Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam was established in the year 2015 under the mentorship of NIT Calicut. The institution is amongst the twenty new IIITs that have been proposed by the Government of India, across the country and its infrastructure development funding is implemented on PPP (public-private partnership) mode in the ratio of 50 : 35: 15 from the Central Government, State government and Private Partners. IIIT Kottayam offers an undergraduate programme to the students.
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam is located at Valavoor-Chakkampuzha Rd, Valavoor, in Kerala. Kuruppanthara is around 22 km away from the institute. Cochin International Airport is approx 68 km away from the campus. Arunapuram Bus Waiting Station is around 9 km away from the institution. Students can hire a cab or take an auto-rickshaw to reach there.
The institute has the following collaborations
- Government of India,
- Government of Kerala,
- Technical University Munich Germany
- Technische Universität München, TUM, Germany
- BMWFW, Austria
- Volkswagen Foundation, Germany
- Technology, Kakkor P.O, Piravom, Ernakulam
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- Beta Club: This is the Coding Club of the institute that encourages students to take part in the research world and updated with the contemporary works of research and technology.
- Cultural Club: This Club organises cultural programmes and functions for the students.
- Sports Club: This Club organises various sports activities in IIIT Kottayam and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Trendles Club: This is the Social Club of the institute that organises various events and activities that boosts the confidence of the students and helps in personality development.
Exams and Cutoffs
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam offers undergraduate course in the field of engineering to the students. Admission is offered on the basis of JEE Main and further candidates have to register with JoSAA for the counselling process. IIIT Kottayam admission process is given below in details.
- Aspiring candidates have to apply and appear for JEE Main.
- Admission will be based on the rank secured by the candidate in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
- Candidates have to register with JoSAA for the counselling process for choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates need to select IIIT Kottayam while doing the choice locking in the counselling process of JoSAA.
- Final selection will be done on the basis of marks secured in JEE Main, participation in the counselling process, choice filling, choice locking, document verification, and fee payment.
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam has adequate infrastructure like hostel, library, labs, etc. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, gymnasium, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation. These facilities and infrastructure helps the students to get a wonderful learning experience throughout the years of their college.
- Hostel: The institute has rented buildings which is used as hostels. It has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
- Central Computing Facility: This centre meets the central computing requirements of the students, teachers and the staff.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with latest technologies and equipment.
- Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
- Medical Centre: The medical centre is well equipped and caters to the medical needs of the students, staff and faculty.
- Library: The institution library has all kinds of text and reference books. Students can avail the facility of digital library.
Questions related to IIIT Kottayam
Top 10 IIITS for CSE? Which is better IIIT Kottayam or CUSAT for CSE? Is it worth snubbing any of the top 10 IIITS for IIIT Kottayam or CUSAT?
IIIT Hyderabad is widely known for the CSE branch there. There are more placements for CSE in IIIT Hyderabad. The list is then followed by IIIT Allahabad, Delhi, Bangalore, IIITDM Kancheepuram, IIIT Jabalpur etc. IIIT Hyderabad and Allahabad are currently the best institutions in India are the best colleges for CSE. IIIT Kottayam is also one of the top colleges for CSE. Among the new IIITs, IIIT Kottayam stands top in terms of placement record.
Do IIIT Kottayam have its own permanent campus? If yes, please provide some Campus details such as Hostel, Playground, Labs and Placements.
Yes it has its own permanent campus.
let me take you to some quick facts about tis college
1.It was established in the year 2015
2. its is a co-ed college
3. size of the campus is 53 acres
You will all the required details at one place by using this link https://www.careers360.com/university/indian-institute-of-information-technology-kottayam
HOPE IT HELPS!!
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: