About Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM) is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It is dedicated to scientific research and science education of international standards. It is an institute of national importance. Each IISER is a degree-granting autonomous institute. IISER Thiruvananthapuram has four schools under its umbrella: School of Biology, School of Chemistry, School of Mathematics and School of Physics. IISER-TVM offers BS-MS Dual Degree, Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D programmes.
IISER-TVM is located at Maruthamala PO, Vithura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Trivandrum Domestic Airport is the closest airport to the institute, located 49.8 km away. Nearest railway station to the institute is Balaramapuram Railway Station, located 41.8 km away and the nearest bus station is KSRTC Bus Stand, located 6.8 km away.
IISER-TVM has collaborated/signed MOU with the following institutions:
- Osaka University
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Anvesha- It is the Science Club of the institute. This Club aims to enhance the science knowledge of its members through various events like quizzes, discussions, debates etc. Some of the activities organised by this club are Anvesha science festival, National Science Day celebration, international girls and women in science day celebrations, school outreach activities by students, popular science talks by eminent scientists and speakers.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Highlights
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Courses & Fees
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Admissions 2021
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Admission Procedure:-
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram admissions to BS-MS Dual degree programmes are offered based on KVPY/JEE/State and Central Boards and to Ph.D programmes based on academics, qualification in National Level Eligibility Tests or Fellowships, written Test and/or personal interview. The college also offers admissions to integrated Ph.D programmes based on past academics record, written test/JEST score and performance in personal interview. Admissions to the college will be offered after document verification and fees payment. Detailed description about the IISER Thiruvananthapuram admission procedure is mentioned below.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Admission Procedure for BS-MS Integrated programme-
- Admission will be offered through 3 channels: KVPY/JEE/State and Central Boards.
- Candidates applying through KVPY channel need to have KVPY fellowship and candidates applying through JEE channel need to have JEE Advanced rank below 10,000.
- Then, candidates have to apply for admission online on the IISER Admission website (www.iiseradmission.in).
- Candidates applying through State and Central Boards channel have to appear for IISER Aptitude Test (IAT).
- IISER TVM admissions will be offered through IISER Counselling based on KVPY fellowship/JEE Advanced rank/IISER Aptitude Test marks.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Admission Procedure for Ph.D programmes-
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website for IISER Thiruvananthapuram admissions.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done by the institute based on their academic records and qualification in National Level Eligibility Tests or Fellowships.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for Written Test and/or Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be done based on performance in past academics, qualification in National Level Eligibility Tests or Fellowships, Written Test and/or Personal Interview.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Admission Procedure for Integrated Ph.D programmes-
- Candidates have to apply for admission online on IISER Thiruvananthapuram website.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on their past academics record.
- Shortlisted candidates who have applied for School of Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics have to appear for a Written Test. Shortlisted candidates who have applied for School of Physics have to appear for Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) and obtain a valid score.
- Candidates who are shortlisted from the Written Test/JEST have to appear for a Personal Interview.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram admissions will be done based on past academics record, Written Test/JEST score and performance in Personal Interview.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Placements
Engineering and Architecture (Dual Degree)
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Exams and Cutoffs
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Student Reviews
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Facilities
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram offers certain facilities to the students and faculty of the college including central library, medical, sports, transport, co-operative store, hostels, central instrumentation facilities etc. For more information on all the facilities offered by the institute, students can read the following points written below.
- Central Library- The central library of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram has books, monographs, conference proceedings etc. in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Computer Science and other interdisciplinary areas. It also has access to thousands of e-text books, lecture note series, encyclopedias, audio books, online journals, e-journals, CDs and DVDs. There is also a digital library of theses and dissertations.
- Health Centre- There is a fully-fledged health centre in the institute which is assigned with 3 doctors, 3 nurses and 3 nursing assistants. Two ambulances are there for emergency cases. Medical and nursing facility are provided 24X7. The institute also has tie-ups with major hospitals. Nebulisation & Suction Apparatus , Diathermy and Oxygen Concentrators, ECG, Defibrillator, Infusion Pump , Patient Monitor, Pulse Oximeters, vaporizers , Glucometers and other equipment are available.
- Sports- The institute provides facilities for indoor and outdoor sports. Outdoor sports facilities include cricket, football, basketball, athletics. Indoor sports facilities include volleyball, badminton, table tennis. There is a fully fledged indoor stadium in the institute campus.
- Transport- Transport facilities are provided by Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram through its own fleet of buses to nearby bus depots, railway station, market and nearby towns.
- Co-operative store- A co-operative store is situated in the campus which caters to the daily and general needs of the institute community. It provides stationery items and other items of daily use.
- Hostels- IISER Thiruvananthapuram campus is fully residential with hostel blocks for both boys and girls. There are two dining halls in the hostels in addition to the canteens and cafes.
- Central Instrumentation Facilities- The central instrumentation lab has the following equipment: Omicron Nano technology XPS, Bruker Avance III HD 700 MHz Two Bay NMR, Bruker Avance III 500 MHz NMR, Bruker Axs Kappa Apex II ScXRD, Bruker UltrafleXtreme MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer, FEI Tecnai G2 Spirit BioTwin TEM 120 kV, FEI Tecnai G2 F30 S -Twin TEM 300 KV, FEI Nova NANOSEM 450 (with WDS and EDS) etc.
(Rank 47th in Public/Govt.)
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Gallery
Questions related to Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram
I have scored 89 marks in iiser aptitude test and I am from general category can i get iiser tvm ot is my first preference
There is more chances since you get 89 marks. But your chances can be changed if more people have applied for iiser aptitude test, which indirectly decreases your chances to get seat in iiser tvm. Overall you can just wait and watch and we hope for your best.
i have 91 marks in iiser aptitude test 2020. what are my chances of getting iiser tvm or iiser pune. (i am from obc category)
The IISERs do not release any cutoff scores or ranks. But students generally analyse from the answer key and make prediction over the years.
Well according to the previous year trends, you probably can get a seat in IISER TVM(as last year, students who scored 80-85 got IISER TVM) in the first round or second round of allotment depending on the fact if its your 1st/2nd/3rd preference. If IISER Pune(generally, 100+ is required) is your first choice then you may not get get in the first three rounds...you may get other IISERs but can eventually use the float option to get IISER Pune. And you are also from the reserved category(If you belong to the non-creamy layers of OBC), so chances are good. You may also get IISER Mohali(A student scored 85 and got it in last round)and Kolkata(generally 95+ marks is required for general students). The newest IISERs too.
This year the IAT questions were difficult from the other previous year question papers. So, be hopeful that the closing rank may go down. And the seat intake from SCB stream has also increased by 25%. Also, the board cutoffs were relaxed to 60% this year due to the pandemic.
According to me, you will most probably get an IISER of your choice(IISER TVM surely). And you have the float option to get the IISERs of higher preference.
All the best!
what is the expected cutoff to get into iiser thiruvananthapuram for obc ncl student
It depends on which board you belong to, as you have not mentioned, so I will provide with board-wise previous years' cut-off list for IISER for OBC-NCL category candidate -
Central Board Of Sec. Edu. (CBSE), New Delhi - 420
Board Of Intermediate Education (Andhra Pradesh) - 465
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council - 364
Bihar School Examination Board, Patna - 305
Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations, Delhi - 424
These figures might increase or decrease little. Therefore, visit the official website.
For more information please visit -
I got a mark between 50 - 60 in iiser aptitude test . Is there is any to get admission in any of the iiser in India ?
You get to know you are selected or not directly since there is a change in every year's cutoff.In year 2019,People scoring 96 were alloted seat in first round,marks of 86-88 were alotted in second round and 83-85 in 3rd round.So as you can see you have less chances in getting admission in ISER since your marks is very low than the average cutoff every year.
All the best for future!
How much marks needed in IISER test to get into IISER Tvm?
Well, the cut-off marks in 10+2 as eligibility for IISER Admissions 2020 is modified as follows: either 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade for General/ OBC and OBC-NCL categories and 55% for SC/ST/PWD in any boards or the cut-off marks already announced for each of the boards in the admission website, so do check that for more clear picture.
This may help.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: