About OJEE 2020
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination popularly known as OJEE is conducted by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB) for admission to Undergraduate courses in Pharmacy, integrated MBA, B.Tech, B.Arch, lateral admission to second year Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy/MCA as well as Masters Degree courses in Computer Application (MCA), Business Administration (MBA) and M.Tech/M Pharm/M.Arch/M.Plan/M Arch (Exe) programmes offered by the University, Government Colleges and Self-Financed Institutes in Odisha. Admission for B.Tech and B.Arch courses in government and private Engineering Colleges in the state will be done based on JEE Main rank. B.Tech seats which remain vacant after first phase counselling will be filled through a special OJEE exam. The authorities have opened the exam centre change facility from August 13 to 16. Some new exam centres are also added. Application forms for special OJEE was reopened from July 8 to 31, which was available earlier from May 12 till June 30. The authorities had provided OJEE 2020 application form correction facility for special exam from July 3 to 7. Special OJEE exam date for B.Tech will be announced soon. Candidates are offered admission to various courses based on their Odisha Joint Entrance Examination rank as well as total number of seats. The application form for OJEE 2020 was released on February 6 and the end date to fill the form was June 7. OJEE 2020 online exam date will be notified soon.
OJEE 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination|
|Short Exam Name||OJEE|
|Conducting Body||Odisha Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1000 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|OJEE B.Pharma - Duration||3 Hours +3 More|
OJEE MBA Counselling 2020 - OJEE Committee will begin OJEE MBA...
OJEE 2020 Important Dates
OJEE M.Tech (Session 2020)
Past Dates and Events
08 Jul, 2020 - 05 Aug, 2020
Last date to pay application fee during application reopen | Mode: Online
08 Jul, 2020 - 31 Jul, 2020
Application - Reopen | Mode: Online
08 Jun, 2020 - 12 Jun, 2020
Application Correction | Mode: Online
06 Feb, 2020 - 07 Jun, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
OJEE M.B.A (Session 2020)
Past Dates and Events
09 Jul, 2020 - 05 Aug, 2020
Opening of fee payment window | Mode: Offline and Online
09 Jul, 2020 - 31 Jul, 2020
Application - Window Reopen | Mode: Online
06 Feb, 2020 - 10 Jun, 2020
Last date for fee payment | Mode: Offline and Online
06 Feb, 2020 - 10 Jun, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
OJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
OJEE B.Pharma Eligibility Criteria
• Candidates must have passed or appearing Class 12 from Science stream with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the subjects - Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical vocational.
• Passed individual subjects and have obtained 45 % (40 % for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate.
• The examination authority has not prescribed any age limit.
OJEE M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
• Applicants must have passed or appearing in Bachelors/Masters degree in B.Tech/M.Sc.
• Qualifying percentage is 50 % (45 % for SC/ST)
• No age limit for OJEE M.Tech programme.
The eligibility criteria of OJEE MBA 2020 are as follows:
• To be eligible for OJEE MBA, candidates must be a graduate
• Applicants must have passed or appeared in Bachelors degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy with at least 50% (45 % in case of SC/ST category candidates)
• No age limit prescribed for admission to MBA course
OJEE M.C.A. Eligibility Criteria
• Must have passed or appearing in Bachelors degree in any discipline from university of Odisha or any other university.
• Had mathematics at class 12 or graduation
• Business Mathematics will not be considered
• Obtained at least 50 % (45 % for candidates belonging to SC/ST category)
• Candidates who have passed BCA/B.SC (IT/CS/IST/ITM) with Mathematics as subject then they can appear in the entrance test without the same at Class 12.
• No age limit has been prescribed
OJEE 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Other
Aspirants planning to appear for OJEE 2020 were able to fill the application form online till July 31, however, payment of application fee can be done till August 5. Candidates had to choose the option - ‘Odisha Joint Entrance Examination’ to fill the application form. After clicking on ‘Application Form for OJEE 2020’, six links appeared on the screen – A, B, C, D, E and F as per the courses. The cost of application varies as per the forms. Cost of forms A, B, C, D, F is Rs.1000 while it is Rs. 1500 for form E. Fee can be remitted through credit/debit card and SBI e- challan. The detailed procedure to fill OJEE Application Form 2020 is explained below.
Procedure to apply
• Applicants had to register for the exam by providing the required details.
• On submission of details, candidates received a registration number.
• Fill the other details in the application form after registration
• Upload photograph, signature and left thumb impression
• Pay the examination fees
• Check the entries carefully as the examination authority will not entertain any changes after the final submission of application form.
• Take the printout of the confirmation page after the final submission of OJEE application form.
Documents to preserve after final submission
• Printout of confirmation page
• Proof of fee payment
Candidates can check their OJEE 2020 application status by entering registration number/application number and password.
|ST, SC, General, OBC||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 1000|
OJEE 2020 Syllabus
OJEE B.Pharma Syllabus
Measurements and motion
Heat and thermodynamics
Characteristics of materials
Electricity and magnetism
Relativity and nuclear physics
Atoms and molecules
Structure of atoms and molecules
Types of chemical reaction
Metals and metallurgy
Introductory of organic chemistry
Chemistry in the service of mankind
Algebra of sets
Determinants and matrices
Co-ordinate geometry of two dimensions
Coordinate geometry of three dimensions
Sequence and series
Probability and Statistics
Diversity of plant life
Morphology of angiosperms
Taxonomy of flowering plants
Cell - Structure and function
Continuity of life
Recombinant DNA and tissue culture technique
Complexities of plant life
Processes in plants
Common plant diseases
Diversity of animal life
Control and co-ordination
Human endocrine system
Animal reproduction and human development
Biology in human welfare
Modern techniques in diseases diagnosis
OJEE M.Tech Syllabus
Analytical and logical reasoning
Ordinary differential equations
Process calculations and thermodynamics
Fluid mechanics and mechanical operations
Chemical reaction engineering
Instrumentation and process control
Plant design and economics
Water resource engineering
Fluid mechanics and hydraulics
Muncipal solid wastes
Computer science / Information technology
Computer organization and architecture
Programming and data structures
Theory of computation
Electric circuits and fields
Signals and systems
Electrical and electronic measurements
Analog and digital electronics
Power electronics and drives
Applied mechanics and design
Strength of materials
Theory of machines
Fluid mechanics and thermal sciences
Manufacturing and industrial engineering
Machining and machine tool operations
Metrology and inspection
Computer integrated manufacturing
Production planning and control
Thermodynamics and rate processes
Yarn manufacture and yarn structure and properties
Fabric manufacture and fabric structure
Signals, systems and communications
Molecular biology and genetics
Plant and animal biotechnology
Characteristics of animal cells
Recombinant DNA technology
Introduction and overview of urban and rural water supply system
Hydraulic design of gravity sewerage system
Biomedical waste management
Theory of machines and design
Machining and machine tool operations
Metrology and inspection
Polymers and composites
Product design and development
Engineering economy and costing
Work system design
Production planning and inventory control
Reliability and maintenance
Management information system
Intellectual property system
OJEE M.B.A Syllabus
Computer and business fundamentals
OJEE M.C.A. Syllabus
|Different methods of proof|
|Principle of mathematical induction|
Algebra of sets
|Cartesian product of sets|
|Relation and functions|
|Kinds of functions and their domain and range|
|Inverse of a function|
|Algebraic and order properties of real numbers|
|Rational and irrational numbers of real numbers|
|Inequalities simple cases|
|Algebra of complex numbers|
|Conjugate and square root of a complex number|
|Cube roots of unity|
|De moivre’s theorem with simple application|
|Permutations and combinations|
|Binomial theorem for positive integral index|
|Identities involving binomial co efficients|
Determinants and matrices
|Determinants of third order|
|Minors and cofactors|
|Properties of determinants|
|Matrices upto third order|
|Types of matrices|
|Algebra of matrix|
|Adjoint and inverse of matrix|
|Application of determinants and matrices to the solution of linear equations|
|Multiple and submultiple angles|
|Solution of trigonometric equations|
|Properties of triangles|
|Inverse circular function|
|Sum and product of sine and cosine functions|
OJEE 2020 Preparation Tips
• Candidates must purchase good study material
• Make effective study plan
• Aspirants must focus on working on the weak areas
• Practice previous years question papers to increase speed and accuracy
• Revise properly for the exam
OJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
OJEE B.Pharma Exam Pattern
• There will be 180 questions as per OJEE B.Pharm exam pattern
• Only one test booklet will be provided to candidates.
• The duration of the exam is 3 hours
• Candidates can either appear for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology.
• There will be 45 questions each in Physics and Chemistry.
• Biology or Mathematics will have 45 questions each.
• Ranking will be done based on the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
• Candidates also choose to appear in all subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
• All subjects will have 45 questions each.
• Ranking will be done on the basis of higher marks of either Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
• Evaluation will be done for total 135 questions
OJEE M.Tech Exam Pattern
• According to OJEE exam pattern, the duration of the test is 2 hours
• There will be 90 objective type multiple choice questions.
• The entrance exam was conducted for 2 hours.
• Total 60 questions in the test will be branch related while 20 will be asked from Engineering Mathematics and 10 from Arithmetic and Logical Reasoning.
OJEE MBA 2020 entrance test assesses a candidate’s knowledge regarding Verbal Ability, Analytical Reasoning, General Knowledge, Comprehension and Computer and Business Fundamentals. There will be a total of 120 questions which have to be answered within 2 hours. The structure of OJEE MBA 2020 exam pattern is given below.
Number of questions
|General Knowledge|| |
|Computer and Business fundamentals|| |
OJEE M.C.A. Exam Pattern
• The question booklet of OJEE MCA carries total 120 questions.
• There will be 60 questions each from Mathematics and General Awareness
• Total duration of exam is 2 hours.
OJEE 2020 Admit Card
OJEE Admit Card will be released in online mode for which the revised date will be notified. Earlier it was supposed to release on April 20. Candidates will be required to download two copies of OJEE 2020 admit card. To download the admit card, candidates will have to enter the required credentials. The admit card will carry information related to the candidate’s name, paper, date of birth, gender, test centre name category etc. In case there is any error in OJEE admit card, candidates should contact the officials immediately after taking a printout of the same. Candidates have to submit one copy of admit card duly signed by the invigilator. The other one should be retained by the candidates till completion of the admission process.
OJEE 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Two copies of admit card
OJEE 2020 Answer Key
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination 2020 answer key will be released by the examination authority in May. OJEE answer key will be released for all set of question booklet. OJEE answer key will be available in PDF format. Using the answer key, candidates will be able to check correct answers to the questions asked in the exam and calculate their probable score.
OJEE 2020 Result
OJEE 2020 result will be announced in online mode. OJEE result will be available online in the form of scores and ranks. To download the rank card, candidates have to enter their roll number, date of birth, verification code and security pin. A separate merit list is prepared for each paper. OJEE result will display the name of the candidate, roll number, marks obtained in each subject, rank and aggregate marks. Candidates who wish to know their subject-wise marks should write to the OJEE officials along with demand draft of Rs 400. This should reach the office within 10 days from the date of publication of OJEE result 2020. Candidates can also request for re-totalling/re-addition of by paying Rs 500 through demand draft with 7 days from the date of announcement of result.
OJEE 2020 Cutoff
OJEE cutoff 2020 will be released by the participating institutes. Odisha Joint Entrance Examination cutoff will be available in form of closing and opening rank. Besides, the examination authority has prescribed course-wise marks criteria for admission to the different programmes.
OJEE 2020 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Online
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Counselling is carried out based on OJEE rank and score. While, candidates for B.Tech and B.Arch courses are called for counselling based on their JEE Main Rank. Besides, candidates with CAT, MAT, XAT, ATMA, NIMCET, GATE, GPAT scores are eligible for admission through counselling of OJEE. The counselling schedule will be announced in the second week of June, 2020. OJEE counselling 2020 will be held online for different courses on different dates. The counselling procedure of OJEE 2020 is explained below.
Step 1: Registration
• Click on ‘New Registration’ to register for counselling
• Read the agreement and click on ‘I Agree’ button to proceed further.
• Select the appropriate course, roll number and date of birth.
• Click on ‘Submit’ to proceed
• The data provided by candidates during application will be pre-filled. Candidates have to enter the fields like address, mobile number, bank details etc.
• Enter password of 8-13 characters.
• Verify the details of registration and make changes if any.
• Click ‘Print details’ to take printout of the registration slip.
Step 2: Paying the Counselling Fees
• Deposit the counselling registration fee online.
• The registration fee for counselling is Rs 450.
Step 3: Choice Filling
• Click on ‘Fill Choice’ button to enter your choice of colleges.
• The list of colleges and their branches will appear on the screen in alphabetical manner.
• The computer screen will also display the choices filled in by the candidates.
• Candidates can add choices of colleges and branches by add multiple button and add button.
• Arrange the filled in choices as per the preferences of college/ branch.
• Select as many Institutions and branches on priority basis
Step 4: Mock Result
• After choice filling, mock result will be published.
• Candidates can know their allotment status on particular date as per choice filled by them.
• Candidates can change their choice as per preferences.
• Candidates can add more choice if they do not get allotted in order to ensure allotment as per his/her rank during first round of allotment.
Step 5: Choice Locking
• The choice locking facility will be activated after mock result.
• Make sure that the choices entered are correct
• Click on ‘Lock’ button if you are satisfied with the choices
• An OTP will be sent to candidate’s registered mobile number.
• They are required to lock their choices through OTP
• Enter the number in the required space and submit
• Candidate’s choices given will be locked
• Take printout of the locked choice
• This is one-time facility. Once the choices are locked it cannot be changed
Step 5: 1st round of Seat Allotment
• Allotment of seats will be based on rank, choice and category/reservation of the candidates.
• Candidates can check their seat allotment status online
• Candidates not allotted seat in this round have to wait for next round allotment for any upgraded allotment
Step 6: Payment of Admission Fees
• All allotted candidates have to the requisite admission fees.
• Fees for SC, ST or PC candidates is RS 5000 while it is RS 10,000 for General candidates.
• Fees can be paid by online or challan.
• Candidates not paying their admission fees are not allowed for document verification
• Seat allotted to cancelled.
Step 7: Document verification
Candidates have to report at the assigned nodal centre for document verification with original and self-attested photocopy of necessary documents. They are also required to carry registration slip for verification.
Step 8: 2nd round Seat Allotment
• In second round of allotment, candidates can check their status.
• There will be either upgradation of choices or it will remain same as previous allotment depending on choice number, rank and availability of seat.
• Unallotted candidates of first round may get allotment in this round
• Candidates allotted seat in the second round have to report for document verification
• Except those who have withdrawn their seats are considered as In process candidates and are eligible to appear for final allotment
Step 9: Final Allotment
• Candidates previously allotted seats will get final allotment along with newly allotted candidates
• Finally allotted candidates who have completed their document verification can download their final allotment letter
• Newly allotted candidates have to undergo the process of document verification and pay admission fees
• All allotted candidates have to report to the colleges as per the schedule and time along with the final allotment letter and the fee deposit slip
Documents Required at Counselling
- Odisha JEE (OJEE) rank card
- Registration slip
- Photocopy of H.S.C. mark sheet
- Photocopy of 10+2 pass certificate and mark sheet
- Photocopy of school leaving/ college leaving certificate
- Original certificate from the head of the institution last attended
- Original ‘permanent resident of Odisha’ certificate/nativity certificate from concerned tahasildar
- Original certificate of employment of candidate’s parent/spouse employer: govt. of Odisha/govt. of India/govt. of India undertakings and/govt. of Odisha undertakings located in Odisha at the time of application
- Original SC/ ST certificate by birth
- Original certificate of ex-serviceman
- Original certificate in support of outlying Oriya speaking tract (OL) and certificate issued by OJEE with respect to Oriya test conducted by OJEE
- Original relevant managerial/ supervisory experience certificate of minimum five years, for candidates seeking admission to PGDM (executive) programme. The candidate has to submit a no objection certificate from the present employer
- JEE Main rank card
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Can a candidate fill more than one application?
As per the latest update, candidates could fill and submit only one application form.
Question: How many sections will be there in OJEE MBA 2020 question paper?
There will be a total four sections, according to the exam pattern of OJEE MBA 2020. The sections are Quantitative Techniques, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, General Awareness and Business Fundamentals and Verbal Reasoning and Comprehension.
Question: What will be the medium of OJEE MBA 2020?
OJEE MBA 2020 will be conducted in English.
Question: How can a candidate check section-wise marks secured?
All candidates who wish to know their subject-wise marks have to make a written request and enclose a demand draft of Rs. 400 in favour of “OJEE-2020” drawn on any Nationalised Bank at Bhubaneswar. The request should reach the office within 10 days of result publication.
Question: What if a candidate fails to take print out of OJEE 2020 admit card?
If any candidate fails to take the print out of OJEE admit card 2020, then he or she must contact OJEE 2020 office immediately.
Questions related to OJEE
What to do if we are not able to give ojee? And can we get addmission in top colleges of odisha via jee mains if we havent given ojee exam?
Yes, you can get admission in top engineering colleges by giving JEE Main Exam. But, most of the government engineering colleges take admission through OJEE only. Only 3 government engineering colleges take admission through JEE Main. But, you have a good range of private colleges to take admission through JEE Main.
Refer here to get list of Government Engineering Colleges in Odisha Accepting JEE Main - https://engineering.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-government-engineering-colleges-in-odisha-accepting-jee-main
Feel free to ask doubts in the Comment Section.
I hope this information helps you.
if ojee only provides lateral entry for btech then can anyone tell me what does the "APPLICATION FORM F" provides us in its official website "ojee.nic.in"...? please help very urgent
The Application Form B is for lateral entry for BTech and BPharma programmes. So if you are concerned with taking admission in lateral entry scheme you should go for it. The form F is labelled for special entry scheme of BTech. Other than that, there is no specific information as to who it is intended for.
What is special ojee and can we really get btech addmission for 1st year or only lateral entry is provided through ojee ? please do give me the latest infromation
Dear Raj ,
Odisha Joint Entrance Exam is a state level entrance exam and as per guide line of OJEE 2020-2021 academic session they are only provides lateral entry admission and you will not get admission in Btech 1st year because in lateral entry aspirants are directly join in 2nd year of btech and this information is updated by the OJEE .
For update information you can go through the OJEE E-counselling official website or go through the below mentioned link .
I hope it will helpful
Does ojee give addmission to students for addmission in 1st year btech or only lateral entry is available?
OJEEis conducted for Lateral Entry admission into B.Tech, MCA/Lateral Entry MCA courses. Previously, OJEE 2020 was scheduled to be conducted on May 2, 2020.
But due to the ongoing pandemic the exam has been postponed. Also, this year special ojee will not be conducted so there will another examonation to fill the vacant seats.
For more info click on this link-
I surfed net and got an information that OJEE gives lateral entry to colleges , is it a correct information ?
Yes you have searched right. OJEE along with giving admissioms for B Pharm , BTech etc. also gives admission for lateral entry.
It gives admission into 2nd year of BTech and B Pharm for lateral entry. It is a pen paper based exam in Orissa state.
For more details you can refer to
Hope my answer helps you