|31 Jan, 2022||Form Submission| Mode: online|
- Mode: Part time
- Duration: 4 Years
IIM Trichy's Executive Doctoral Programme in Management (EDPM) is a non-residential doctoral programme designed for senior executives from various sectors who would like to carry out serious academic research in the field of management without compromising on their ongoing professional pursuits.
What will they do after EDPM
- As full time executives, employ their training to bring rigour to organizational decision making
Approach organizational issues with a researcher’s robustness and a practitioner’s nimbleness.
Collaborate with full time researchers to create new knowledge
Teach occasionally at business schools while continuing their professional careers
Shift to classroom teaching after a successful corporate career
1. Programme duration:
Students are expected to complete the programme within four years. However, the maximum duration by which a student is expected to complete the graduating requirements of the programme is five years.
2. Credits requirements:
Students enrolled in the EDPM programme are required to undergo four terms (six months each) of rigorous coursework of 36 credits. Students are required to complete a total of 18 credits in the first year and remaining 18 credits in the second year.
3. Campus visits:
The EDPM programme involves eight campus visits (two visits in each term) in 24 months of coursework. Each campus visit will be a 5-day visit.
4. EDPM stages:
The EDPM is broadly divided into five stages including course and research work. In first 2 stages, the student is required to undertake rigorous coursework in her/his area of specialization as well as in other relevant areas of business management. Various stages of the EDPM are as follows
- First year coursework (Term I – II)
- Second year coursework (Term III – IV)
- Comprehensive qualifying examination (CQE)
- Submission and defense of research proposal
- Final submission and defense of dissertation
5. Functional areas
- Economics and Public Policy
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems and Analytics
- Operations Management & Decision Sciences
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
- Interest in applied research
- Full time working executives
- Minimum full time professional work experience of 10 years
- Exposure to management education through area specific qualifications / certifications / degrees.
- First class (or equivalent) in graduation and post-graduation if any.