mar' 21
Joined On: 26 Mar' 21
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of 2020
I have experience alot in this college
Sathaye College, Mumbai Facilities
Sathaye College has various infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as library, canteen, gymkhana with sports facilities, science laboratory, auditorium, etc. Various other facilities like network resource centre, botanical garden, classrooms with LCD projectors, lecture halls, internet, etc are also available for them.
- IT Infrastructure
- Swimming Pool
Sathaye College, Mumbai Gallery
Questions related to Sathaye College, Mumbai
Is this college have law for undergraduate students those who have completed their 12th recently
No, Sathaye College, Mumbai doesn't offer any law program for 12th students. It offers programmes in various disciplines such as BMM,BMS,BCom, BSc, BA and Master's Degree in Arts and Science.
You can check out the following link for more details regarding the same-
what are the arts collage timings ?
Hello there. Hope you are doing good. The timings of every college varies from one another. It also varies from shifts i.e morning shift or evening shift. So I would suggest you to mention the name of the specific college so that I can help you better. Good luck for your future.
Sathaye College, Mumbai Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The College library was founded in the year 1959 i.e. in the year when the college was established. Initially, there was only Degree College Library with two faculties viz. Arts and Science. Since 1975 Junior College Library with all three faculties i.e. Arts, Commerce and Science were started. Further, in 1980 +2 Vocational Minimum Competency Courses were introduced. In the year 1982-83 Commerce Faculty was introduced. The Degree Course for B.Sc.(I.T.) was introduced in Library Budget in the year 2002-03. The B.M.S. Degree course was started in the year 2003-04. B.M.M. course for Marathi Mass Media was introduced in the year 2010. The collection of books on various subjects grew in number with the development of the college. So a separate Lending Section was developed in the year of 1985. Sathaye College Library aims at facilitating a better understanding of core subjects of the Mumbai University syllabus along with sensitization and awareness of current issues in society. The library has a vivid collection of books related to its syllabus of various courses namely B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., M.Sc. (Chemistry), M.Sc.(Botany), B.M.S., B.M.M., B.Sc.(I.T.), M.Sc.(I.T.), M.A.(Hindi). The library has about 72,000 books on various subjects (Thirty-Two Departments), 32 popular magazines and 58 Academic Journals, nearly about 842 CD ROMs, 480 NFDC films, 7500 Exclusive Reference Books, 12 Daily Newspapers, 1010 Bound Volumes of Journals.
Laboratories are well equipped with different instruments and chemicals like Spectrophotometer, PH meter, Conductivity meters, Furnace, Centrifuge Machines, Magnetic Stirrers, Potentiometer, etc, to keep pace with academic growth. Renovation of Biology, Physics, and Chemistry laboratories was carried out. Department of Chemistry harbors three labs for Graduates and Postgraduate students based on the ground floor. Departments of Botany (UG & PG), Zoology, and Microbiology have their laboratories based on the first floor. Botany Department has its own Research Laboratory well equipped with Computer and Projector, High-Resolution Binocular Microscope, Electronic Microscope, High-Speed Centrifuge Machines, Sensitive Digital Balance, etc. on the same floor. Department of Physics has 2 Undergraduate laboratories based on the second floor. The laboratories are well equipped with computers, a printer, a scanner, and an internet facility. There is an exclusive Physics Research laboratory well equipped for carrying out research in Material Science. It has Pallet making Machine, Furnace, Vacuum Pump, Distillation Plant, Gas Sensing Assembly, Conductivity measurement set up, Programmable Digital Multimeter which is interfaced with Computer, Sensitive Digital Balance, refrigerator, required chemicals, and glassware.
The Auditorium facilitates performances like Dance, Musical Concerts, One-Act Plays, Interviews, Mono-Acts, Lectures, and Presentations, etc. Vile-Parle (E) is a culturally rich suburb of Mumbai. It is also an educational “ Hub ”. Sathaye College is one of the reputed institutions of Vile-Parle which has a compact Auditorium with all the modern amenities required for any performing art. It has a capacity of precisely 163 seats and it is very convenient as well as it gives a joyful experience to any performer due to its good “ Acoustics ”. The greatest advantage of Sathaye College Auditorium is its easy accessibility since it is located near Western Express Highway as well as a walking distance from Vile-Parle (E) railway station. This auditorium has become popular in quite a short time and has also become a “ Cultural Hub ” of not only Vile-Parle but also of the Mumbai district.
The canteen is based on the ground floor of the college building and is open during hours notified by the Principal. The canteen prospects with Nutritious, healthy food was available for students.
Recently central computing facility Network Resource Centre funded by UGC is established on the first floor near the library on the mezzanine floor. It resources 10 computers with basic computers and internet facilities for the use of students and staff between 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. which helps them in accessing online educational sites.
Mini Gymnasium which has facilities for weight training, Power Lifting Boxing.
The college has sports facilities for all students.
The college has Swimming Pool facilities for all students.
The college has a health center with a first aid facility for the students.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 26 Nov 2022 ; CGPA : 3.06