About Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore (GCETTS) is an institute in engineering and textile that was established in the year 1908. The College was formerly known as the College of Textile Industry. GCETTS provides undergraduate programmes in apparel production management, information technology, textile technology, chemical processing textiles and postgraduate programmes in mechanical processing textiles and computer science and engineering.
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology is located in Hooghly and the nearest railway station to it is Serampore with a distance of 2.1 km. Students can hire a cab or an auto and reach the College in 10 mins. Dum Dum Airport is the airport from the Government College and has a distance of 21.1 km in between. By hiring a cab from the airport, the students can reach the College in sixty-five mins.
Accreditation and Collaborations:-
Clubs, Committees, and Societies:-
- AICTE, MAKAUT, UGC, AISHE Approval and Affiliation Committee- This Committee looks after the approval and affiliations of the Government College of Engineering Textile Technology.
- Anti-Ragging Committee- The members of this Committee makes sure that no ragging is taking place in the college premises, and if any ragging is performed by any student, actions will be taken.
- Scholarship and Free-ship Committee- In this Committee, scholarships and free-ships are given to the students and make sure that the students not facing any hurdle related to the same.
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)- The members of this Committee look after the mistakes happening in the College, also note down the complaints given by the students and take required actions.
- Grievance Redressal Committee- Grievances like excessive delays, staff misbehaviour, malpractice injustice concerns (such as over race, caste, sex) are taken care of in this Committee.
- NSS Committee- The full form of this Committee is the National Service Scheme and the members’ work is to organise various camps like blood donation, free health check-ups, etc.
- College Magazine Committee- This Committee looks after the magazine of the Government College of Engineering Textile Technology and provides the magazine to the students on a regular basis.
- Students’ Welfare and Disciplinary Committee- This Committee makes sure that the students are benefited through various welfare activities that are conducted on a regular basis.
- Equal Opportunity Committee- The members of this Committee make sure that the students and faculty are treated equally and are given equal opportunity to everything that is conducted in the engineering college.
- Committee of SC/ST- This Committee looks after the students who belong to scheduled castes and scheduled tribes and makes sure that they are being treated equally in the college.
- Website Committee- The members of this Committee take care of the official website of this engineering college and update it regularly so that the students are connected with the latest information.
- Student Election Committee- This Committee of Government College of Engineering Textile Technology looks after the election of students and select one of them who is suitable for it.
- Library Advisory Committee- The members of this Committee take care of the library in every way, like the subscription of the books, magazines, CDs/DVDs, periodicals, etc.
- College Examination Committee- This Committee was formed to take care of the examinations that happen in the Government College of Engineering Textile Technology.
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore Highlights
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore Admissions 2021
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore offers undergraduate programmes in apparel production management, information technology, textile technology, chemical processing textiles and postgraduate programmes in mechanical processing textiles and computer science and engineering. Admission to undergraduate courses of GCETTS is offered on the basis of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) conducted by the West Bengal Board of Examination for Admission to Engineering. M.Tech is offered by Government College of Engineering Textile Technology on the basis of GATE scores, Written Test and Personal Interview. Final stage of admission to all courses involves document verification and fee payment. Admission is offered by Government College of Engineering Textile Technology only if the document gets verified and the requisite fee is paid. The detailed admission process of all the courses offered by GCETTS are given below:
Admission Procedure (For Undergraduate Programmes):-
- Candidates will have to apply online on the official website of the West Bengal Board of Examination and submit it along with the requisite documents.
- Candidates will have to appear for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) that is conducted by the West Bengal Board of Examination for Admission to Engineering.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling process conducted by WBJEEB.
- Seat allotment will be done on the basis of merit and preference of the candidate through the counselling process.
Admission Procedure (For Postgraduate Programmes):-
- Based on their GATE scores candidates will have to apply online on the official site of Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore for admission and submit the application form along with the requisite documents.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Written Test and Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be determined based on the performance of the candidates in the Written Test and Personal Interview.
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore Exams and Cutoffs
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore Student Reviews
If you study you can become an IITian from here
Last Seen: 21 Nov' 16
Joined On: 02 May' 15
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
Satisfactory and formal
Last Seen: 11 Feb' 17
Joined On: 30 Jun' 13
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
- B.Tech Information Technology
As for textile and apparel it is one of the best in country.
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore Facilities
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore Gallery
Questions related to Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore
HOW ABOUT A GCETTS COLLEGE PLACEMENT RECORD
Placement scenario is about average. It's the best for CSE and lower than that for the other streams. Mostly software companies come and packages around 3-3.5 lpa. This year companies like Wipro, Capgemini, Tech Mahindra, Fusioncharts etc came to the campusing.
How was the placement scinerio in this college in IT department for this year 2018-2019 ?
Hey Aritra Das,
The Government College Of Engineering, Serampore has not yet officially announced the the placements for any year. Anyways based on the leading Career sites of students reviews, The highest pay Package Of Information Technology is around 5 lakhs per annum while the average pay package is 2.5 lakhs per annum. The top companies that visit this College for hiring students are: Wipro, CapeGemini, Tech Mahindra, Fusion Charts, Infosys, Yotto labs, etc. For more details about this college you can check here:
How is the placement in apparal and production management?
Apparel Production Management graduates from Government College of Engineering Textile Technology can choose from jobs like Costume Designing, Styling, Apparel Management, and sectors as the garment industry, the textile machinery manufacturing industry.
A fresh graduate having zero experience of this course can expect an annual salary between 4 Lacs – INR 10 Lacs which will increase with experience in the field.
Hope this helps, All the best!
Wbjee ranked 6789 in OBC -B this year.May I eligible for admission of CSE?
I can provide you the previous year cutoffs of GCETTS college for the CSE branch.
These Opening Ranks (OR) and Closing Ranks (CR) were for OBC-B category candidates, so you can get a clear idea.
After Round 1- OR- 5636 and CR- 5923
After Round 2- OR- 6930 and CR- 7093
After Round 3- OR- 7093 and CR- 7493
After Round 1- OR- 5389 and CR- 5515
After Round 3- OR- 6438 and CR- 7548
After Round 1- OR- 5497 and CR- 5564
After Round 2- OR- 5564 and CR- 5931
After Round 3- OR- 6979 and CR- 7911
After Round 1- OR- 6035 and CR- 6783
After Round 2- OR- 7754 and CR- 8311
After Round 3- OR- 8311 and CR- 9584
Based on these cutoffs, you can figure out that you have a very good chance of getting CSE in GCETTS based on your OBC-B rank.
Hope this helps you.
All the best!!!
Can I get admission in gcett serampore through my jee main score
GCETT Serampore does not gives admission on the basis of JEE mains.As it conducts separate entrance exam called WBJEE for the admission in different courses.
you can also go through the following link,for the cutoff of WBJEE for different categories,if you are interested-
Government College of Engineering Textile Technology, Serampore Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: