Admission Process 2021
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKV) offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programmes in agriculture. According to the IGKV admission process, admission to the undergraduate courses is based on Pre Agriculture Test (PAT), conducted by Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board of the State Government. IGKV admission to the PG course and PhD programme is based on Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya. In order to get the complete details about the IGKV admission process, candidates have to go through the following given process:
IGKV admission procedure for undergraduate courses
- To get admission to BSc. agriculture programmes, candidates have to appear for Pre Agriculture Test (PAT), conducted by Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board of the State Government, while Pre Engineering Test (PET) is held for admsision to B.Tech. in Agriculture Engineering courses.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured in the entrance examination for further IGKV admission procedure.
- Candidates will be shortlisted as per the merit list and only the shortlisted aspirants are eligible to be a part of the further IGKV admission process.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the university level document verification and fee payment and it is mandatory to complete this procedure in order to confirm their IGKV admission.
IGKV admission process for postgraduate courses and PhD
- To get admission to postgraduate agriculture programmes, candidates have to appear for the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the University.
- Aspirants have to qualify the admission test and such candidates will be shortlisted for being a part of the further IGKV admission procedure.
- Shortlisted candidates move to the final stage of the IGKV admission process that comprises of university-level document verification and fee payment.
- Final selection of the students will be based on the marks obtained in the admission test, participation in the university-level document verification and fee payment.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
The Common Entrance Test (CET) of graduates of Agriculture is conducted by the University and based on the performance of the candidates a merit list is prepared. Based on the merit list, admissions are given in the subject of their choice. The roaster of the reservation is followed for these admissions also.