- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Electrical Engineering is a three-year full-time undergraduate Lateral Entry course and it is offered by Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla.
For admission in Lateral Entry Scheme, a joint merit list will be drawn from the eligible candidates as mentioned in eligibility for Lateral entry.
For being eligible to seek admission to an Engineering Degree program at the second year/third semester level through lateral entry scheme, a candidate must fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- Should have acquired a diploma of 3 years in the respective branch (IT/CSE/CE/EE/ECE) (after 10+2 or matriculation) or equivalent branch (IT, CSE & ECE are equivalent to each other), preferably from Himachal Pradesh State Board of Technical Education or equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from institute preferably located in H.P.
- Must have passed the Bachelor's Degree in Science (B.Sc.), with Mathematics and Physics as subjects and a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from Himachal Pradesh University or any other recognized University/Institutions located in preferably Himachal Pradesh.
- A candidate seeking admission under the sponsored category under the lateral entry scheme should have the same eligibility as given in (a) or (b) above. The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years experience of working in Government sector/Public Sector Units /Industry related to Information Technology/Computer Science Engineering/Electronics and Communication Engineering/Civil Engineering/Electrical Engineering, whichever is applicable for seeking admission in-branch concerned. The candidates are required to produce the experience certificate from the employer along with (i) requisite leave of 3 years, (ii) salary statement/ at the time counseling. Form 16-A (of salary) for the last three years from the employer.
- The candidates, who have appeared in the final year/semester, but their result of the Degree/Diploma course is awaited, can also apply. But, they should get their result cleared and show the pass certificate with a requisite percentage on the date of counseling.