|15 Feb, 2019||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|15 Sep, 2018||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
The Master in Management Studies (Heritage Management) Programme is a new two years degree programme of its kind in India. It emphasizes on critical understanding of heritage, and holistic management approach to heritage sector. The areas of exploration within the curriculum include diverse range of heritage sectors spanning tangible and intangible, cultural and natural, historic and contemporary/living, and so on, but with a strong emphasis on holistic approach to heritage management. The programme is about processes of understanding and working in heritage sector, and NOT about learning specific heritage as such.
The programme can be pursued by people aspiring to serve various sectors of heritage management in India and abroad, with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in arts, architecture, archaeology, business, commerce, culture, history, museum studies etc. The course demands demonstrated experience or inclination to undertake a profession in heritage management.
The key purpose of the selection process is to ensure that the applicant’s interest and the programme objectives match. High scores in prior academic work may not always guarantee the selection, but an awareness of the broader field of heritage sector and the applicant’s personal inclination towards the sector may make a convincing case. The selection process is based on Ahmedabad University’s holistic review process.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline (with minimum grade/marks as specified in subparagraph below), with a demonstrated an interest in Heritage may apply
- The candidate must hold a recognized Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent CGPA, from validUniversity in India or abroad. In the case of degree obtained prior to 1990, the admission committee may relax the 50% cut off, in lieu of the personal experience of the applicant since graduation.
- The Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent. Again, this may be re-considered by the Admissions committee for applicants who received their Bachelor’s degree prior to 1990.
- In case of the candidates being award ed grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained a bachelor's degree.
- In case a candidate is unable to provide the certificate (as mentioned in above), the equivalence would be established by AMSOM by dividing earned CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the quotient with 100.
- A candidate who has appeared or will have appeared for the final year examination of bachelor's degree by June can also apply