About Sri Sai Ram Institute of Technology, Chennai
The Sri Sai Ram Engineering College (SSREC), Chennai was established in the year 1995 by Sapthagiri Educational Trust. It is approved by AICTE, New Delhi and is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. This is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Institution & Accredited by NBA. The college offers B.E and M.E programmes in engineering and technology. It also offers M.B.A.
Location: The Sri Sai Ram Engineering College (SSREC), Chennai is located at Sairam Campus, Sai Leo Nagar, Tambaram West, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The college is about 13 km away from the Perungalathur Railway Station and about 17 km from the Chennai International Airport. It is about 9 km from the West Tambaram Bus Depot. The college is easily accessible.
Accreditation and Collaborations:
The Sri Sai Ram Engineering College, Chennai is NAAC Accredited 'A+' Grade.
Clubs, Cells and Societies:
- Minority and OBC Cell: The cell provides an environment that supports diversity and respects everyone regardless of colour, religious belief or cultures. It also commits to ensuring the protection of everyone including minorities and acting as per the provisions of the constitution of India.
- SC/ST Cell: The cell resolves all the affairs and problems related to the SC/ST students and faculties.
- Internal Complain Cell: This is a committee of SSRIT for the prevention of sexual harassment at the college. The committee is committed to the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women and takes active steps towards gender sensitization and elimination of sexual harassment.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC): This is an initiative of the National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi. The club aims to develop an institutional mechanism to create an entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster the growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students.
- Anti Ragging Committee: Anti-Ragging Committee of SSRIT ensures compliance with the provisions of the regulations as well as the provisions of the law concerning ragging is in force. It also monitors and oversees the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the institution.
- Robotics and Embedded System: The cell is run in coordination with Yantra (IIT Bombay). e-Yantra is an initiative by IIT- Mumbai to create an eco-system at the colleges to impart effective engineering education and is sponsored by MHRD under the National Mission on Education through ICT programme. The programme encourages students to set up robotics laboratories. This helps in providing an incubation facility for budding engineers to become entrepreneurs.
- Centre for Data Analytics (Dell Emc): This centre of SSRIT provides training on Big Data and Analytics tools. DELL EMC certified trainers handle the classes. The students of IT and CSE get enrolled for this course.
Automobile Club: This club of SSRIT works with vehicles where students design, manufacture and fabricate new vehicles.
Centre for Microsoft Azure (TCS): Microsoft Azure helps the students to develop and deploy applications in the cloud. It also helps to improve the skills of the students and make them more employable in the field of cloud computing.
Centre for Skill Development: The objective of the programme is to strengthen the technical knowledge of the students of SSRIT. This centre ensures that students attain the scope of career in both their core and in the IT industry. The session starts from the very first year of their curriculum and exists until their placement in the final year.
Oracle Academy Centre: Students who wish to master themselves in Java can start their Java programming experience in the Oracle Centre. They can learn how to create animations, games, and applications using fun and engaging tools.
Red Hat Academy: The academy offers Red Hat Certification, which is the world’s most acclaimed IT certifications in its category. By offering these certifications SSRIT prepares the students for the Global IT market. This certification increases the employability of students both in local and global market.
Internet of Things: The Internet of Things (IoT) is aimed at enabling the interconnection and integration of the physical world and the cyberspace. It represents the trend of future networking and leads the third wave of the IT industry revolution.
Centre of Industrial Automation: The centre leads the students and the institute as a whole in a particular area of Automation. It also makes use of the opportunities in the Industrial Automation sector and the higher education department in technical collaboration.
Centre For Firewall Installation & Maintenance (Palo Alto Networks): The centre is to teach students to prevent cyber attacks and safely enable applications using the next-generation Palo Alto Networks® firewall.
Autodesk Design Academy: The Academy provides the opportunity for the student to extend their knowledge to caters the industry needs. Using this centre the students are given advanced training to get equipped with modern and latest needs.
NSS: NSS volunteers conduct a variety of activities, such as orphanage visits, awareness programs and health camps. In addition, the NSS holds annual camps in a rural location, where students assist the residents in the development of their village.
- NCC: NCC Cadet Crop of SSRIT organises and trains youth and provide leadership in all walks of life including the Armed and Navy forces. It also creates a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
- Youth Red Cross: The vision of the Youth Red Cross is to become a leading humanitarian organization serving vulnerable people. The members of the club regularly take part in the various events and promote humanitarian services in society.
- Media Cell: The cell acts as the sole communications between the institute and the external world. It works in close coordination with the Corporate Communications and Media Relations Cell.
The training & placement cell: The cell operates year-round to facilitate contacts between companies & students. Training activities are organized throughout the year in an effort towards preparing the prospective students for the campus selection programmes.
Alumni Association: Alumni association meets once in a year. Alumni who are working in the companies regularly inform the college about the requirement of the companies.
Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
To get admission to B.E and B.Tech engineering courses offered by the Sri Sai Ram Institute of Technology, Chennai. students need to appear for the state level counselling - Tamilnadu Engineering Admission (TNEA), conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu. There is no entrance test for TNEA counselling and the merit list will be prepared based on the candidates score at 12 class, choice filling, choice locking and document verification. Admission to M.E, M.Tech and MBA is based on the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET).
For B.E/B.Tech Programmes:
Students need to register for Tamilnadu Engineering Admission (TNEA), conducted by the Department of Technical Education of Tamil Nadu.
TNEA authority will conduct the counselling based on the ranking in the entrance examination
- During the counselling, they have to give first preference to Sri Sai Ram Institute of Technology, Chennai.
- Final selection will be based on the rank obtained in the written exam and interview score, preferences for colleges, choice locking, document verification and fee payment.
For M.E Programmes:
- Students need to appear for the entrance examination - (TANCET), conducted by Anna University.
- Students can visit the official website of Anna University to register themselves for TANCET.
- Candidates with valid GATE score are eligible for direct admission.
- Counselling is conducted based on the ranking in the entrance examination. In counselling, they have to give first preference to their desired college.
- The merit list will be prepared accordingly the weightage to percentile obtained by the candidate in TANCET, preferences for colleges, choice locking, document verification and fee payment.
For MBA Programmes:
Candidate needs to apply online for the entrance examination - TANCET-MBA, conducted by Anna University.
The candidates with a valid score in any one of the entrance exam-CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT are exempted from the TANCET.
Counselling is conducted based on the ranking in the entrance examination, which includes choice filling and choice locking.
Further, the shortlisted candidates need to report to Sri Sai Ram Institute of Technology, Chennai and complete the admission process which includes document verification and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
I have had great experience !
Last Seen: 22 Jun' 20
Joined On: 17 Jun' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- BE Information Technology
My college experience
Last Seen: 07 May' 17
Joined On: 07 May' 17
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Learned many things and it was a great experience
Best for Studious students
Last Seen: 03 May' 17
Joined On: 03 May' 17
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2014
- BE Information Technology
The Sri Sai Ram Engineering College (SSREC), Chennai has the facility of the library, hostel for the boys and girls, laboratory, canteen and seminar halls. It also has the facilities of transport and stationery shop.
- Library: Library has a vast collection of volumes, which includes textbooks, reference books & Bound volumes of Journals, Standards etc. Library subscribes online journals like IEL online, science direct, ASCE, ASME, McGrawhill Access Engg, EBSCO. The library has an institutional membership with AU, BCL, IIT Madras, DELNET, MALIBNET.
Boys Hostel: The hostel is equipped with all the modern facilities. Amenities such as canteen, mess, fax, phone, Wifi, purified water, banking are available to the students. It also has facilities for reading and recreation.
Girls Hostel: The hostel is equipped with all the modern facilities. Amenities such as canteen, mess, fax, phone, Wifi, purified water, banking are available to the students. It also has facilities for reading and recreation.
Laboratory: The lab has access to the internet through the 15 Mbps connection speed offered by M/S Reliance. The lab enables learning in the areas of Internet Programming, Operating Systems, Microprocessor, Software Engineering and Testing.
Canteen: A full-fledged canteen is functioning within the campus for the convenience of the staff and students.
- Computer Center: Computing facilities are provided with the latest configuration and an Internet connection for the use of students and staff of the college.
- Seminar Hall: The seven halls are equipped with the latest teaching aids like LCD projector, slide projector and overhead projector. The hall is used for conducting guest lectures Symposiums, seminars, etc.
- Stationery Shop: Stationery, photocopy and STD facility is provided within the campus for the benefit of the students and staff.
Medical Facilities: The Institute has a medical unit-cum-hospital facility.
- Sports: The college has indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Indoor games like carrom, table tennis, chess are available in the hostel. The college has a well-furnished football field and cricket fields. It also has a hockey field, handball, volleyball and badminton court.
- GYM: The college has well-equipped gym facilities for the healthy lifestyle of the students.
- Transport: The college owns a fleet of 160 buses and these buses operate along nearly 139 routes in and around Chennai.
- Internet facility: Students can access the internet (24 x 7) by either wired or wireless.
This College is accredited by NAAC A+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 25 Sep 2023 and the score is 3.3 .
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 25 Sep 2023 ; CGPA : 3.3