|22 Mar, 2020||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|22 Mar, 2019||Form Submission| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Indian Institute of Management Ranchi
The Ph.D, offered by IIM Ranchi, is an academic programme, which requires at least four years for its completion. The enrolled students will have to undertake an initial two years of rigorous coursework, continued by a further two years for the purpose of the completion of the research work with dissertation. The first year of course work is similar to that of IIM Ranchi’s Post Graduate Programme, which is aimed at providing the candidates with a broad understanding of the field of management. The Second Year of the coursework is to ensure that the candidates develop a deep understanding in their chosen knowledge domain and an increased ability to do rigorous research in their chosen area of specialization. The Area Comprehensive Examination at the end of the second year has been designed to assess the candidate on whether he/she has acquired the requisite level of proficiency in his/her area of specialization. In the subsequent years, the candidate has to work on the doctoral dissertation, the expectation of which is it should be an original contribution in the field of management.
The students admitted to this programme receive a comprehensive financial aid which covers all of the academic and living costs. IIM Ranchi has excellent library, computing and faculty resources. The interested candidates can apply to the following domains for specialization:
- Accounting & Finance
- General Management (includes Business Communication, Business Ethics)
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- The Candidates who fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria are required to take:
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- NET-JRF (UGC/CSIR).
- Scores from any of the above exams taken during the last two years (on 1st July, 2017 or afterwards) will be considered for the purpose of admission in Ph.D.
- Candidates already having a one/two year full-time classroom-based Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) or in any specialized area of management (e.g., PGD in HRM, Agri-Business Management etc.) from any of the IIMs, with a CGPA of at least 6.5 or equivalent in the previous four years before 30th June, are excluded from the above mentioned requirement, and can apply directly through the prescribed Application Form in the IIM’s website.
- The candidates selected on the basis of their academic record and performance in the entrance exams mentioned above will have to attend a seminar and personal interview for the final selection in the month of April/May and the successful candidates will receive the admission offer by the end of May.
- A candidate interested in the PhD programme must have any one of the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree/Post Graduate Diploma or its equivalent in any specialization with first class.
- A B.Tech/ 4 Years Degree with a 6.5 CGPA or equivalent
- Anyone of the following professional qualifications, which are: CA/ICWA/CS with a B.Com/ Degree with minimum 55% cumulative marks or an equivalent grade point average.
- In addition to the above, the candidate should also have secured a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent) in all of their public examinations starting with the secondary level. The candidates work experience in any industry or academics, though not compulsory, will be given due credit in the selection process.
- Those who are appearing for their final year examination in the current academic year may also apply. However, their admission to the programme will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements for obtaining the relevant degree before 30th June 2019.