- 12 Apr 2021: From watchman to IIM assistant professor, remarkable journey of Ranjith Ramachandran Read More
|CAT||25 Jul, 2021 (Tentative)||Advertisement - notice | Mode: Online|
|02 Aug, 2021 - 20 Sep, 2021 (Tentative)||Application - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|24 Sep, 2021 - 27 Sep, 2021 (Tentative)||Application Correction - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|15 Oct, 2021 - 28 Nov, 2021 (Tentative)||Others - Mock Test | Mode: Online|
|25 Oct, 2021 - 28 Nov, 2021 (Tentative)||Admit Card - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|28 Nov, 2021 (Tentative)||Exam - exam date | Mode: Online|
|06 Dec, 2021 - 10 Dec, 2021 (Tentative)||Answer Key - response sheet | Mode: Online|
|01 Jan, 2022 (Tentative)||Result - result date | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Indian Institute of Management Ranchi
The flagship Post-Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi is a two-year, full-time residential Programme.
This Programme of IIM Ranchi offers MBA degree. It is extremely prestigious and is rated highly in the country. Students entering the Programme are selected through a rigorous process, comprising of the Common Admission Test (CAT), one of the most competitive entrance examinations in the country, followed by a Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview. Currently, IIM Ranchi admits around 185 students in this Programme.
The Programme facilitates learning in theory and practice of different functional areas of management, and is carefully designed based on inputs by key stakeholders including students, industry experts, and faculty. Apart from the academic rigour which ensures that students learn and apply key concepts and analytical tools, the Programme also provides opportunities for students to develop their communication, leadership, interpersonal and networking skills, attributes that are critical in today’s increasingly competitive world and fast-changing business environment. The Programme equips a student with requisite knowledge and skills, required for playing leadership roles in the manufacturing and services sectors in India and abroad.
The Programme is designed to achieve the following objectives:
1. Develop competence in students to learn and adapt to the dynamic national and international environments and strive for excellence.
2. Orient the participants to apply knowledge and understanding of theories and concepts from basic disciplines and functional areas for creation, growth, and management of organizations.
3. Develop acumen to implement suitable strategies by critically analysing both internal and external organizational environment.
4. Understand various approaches and techniques relevant to the organizational processes, models and practices.
5. Develop cultural sensitivity to appreciate diverse points of view in a global environment.
6. Exhibit high degree of integrity and ethics in behaviour.
The Programme is delivered by distinguished in-house and visiting faculty members from the IIM fraternity, and academicians and experts from other renowned peer-level Institutions and organizations. The faculty members who teach in the Programme come from some of the most respected Institutions/Universities in India and across the globe. The faculty members are deeply engaged in research and management consulting, which helps them to bring their experience into curriculum design and classroom delivery, using a variety of pedagogical approaches.
The Post-Graduate Programme lasts six trimesters, spread over two years, with a summer project in between the two years. The curriculum is reviewed and revised periodically so that it remains relevant and contemporary.
PGP first year comprises of Compulsory courses, spread over three terms across all functional domains of management. The first year students are exposed to basic concepts in the areas of Marketing Management, Accounting & Finance, Economics, Information Systems, Operations Management, Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management and Strategic Management. The core courses are aimed at providing contextual understanding, conceptual knowledge, analytical skills, tools and techniques, social, cultural and environmental sensitivity to form the base of the Programme.
The second year comprises of Elective courses, spread over three terms. The elective courses help the participants to develop deeper understanding of functional areas of management. Students are allowed to choose the courses of their interest in the second year. Students who want to acquire deeper understanding of a topic or explore deeply a narrow topic can also pursue a Course of Independent Study (CIS) under the guidance of a faculty member.
In between the first year and the second year, the students are required to compulsorily do a Summer Internship Project (SIP). A student is required to do a summer project on any aspect of business management, in the industry, for a period of eight weeks at the end of the first year.
Currently, the total credits requirement across two year of MBA Programme is minimum of 110.5 and a maximum of 119.5 credits (including the Summer Internship Project), one credit being equivalent to 10 classroom hours.
IIM Ranchi’s PGP Programme also provides an opportunity for students to learn about business practices in various countries through Student Exchange Programme (STEP) and/or study trips.
- Appear for CAT examination.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Personal Appearance(PA) process.
- The PA process will be conducted. It will consist of Written Ability Test(WAT) and Personal Interview(PI). This is common for all IIMs participating in Common Admission Process(CAP).
- Preparing the merit list based on Cat score, WAP and PI score and Profile score as well.
- An undergraduate/ bachelor's degree with a min aggregate of 50%(45% for SC/ST/PWD quota).
- The undergraduate degree obtained by the candidate must comprise of a minimum of three years of education after the higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- In case the candidate is awarded CGPA, the equivalent percentage would be based on the methodology provided by the institution/university from where the undergraduate degree was obtained.
- Candidates appearing in their final year of under graduation can also apply for the IIMs candidature, provided the Head of the Institution provides a certified document stating the concerned details.
Candidates of the above criteria will not be eligible for admission if he/she does not submit a certificate latest by June 30, 2019 from the principal/head of the department/registrar/director of the institution/university (issued on or before June 30, 2019) stating that they have completed all of the required (the result can be awaited) for obtaining the undergraduate degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate.
My college life - hectic yet enjoyable
- Batch of 2014
Enhance your professional career IIM Ranchi style
- Batch of 2017
The Echoing Hub of Excellence
- Batch of 2017
Living A Fast track life at IIM Ranchi
- Batch of 2017