About Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu
Government College of Engineering and Technology (GCET), Jammu was established in the year 1994 under All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) norms. It is affiliated to University of Jammu. The college has 9 academic departments: Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Humanities, Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry, Applied Mathematics. GCET Jammu offers B.E. programmes.
GCET Jammu is located at Chak Bhalwal, Jammu City, Jammu and Kashmir. Jammu Airport is the closest airport to the college, located about 27.2 km away. Closest railway station to the college is Jammu Tawi Railway Station, located about 25 km away while the closest bus station to the college is Jammu Bus Station, located about 20.4 km away.
- GCET Jammu is accredited by NBA.
GCET Jammu has collaborated/signed MOUs with the following institutions:
- TRANSFORMING HIGHER EDUCATION GATE ACADEMY PRIVATE LIMITED
- XR Digitech Pvt. Ltd.
- Winnovation Education Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Reliance JIO
- IIT Kharagpur
- TBIC SMVDU and NEONEX Technologies, Chandigarh
- EDC, UIET, Chandigarh
- IIT Mumbai
- Neonex Technologies
- Technology Business Incubation Centre, SMVDU , Katra
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Kalakriti Society- It is a club of all the amazing and creative artists of GCET Jammu. It plays a major role in every event conducted within the campus and outside the campus by creating beautiful posters, banners and art work. The club also organises multiple events such as poster making competition, various art display competitions, etc.
- Sports Club- This Club organises and manages all the sporting events at GCET Jammu. A mega annual sports meet is organised every year in the campus by this club.
- Red Ribbon Club- This Club of the college imparts knowledge related to prevention and spread of deadly diseases such as AIDS etc. Every year on December 1st, an “AIDS Awareness Rally” is organised to create awareness in and around the campus.
- Red Cross Society- This Society of Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu is formed to develop the qualities of philanthropy and altruism amongst the students. Red Cross unit of the college organizes blood donation camp for the students. The college also prepares students to work for various social causes and for the betterment of humanity by donating generously and by extending help to those who are the victims of natural and manmade disasters.
- Literary Club- This Club organises debates, symposiums and contribute articles/papers to College Magazines and Conferences where the students got a basic platform to master public speaking. The club also gives a platform for interaction among the intra and inter department students so that they can share and exchange their views and opinions.
- CRIOS Club- This Club of Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu includes a critical mass of motivated students and faculties with entrepreneurial orientation and skill. It has strengthened the inter department and inter- institutional linkage, incubators and other Ecosystem enablers at different levels.
- Career Counseling/Placement Club- This Club offers career guidance on all aspects related to career planning, job searching and post-graduate studies. It deals with the placement of the students in different companies and sectors. It hones their employability skills, trainings, industry interface and pre-placement talks.
- Royal Mechnocrat- This Club of GCET Jammu is established by students of Mechanical Engineering Department of the college. Members of this club are concerned in the technological advances in mechanical engineering and gather to discuss technology, automation and governmental policies governing technology.
- Infomaniacs- This Club helps students around a common cause, interest or course of student like machine learning, artificial intelligence, IOT etc. It organises coding contests in the college like codeathon. This club has also provided students many cultural activity opportunities that have augmented their personality and social life.
- Eco Club- This Club of Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu aims at educating the students to be the green ambassador and launch plantation drive for green and clean environment. It also helps students to know the need of using eco-friendly things, to save trees, educate people and protect natural flora and fauna to maintain ecological balance.
- Civitech Society- The Civitech Society was established by the Department of Civil Engineering. The main activities of the Society is to organise technical visits/tours, trainings, inter-college debates/seminars/quiz and expert lectures of eminent personalities in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Azonic Club- The club of GCET Jammu inculcates in students a zeal to actively organise and participate in various professional, technical and cultural activities within and outside the State to develop technical and soft skills and also to promote social interactions. The club also provides the platform for the students to give a shape to their innovative ideas.
- Dynamo Club- This Club was established with the aim to carry out the various technical/educational activities. The club encourages and supports electrical engineering students through social events, skilled workshop and industrial visit. It provides a platform for the electrical engineering students for learning, creating and improvising their professional skills.
- Disciplinary Committee- The Disciplinary Committee of Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu is responsible for maintaining discipline and spreading awareness about the rules of discipline among the student community. It takes disciplinary actions against those found in breach of discipline.
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee- This Committee of GCET Jammu is responsible for preventing cases of sexual harassment and eve teasing in the college. It makes students aware about the consequences of indulging in such acts and takes strict actions against those found guilty.
Courses & Fees
Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu offers admissions B.E programmes based on the scores of JKCET entrance exam. Students also have to qualify JKCET counselling based on the scores of JKCET. Detailed description of the admission procedure is mentioned below.
For B.E. programmes:
- Candidates need to appear for JKCET entrance exam.
- Eligible candidates have to register for JKCET counselling on its official website by submitting all requisite documents and paying the amount of fees.
- Candidates need to select Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu in the counselling process while doing the choice locking.
- Candidates will be offered admission through JKCET counselling based on their score in JKCET entrance exam.
- Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu admissions will be offered after seat allotment, document verification and fees payment.
Exams and Cutoffs
Only state owned Engineering College of JK.
Last Seen: 21 Feb' 18
Joined On: 09 Jun' 15
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- BE Mechanical Engineering
Good but you need to focus
This college is good for poor and needy students
Last Seen: 20 Jan' 17
Joined On: 18 Feb' 16
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- BE Mechanical Engineering
Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu offers certain facilities to the students and faculty members of the institute including hostels, laboratories, sports, lecture halls etc. Detailed description of all the facilities provided to the students and faculty members of the institute are mentioned below.
- Hostel- Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu has a boys' hostel with an accommodation capacity of 200 students. Hostel provides all the basic amenities to the students. It also provides advanced facilities. Construction of girls' hostel is under progress.
- Laboratories- Each academic department of the college has its own set of laboratories which facilitates good practical learning of students.
- Sports- GCET Jammu has playgrounds and play courts for many indoor and outdoor sports like volleyball, football, table tennis, cricket etc.
- Lecture Halls- Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu has state-of-the-art lecture halls which are equipped with audio-video equipment for modern and interactive learning and teaching.
Questions related to Government College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu
i took admission for b.tech EE at gcet jammu 2019 . i attended classes for 2 monthes . i did not submit any exam form at gcet (¿ preparing for neet 2020) hence not attended exams at gcet(didnt cancel admission).what is my position at gcet jammu , how to attend classes at gcet and what should i do?
Even if you haven't appeared for any exam, if your name has been in the final admission list and you did attend classes for 2 months, you are still a student of the College. And because you haven't cancelled the admission yet, you are still their student. And if you want to cancel your admission, you need to reach out to the College administration.
my rank in jkcet merit list is 1660 .can i get admission in gcet jammu in electrical branch. i am from RBA category
Compared to the number of seeds that are present in GCET Jammu, it is going to be difficult for you to get admission in the institute in the electrical branch. For general category students the cut off rank is 350. Since you belong to RBA category, you have slim chances of making to the institute. However this cannot be guaranteed completely e and u need to wait for the rounds of counselling to see for yourself.
For any further information regarding admission in GCET Jammu you can always refer to this URL:-
This will help you in a long way in clarifying your doubts and removing whatever obstacles that you have in your mind while preparing for admission. Generally core branches in the institute demand a low cutoff rank and reservation sears are also limited. the only way is that you can crack into the institution is through your reservation. still you have a very good rank and you may want to see other colleges as well. at this great rank of yours you may want to compare GCET Jammu with other colleges to see which college offers electrical branch has the best institute of them all.
Now when you are thinking to compare this colleges you should compare them on the basis of few key parameters like placement prospects good teachers, infrastructure, skill oriented education, value based internships, exposure to industry, etc.
Now in order to compare colleges you need to click on this link:-
this is a great comparison tool as it compares colleges based on their merits and demerits. at the end of the comparison you will get to know the name of the best college where you should study electrical engineering as your footstep for graduation. Properly you will get admission in a very good college in Jammu and Kashmir.
i got 828 rank in jkcet.can i get civil branch in gcet jammu. category RBA
Congratulations for getting good rank in JKCET.
According to previous years cut offs the closing rank for civil branch in government college of engineering and technology Jammu is nearly between 450 to 700. At your rank it is very difficult to get Civil branch in GCET, Jammu. Your rank is little high than cutoff. so, there is very less chance to get Civil branch in GCET Colleges. But if the cut off varies you can get chance to get Civil branch in GCET.
For more information about GCET Jammu. I'm providing you a link that will help you:
I hope this information was helpful for you.
All the best for your bright future ahead.
i got 828 rank in jkcet. can i get civil branch in gcet jammu. category general
Congratulations for getting good rank in JKCET. According to last some years cut offs the closing rank for civil branch in government college of engineering and technology Jammu is nearly between 450 to 700. As your rank is little more than that of closing rank so that you have less chances of getting admission for civil branch.
But as cut offs may vary year to year so you should go for that with your fortunate luck you will get it. You have good chances of getting electrical engineering so if you are interested in that then you can for that also.
For more information about GCET Jammu you can go through the below link in which all the information about the college is given.
Best of luck.
what will be the rank of the student to get admission in gcet jammu in(rba) category...
Students who are not from J&K can also apply for the admissions in this college but They must have passed 10+2 with 50% aggregate in the Science stream along with English as one of the compulsory subjects.
There is a 10% relaxation provided for the reserved category. If students are selected for admission through (JKBOPEE) they will be exempted from paying the tuition fee for the first semester.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: