About Sathaye College, Mumbai
Sathaye College, Mumbai was established by Parle Tilak Vidyalaya Association in the year 1959. Before 1993, Sathaye College was known as Parle College. The College offers undergraduate (BA/B.Sc/B.Com), self financing (B.Sc (IT)/BMS/BMM) and postgraduate (MA/M.Sc/M.A.C.J) courses in different areas. Sathaye College is affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
Sathaye College is located at Dixit Road, Satsang CHSL, Navpada, Vile Parle East, Vile Parle, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Vile Parle Railway Station is 2.6 km away and Magicbricks Western Exp Highway Metro Station is 2.5 km away from the College. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is 5.2 km away from Sathaye College. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the Institute.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- Sathaye College is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Mumbai Metropolitan Region Heritage Conservation Society (MMRHCS)
- Modi Lipi Samvardhan Samstha
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Book Appreciation Club: This Club spreads awareness among the students about the importance of reading books.
- Commerce Association: This is the cultural club of Sathaye College that deals with the overall personality development of the students. Different activities like social awareness programme, guest lectures, competitions, etc are conducted.
- Dance Association: This club deals with dance art forms both regional and western. It also gives an opportunity for students to perform.
- Debate Association: This Society organises debate competitions and also conducts various lectures and speeches in events.
- English Literary Association: This Club helps students who are interested in English literature and want to gain insight on the history of this language. The club also provides a platform for students to showcase their literary skills and help other students who are interested in English.
- Film Club: It provides an option to students and faculty to take a break from their work and spend some quality time with their colleagues.
- Fine Arts Association: Sathaye College organizes workshops on script-writing, cinematography, movie-making, movie-analysis and other activities related to the appreciation of films.
- Hindi Literary Association: This Club helps students who are interested in Hindi literature and want to gain insight on the history of this language. The club also provides a platform for students to showcase their literary skills and help other students who are interested in Hindi.
- Marathi Literary Association: This Club helps students who are interested in Marathi literature and want to gain insight on the history of this language. The club also provides a platform for students to showcase their literary skills and help other students who are interested in Marathi.
- Music Association: This Club imparts musical knowledge to the students who are interested in music. Guitarists, keyboard players, bassists, drummers, violinists, and vocalists are part of this club.
- NSS: It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Nature Club: This Club is dedicated towards nature and various activities like planting of trees, nature quizzes, etc are conducted.
- Plantae: This Club is for the Botany Department. Various activities and events like Flower arrangement, Fruit and vegetable carving, Biorangoli, Biojewellery etc are conducted.
- Rotaract Club: This is a Rotaract Club of the College that helps students in self development and self service through fellowship.
- Sanskrit Association: This Club helps students who are interested in Sanskrit literature and want to gain insight on the history of this language. The club also provides a platform for students to showcase their literary skills and help other students who are interested in Sanskrit.
- Science Association: The members of this club organise various guest lectures and scientific writing competitions and science exhibitions for the students.
- Social Science Association: This Club provides a platform for all social science departments. The members of this club organises varied debate competitions, lectures, and screening movies on social issues.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Courses & Fees
For Degree Courses (BA/B.Sc/B.Com):
- Candidates should be passed in 12th examination of Higher Secondary Board (HSB).
- Eligible candidates should fill an application form on the University website and choose Sathaye College as their preference.
- Aspirants will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks scored in 12th examination.
- Final admission will be offered after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Self Financing Courses (B.Sc (IT)/BMS/BMM):
- Aspirants should fill an application form on the University website and choose Sathaye College as their preference.
- For B.Sc (IT), admission will be done on the basis of the marks scored in 12th examination in Mathematics.
- For BMS, BMM, admission will be on the merit of the marks scored in the qualifying examination.
- Final admission will be offered to the candidates after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Postgraduate Courses (MA/M.Sc/M.A.C.J):
- Candidates should be passed in bachelor's examination of the University.
- Eligible candidates should fill a registration form on the University website and choose Sathaye College as their preference.
- Aspirants will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks scored in bachelor's examination.
I have experience alot in this college
So I am proud student of Sathaye college.
I am proud student of my college.I am still connected to it
My experience in sathaye College was best
Last Seen: 01 Jun' 20
Joined On: 01 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
Sathaye college is the best and we have lots of fun
Last Seen: 30 May' 20
Joined On: 30 May' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- BMS Self Finance
Sathaye College has various infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as library, canteen, gymkhana with sports facilities, science laboratory, auditorium, etc. Various other facilities like network resource centre, botanical garden, classrooms with LCD projectors, lecture halls, internet, etc are also available for them.
- Library: The Central library has a collection of books, journals and other resources in Mathematics and Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Biotechnology, Humanities, Social Sciences and Management ranging from printed books, e-books, back volumes, and CDs/DVDs.
- Canteen: The college has a canteen that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
- Gymkhana: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students. The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Science Laboratory: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
- Auditorium: Sathaye College has auditorium for the students and faculty that can be used for conferences, meetings, guest lectures, etc
Questions related to Sathaye College, Mumbai
Is this college have law for undergraduate students those who have completed their 12th recently
No, Sathaye College, Mumbai doesn't offer any law program for 12th students. It offers programmes in various disciplines such as BMM,BMS,BCom, BSc, BA and Master's Degree in Arts and Science.
You can check out the following link for more details regarding the same-
what are the arts collage timings ?
Hello there. Hope you are doing good. The timings of every college varies from one another. It also varies from shifts i.e morning shift or evening shift. So I would suggest you to mention the name of the specific college so that I can help you better. Good luck for your future.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 26 Nov 2022 ; CGPA : 3.06