About PK University, Shivpuri
PK University, Shivpuri was established in the year 2015 under section 2f of the UGC Act 1956 vide MP Government Act Number 17 of 2015. The university is also known as PKU. P.K. University is recognised by the University Grants Commission. PKU is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi, Bar Council of India, Pharmacy Council India, Nursing Council, Ayog and M.P Paramedical Council. PKU courses are offered at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
PKU is located at Village Thanra, Tehsil: Karera, District Shivpuri in Madhya Pradesh. Karari Railway Station is around 32 km away from the varsity. Shivpuri Airport is approximately 50 km away from PKU. New Bus Stand Dhala is around 30 km away from the university. It takes about 40 minutes to reach the university via car/cab from the bus depot.
Courses & Fees
PKU courses are offered at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. Admission to all the courses except for B.T.C and doctoral programmes based on the merit of the qualifying examination that is marks secured in class 12 for UG programmes and graduation marks is required for admission to the PKU PG admission process. B.T.C Admission is offered through counselling. PKU PhD admission is based on the marks obtained in the entrance test. PKU. Check the step by step PKU admission process here:
PKU B.T.C Admission Process
- Candidates wishing to purses B.T.C have to submit an online application.
- Admission will be offered through counselling and thus applicants need to participate in the counselling process and they will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to get their documents verified and then they have to pay the requisite fee in order to confirm their PKU admission.
- Final selection of the shortlisted candidates is done on the basis of participation in the admission counselling, verification of documents and fee payment.
PKU Admission Process for all the courses except for B.T.C and doctoral programmes
- Candidates who are desirous to take admission to the various courses offered by P.K. University have to fill in and submit an application form on the website.
- PKU admission shall be based on the merit of the qualifying examination that is marks secured in class 12 for UG programmes and marks of graduation shall be considered for admission to the PG programmes.
- Candidates will be shortlisted according to the merit of the qualifying examination and only the shortlisted candidates will be a part of the further admission procedure and they will make a move to the final stage of the admission process that comprises document verification and fee payment.
- Fee payment and document verification is a mandatory step for confirmation of PKU admission procedure.
- Thus, the final admission of the candidates who are successful in getting admission is based on the merit of the qualifying exam, university-level document verification and fee payment.
P.K. University PhD Admission Procedure
- Aspirants have to apply online on the website of P.K. University.
- Applicants have to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by PKU.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR/DST/National/State level fellowship /GATE/GPAT/SLET/NET/M.phil are eligible for direct admission and they are exempted from the entrance test.
- Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam for being a part of the further admission process.
- Candidates qualifying the entrance test to have to participate in the university level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission shall be based on the marks obtained in the entrance test, university-level document verification and fee payment.
P.K. University, Shivpuri has an infrastructure that helps in aiding the hassle-free learning experience of the students. The library of the institute has a rich collection of books, journals, magazines, etc that helps the students in gaining knowledge. PKU also provides accommodation to boys and girls and has hostels with all the necessary facilities. The sports facility helps the students to remain fit and active. The university also has well-equipped laboratories for the practical lessons of the students. One can go through the next part of the article in order to know about the PKU facilities in details:
- Library - PKU has a library that helps in inculcating reading habit amongst the students and it has a rich collection of books, magazines, journals, etc. Students can utilize their ideal time in the library by reading books and upgrading their knowledge.
- Laboratories - The university has well-built laboratories that help the students in getting practical knowledge about their classroom teachings.
- Hostel - The university provides accommodation to the students and has separate hostels for boys and girls that have facilities like mess, sports, medical assistance, etc that can be availed by them.
- Sports - P.K. University, Shivpuri encourages its students to take part in various sports in order to maintain their physical fitness and have a healthy body.
Questions related to PK University, Shivpuri
is there girls hostel in campus
Yes, PK University, Shivpuri has hostel facilities for girls at INR 40,000. There are single rooms for girls, and a common room for TV and other indoor games and refreshment. The hostel mess is also clean and hygienic, which provides tasty and healthy food for all the students residing there. Rooms are spacious and comfortable too.
Hope this helps!
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: