Browse by Degree
Exams and Cutoffs
- Candidates have to fill an application form and send it to Anna University.
- Further, the applicants have to participate in Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) counselling for choice filling and seat allotment.
- Final admission will be based on the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for GATE exam.
- Based on the GATE score, candidates have to register and apply online on the website of Anna University.
- Admission is based on valid GATE scores.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test.
- Admission is offered by the Government of Tamil Nadu through TANCET (Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test) administered by Anna University.
Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore has adequate infrastructure like hostel, library, etc. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, canteen, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation. CIET also provides bus facility to the students to make their traveling more convenient.
- Library: The institution library has all kinds of text and reference books. Students can avail the facility of digital library.
- Fitness Centre: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
- Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc.
- Computer Centre: The institute has a computing centre to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty.
- Transportation: The institute provides bus services to the students, staff and faculty for their transportation from different parts of the city.
- Cafeteria: The institute has a cafeteria that provides nutritious and tasty snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Questions related to Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore
placement ratio of your college and facility
The Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology is situated in the state of Tamil Nadu and the placements here, according to the alumni, are a bit on the lower side. The placement opportunities are better fro CSE students with around an 80% placement rate and companies like Infosys, Bosch, IDBI Life Insurance and a few more providing jobs to students.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council