Kongu Engineering College (KEC), Erode is an autonomous Institute that was established in the year 1984 by the Kongu Vellalar Institute of Technology Trust. The campus spreads over acres of land. The College offers undergraduate (B.Tech/BE/B.Sc), postgraduate (M.Tech/ME/M.Sc/MBA/MCA) and doctoral (Ph.d) courses in different domains. KEC is affiliated to the Anna University.
Kongu Engineering College is located at Thoppupalayam, Perundurai, Tamil Nadu. Perundurai Railway Station is only 4.5 km away and will take around 10 minutes to reach the College via car. Coimbatore International Airport is 72.6 km away from KEC. Students can take a bus or a cab to reach the Institute.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- KEC is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- KEC is also accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang,Malaysia
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Malaysia
- C-DAC for Collaborative Research and training in high-performance computing
- National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD)
- Group Sharp Tools, Coimbatore
- SAI Sharan Electronics, Pollachi
- Perundurai Common Effluent Treatment Plant
- Pantech Solutions Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- Calidad Motor Works, Chennai
- Sri Gopalakrishna Sago Industries
- Bannari Amman Spinning Mills Ltd
- Ingenious Technologies, Erode
- National Testing Agency (NTA), Noida
- Datalore Labs Pvt Ltd-Mangalore
- DMW, Perundurai
- Padmasoorya Naturopathy and Yoga Foundation
- Techno Tackle Software Solutions, Coimbatore
- ARAM & PVPV Motors Erode Pvt Ltd
- CII-Yi, Erode Chapter
- Skill Park, Erode
- Ariya Hi-Tech Pipe & Component Pvt Ltd, Perunurai
- Sakthi Auto Component Ltd, Tirupur
- Angusam Engineering Company, CBE
- TIDF-MACBRO Technology Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- Live Stream Technologies, CBE
- The Institute of Neurological Sciences-Voluntary Health Service, Chennai
- Education Matters - Chennai
- CloudSEK Info Security Pvt Ltd.
- Fermion Energy & Engineering
- Innoventes Technologies India, Bangalore
- ALFA SWITCHER. Erode
- Ctoan Technologies Pvt Ltd, Delhi
- Infinite Sum Modeling LLC
- Nandha Infotech, Coimbatore
- TRYCAC, Trichy
- Fine Constructions, Erode
- K.P.K.Constructions, Perundurai
- Solaiappan Constructions, Bhavani
- S K Constructions, Perundurai
- CoreEL, Technologies, Bangalore
- Idean2IT, Technologies Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- BSNL, Erode
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Aero Modelling Club: This Club is for the aero enthusiasts and gives training to them on various models of flight, training in RC simulator and real flight mechanisms. Students are trained to become skilled flyers.
- Android Application Development Club
- Citizen Consumer Club
- Cultural Club: KEC has a cultural club that organises various events like dance, yoga, music, etc. Students can participate in various competitions organised by the Club.
- Legal Literacy Club
- Photography Club: This Club is for students who love to capture moments for memories with their photography skills.
- Radio Control (RC) Club
- Ravi Varma Creative Club: This Club is for the students of Kongu Engineering College who have creative minds and want to showcase their talents in creativity.
- Red Ribbon Club: This Club supports people living with HIV/AIDS and helps them to identify their ray of hope.
- Robotics Club: In this club students can enhance their skills in the field of automation. They can also learn and build their own automation systems.
- Rotaract Club: This is a Rotaract Club of the College that helps students in self-development and self-service through fellowship.
- Self Development Cell
- Tamil Mandram: This Club is for students who want to get involved in the honour of this perennial language (Tamil) and its literature.
- National Service Scheme (NSS): It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): NCC encourages the cadets (boys and girls) to join the defence forces and to be the disciplined citizen of the country.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 18 Feb 2021 and the score is 3.13 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Kongu Engineering College (KEC), Erode offers admission to undergraduate (B.Tech/BE/B.Sc), postgraduate (M.Tech/ME/M.Sc/MBA/MCA) and doctoral (Ph.d) courses . Admission to B.Tech courses is offered by KEC Erode on the basis of TNEA Counselling conducted by Anna University. M.Tech, MBA and MCA are offered by Kongu Engineering College (KEC), Erode on the basis of Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) conducted by Anna University. Valid GATE scores are also accepted by KEC Erode for admission to M.Tech course. Merit-based admission is offered by Kongu Engineering College, Erode for admission to B.SC and M.Sc courses. The detailed admission procedure of all the courses of KEC Erode are given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Tech/BE/B.Sc):
- For B.Tech/BE, admissions will be done through a single-window system of Anna University.
- The candidates should qualify the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) conducted by the Anna University, then the shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling.
- The candidates have to report in the allotted colleges and submit the fees and complete the admission formalities.
- The candidates will have to get their documents verified in the respective colleges and then pay the admission fees.
- For B.Sc, admission will be based on the merit in the qualifying examination.
For Postgraduate programmes (M.Tech/ME/M.Sc/MBA/MCA):
- For M.Tech, ME, MBA, MCA, the candidates who have appeared for TANCET/GATE can apply for admission.
- Admissions will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the TANCET/GATE exam.
- For M.Sc, admission will be based on the merit in the qualifying examination.
For Doctoral Courses (Ph.D):
- The candidates have to fill the online application form.
- Eligible candidates have to appear for written test and interview conducted by Anna University.
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of performance in written test and interview.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Kongu Engineering College has a library with a collection of books, hostels for boys and girls, sports facilities, guest house, canteen, dispensary for medical help and transport facilities, etc for the students and staff. Other facilities like book shops, post office, banking, ATM, internet, etc are also available for them.
- Library: The Library has a mixed collection of both print and electronic format, which include books, journals, databases, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, etc.
- Hostel: The Institute has separate hostels for both boys and girls. Wi-Fi and LAN facilities are also provided to the hostel students.
- Sports: KEC provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Guest House: The Institute has guest house facilities inside the college premises for the guests visiting the College for any lectures, meetings or conferences.
- Canteen: Canteen is available at the College premises that serves food to the students and faculty at a reasonable price.
- Dispensary: Kongu Engineering College has dispensary at the College for any kind of first aid or medical help for the students and staff. Ambulance is available for any emergency cases.
- Transport: KEC provides transport facilities to the local students and faculty to travel between the city and the College.
Great learning experinence at Kongu Engineering College
Last Seen: 27 May' 20
Joined On: 27 May' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
- B.Tech Information Technology
I feel very proffesional to study here.
Best campus life in my life days.
Questions related to Kongu Engineering College, Erode
cut off required for kongu engineering college
As according to the question and the previous data the cutoff follow:
Cutoff 2019 (Round One):
Electrical And Electronics Engineering 8341
Electronics And Communication Engineering 9789
Fashion And Apparel Design 9667
Information Technology 9675
COURSE CATEGORY MARKS ROUND
Master of Computer Application [MCA] General 36 1
Master of Computer Application [MCA] General 25 1
Master of Computer Application [MCA] Schedule Caste 34 1
Master of Computer Application [MCA] MBC 17 1
Master of Computer Application [MCA] Other Backward Class 23 1
Follow the link below for more information:
Is kongu engineering college in erode is good college?Is chemical engineering is good in that college nice?Is it easy to get seat in that college for average students??
Kongu Engineering College is one of the top engineering colleges in India. It is also one of the top private colleges in India. You can every details admission procedures, placements and eligibility criteria to do a course in B.Tech Chemical engineering in Kongu Engineering College using the below link
It is not very easy to get admission in Kongu. If you have a good cut-off score you will get the seats or else you can get admission using management quota. Keep your hopes high.
I believe it helps.
do students from different states come to kongu engineering college ,erode ? are the classes in ENGLISH ? is it necessary to know Tamil?
see it always helpful if you know local languages when you are in another state, however b.tech courses are taught in English only and it will not be problem for you if your English specking skills is good.
are mobiles phone allowed in girls hostel at kongu engineering college ? what if you are from a distant place ? how to contact your parents ?
As mentioned in their website, possession and use of mobile phone is prohibited inside the campus and also in the bus. So you are not allowed to use mobile phones in or during class. But mobiles phones are the basic requirement for every person so you can use it in hostel. Though you should take permission from the warden.
how to select in sports quota
Some of the entrance EXAMINATION has reserved seats for SPORTS QUOTA.You can claim admission through sports quota if you have valid sports certificate of respective game in which you are interested.Certificate must be certified from recognized sports academy.DU,JNU offers seats to Candidate through sports quota..
Ask if any query
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 18 Feb 2021 ; CGPA : 3.13