About Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKV) is an autonomous nonprofit, research and educational organisation. The institution is funded by for the ICAR, Government of Chhattisgarh and international agencies. It works for the upliftment of farmer's livelihood of Chhattisgarh. Education, Research and Extension are the major activities coordinated through agriculture, veterinary, dairy and agricultural engineering faculties. IGKV was established in 1987 after bifurcating from Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur. The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programmes in agriculture.
Location: Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur is located at Sai Nagar Zora, Krishak Nagar, Raipur, Chhattisgarh. The nearest railway junction is Raipur Junction Railway Station, which is about 11 km away from the IGKV. City Bus Depot is about 9 km away. Swami Vivekanand Airport, Raipur is about 8 km away from the university campus.
Courses & Fees
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKV) offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programmes in agriculture. According to the IGKV admission process, admission to the undergraduate courses is based on Pre Agriculture Test (PAT), conducted by Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board of the State Government. IGKV admission to the PG course and PhD programme is based on Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya. In order to get the complete details about the IGKV admission process, candidates have to go through the following given process:
IGKV admission procedure for undergraduate courses
- To get admission to BSc. agriculture programmes, candidates have to appear for Pre Agriculture Test (PAT), conducted by Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board of the State Government, while Pre Engineering Test (PET) is held for admsision to B.Tech. in Agriculture Engineering courses.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured in the entrance examination for further IGKV admission procedure.
- Candidates will be shortlisted as per the merit list and only the shortlisted aspirants are eligible to be a part of the further IGKV admission process.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the university level document verification and fee payment and it is mandatory to complete this procedure in order to confirm their IGKV admission.
IGKV admission process for postgraduate courses and PhD
- To get admission to postgraduate agriculture programmes, candidates have to appear for the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the University.
- Aspirants have to qualify the admission test and such candidates will be shortlisted for being a part of the further IGKV admission procedure.
- Shortlisted candidates move to the final stage of the IGKV admission process that comprises of university-level document verification and fee payment.
- Final selection of the students will be based on the marks obtained in the admission test, participation in the university-level document verification and fee payment.
Exams and Cutoffs
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKV) provides various facilities to its students. This includes a library, computer lab, hostel, conference room and auditorium. The University also has the facility of sports, reading room, yoga room, and gym. These facilities are established, keeping in mind the physical exercise and sports need of the students for involving them into successful personalities.
- Library: IGKV library has the latest volumes, in the fields of agriculture, science, technology, management and general areas. It has the membership for e-resources and has a subscription to national and international peer-reviewed e-journals. Online public access catalogue (OPAC) facility is available to facilitate the online search of the library books with title, author, keyword and subject. It has an institutional membership of DELNET.
- Medical Facilities: The IGKV campus has a medical facility. Medical doctors and other necessary first aid and emergency medicines are available for the staff and students.
- Sports: The IGKV has indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Indoor games like carrom, table tennis, chess are available on the campus. The college has a well-furnished football field and cricket fields. It also has a hockey field, handball, volleyball and badminton court. Tournaments in these sports are organized in the institute at University level. The institute organizes annual sports every year in which students of all disciplines take part.
- Canteen: IGKV has a well-maintained cafeteria situated within the institute campus premises. Hygienic tasty snacks and food items are available during institute timings at reasonable rates.
- Computer Centre: The computer centre of IGKV maintains and manages campus networking and internet facility. It provides both wired and WiFi connectivity to students and staff. The centre is equipped with the latest system/application software, operating system and various utility software. All students & staff are allowed to access the internet for academic and research purposes.
- Hostel: Hostel facilities at IGKV are provided for boys and girls. It is equipped with all the modern facilities. There is the provision of RO water plants and Generator Backup facility in case of power failure in all the hostels. The hostels are fully safe and enclosed with boundary walls and have the provisions of indoor and outdoor games and recreation facilities for the students.
- Laboratories: Each department in the IGKV has well-equipped laboratories. It is providing extensive and contemporary facilities for science teaching and research.
Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
Questions related to Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur
how much rank should be needed in PET to get agri engg in IGKV
Being one of the better colleges for Agriculture in Chattisgarh, the cutoffs go high for this college.
You must secure a rank of under 300 if you are from the general category.
minimum ranks for admission in igkv
It is needed to get a degree under 10+2+4 system from a recognized University with minimum O.G.P.A. 6.00 out of 10 point scale or 60% in marks system of examination or equivalent grades are eligible for admission. Only those students, who have passed 10+2 examination with mathematics, are eligible for admission.
Hope this helps, Good Luck.
Do non icar accredited private college student can get admission in pg course at igkv ??
You can get admission in pg course in Indra gandhi agriculture university, because it is a state university present in Chandigarh. So you can get admission through entrance exam conducted by this university itself. You should have undergraduate degree in agriculture.
Hope it helps.
Sir what is the scope for btech agri? I have got alloted for btech agri in IGKV?Should I go or not? I am really confused
College have a placement cell in collage which give a proper knowledge about persuing Carrier . This year 9 students get placed in various industry with a minimum pacage of 30000 thousand per month .we also get proper knowledge and facilities for fighting various government job related to agriculture like Rheo ,raeo, ada ,etc and also get detailed knowledge of gate ,jrf ,etc
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
I GOT 310 IN ICAR UG, OVERALL RANK 5705 AND SC RANK 136.......CAN I GET IGKV, RAIPUR??
Hey, have you mentioned your correct Rank??
Or this is fake Rank!!! Because with this score your Rank should be around 10k and not 5705.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: