About JELET 2020
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) conducts JELET 2020 for admission to 2nd year (3rd semester) of 4-year bachelor degree courses in Engineering & Technology and Pharmacy (except Architecture) courses in participating institutes in the state. The exam has been postponed due to COVID-19. The online application form for the exam was released on March 26; eligible candidates had to duly fill the form and submit it before April 30 (last date). However, the authorities had opened the registration process for second phase between June 8 and 15. Candidates were able to make corrections in the same on June 16 and 17.
The exam will be of 2-hour duration of multiple choice type and will be conducted in offline mode. A total of 100 questions will be asked, but the set of questions the candidate needs to answer will depend on the qualifying exam they have passed and the course applied for admission. The admit card will be issued in online mode and will be an important document that candidates have to carry with them to sit in the exam.
The result of the exam will be available in the form of downloadable rank cards containing the marks scored by the candidate in the exam. The rank card will also include the merit rank, but only for candidates who are eligible for counselling, which will be conducted in offline mode.
JELET 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance for Lateral Entry|
|Short Exam Name||JELET|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||500 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
JELET 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
16 Jun, 2020 - 17 Jun, 2020
Application Correction - Second Phase | Mode: Online
08 Jun, 2020 - 15 Jun, 2020
Application - Second Phase | Mode: Online
01 May, 2020
Application Correction - Start Date | Mode: Online
26 Mar, 2020 - 30 Apr, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
JELET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
JELET B.E Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of JELET 2020 for Engineering & Technology lists the conditions that the candidate has to meet in order to be considered for admission. As per the prescribed eligibility criteria, both diploma holders and graduates can apply for admission into 2nd year of Bachelor Degree courses in Engineering and Technology. However, diploma holders will be given preference during admission. Check below for full details.
JELET Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Engineering and Technology Courses
Eligibility Criteria to Apply
Nationality – The candidate needs to be an Indian national
Age limit -
- Diploma Holders in Engineering and Technology – No upper age limit has been set.
- Diploma Holders in Marine Engineering – The candidate mustn’t be more than 25 years of age as on December 31, 2020
- B.Sc Candidates – The upper age limit is set at 27 years as on December 31, 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
|The candidate must have passed the diploma programme with minimum 45% aggregate marks (40% in case of SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) or equivalent CGPA|
|B. Sc. candidates||General category candidate must have scored at least 45% marks, while reserved category candidates need only 40%.|
Additionally, the candidate must have passed Class 12 exam with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
Please note that B.Sc candidates will be considered for admission only after exhausting the list of Diploma holders.
|Both Diploma holder and B. Sc. candidates||Will be considered for admission to 1st year Engineering Degree courses, if the seats earmarked for lateral entry is exhausted|
Special Criteria for Jadavpur University
- B.Sc degree holders won’t be considered for admission at the institute
- The candidate needs to have passed 10+2 (qualifying) exam in Science stream with minimum 60% ( SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, and PwD candidates need only 45%) aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in regular mode. Additionally, the candidate also must have passed English with at least 30% marks in the qualifying exam.
JELET B.Pharma Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of JELET 2020 for Pharmacy mentioned below have to be fulfilled by all candidates to be considered for admission.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply
- Nationality – Admissions open to Indian nationals only.
- Age limit - There is no upper age limit.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
|The candidate must have passed Diploma in Pharmacy with minimum 45% aggregate marks (SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD candidates need 40%) or equivalent CGPA.|
In case seats allotted for lateral entry gets filled, diploma holders will be considered for admission to 1st year Degree course if there are any vacancies.
|B. Sc. candidates||Are not eligible for admission to Degree Course in Pharmacy|
JELET 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The application form of JELET 2020 was available in online mode for the first phase between March 26 and April 30. Under the second phase of registration, the form was available between June 8 and 15. Before filling the form, the candidate has go through the eligibility criteria carefully for appearing in the exam and also the admission process. This ensures that the candidate won’t have to regret later if denied admission for not meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria. in-spite of qualifying in the exam.
Considering application forms could be filled in online mode, the candidate had to go through steps like registration, filling of application form, uploading of documents, etc. Check below to understand the application process.
Steps to fill the Online JELET Application Form 2020
- Registration – The candidate needed a valid email id and a mobile number, and enter details like name, the name of parents, date of birth, etc. to get registered.
- Filling of application form – Upon registration, next information pertaining to personal, academic, and communication details had to be furnished.
- Uploading of documents – In this step, photograph and signature was to be uploaded in the prescribed format, as shown in the table below.
10 – 100 KB
4 cm x 3 cm
3 – 30 KB
4 cm x 1.5 cm
- Payment of application fee – In the next step, the application fee of Rs. 500 (not including Bank charges) was to be paid via online mode.
- Printing of Confirmation Page – Finally they had to take a printout of confirmation page to complete the application process.
|SC, ST, OBC, General||Online||Male, Female||₹ 500|
JELET 2020 Syllabus
Matrix and vector
Probability and Statistics
Storage cells, transformer, motors etc
Motors for industrial uses
Power generation, transmission and distribution
Voltage stabilizer and ups system
Wattmeter and mugger
Electrical energy and measurement
Computer applications & programming
Introduction to computer
Basics of software
Introduction to programming
Computer networking and internet
Air and environment
Analysis of air pollutants
Air pollution control measures and equipment
Methods and approach of air pollution control
Water and environ water sources
Different sources of water pollution
Water pollution and its control
Soil polluting agencies and effect of solution
Solid waste disposal
Noise and environmental management system, noise pollution and control
Environmental legislations, authorities and systems
System of forces
Moments and couples
Condition of equilibrium
Centre of gravity
Moment of inertia
Strength of materials
Simple stress and strain
Shear force and bending moment
Bending stress in beams
Deflection of beams
Columns and struts
Soil and water engineering
Surveying and leveling
Soil and water conservation
Ground water, pump and well technology
Irrigation and drainage
Building materials and structures
Remote sensing and GIS
Farm machinery and power
Crop production technology
Farm engine and tractors
Renewable energy sources
Thermodynamics and heat engines
JELET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates who plan to appear in the entrance exam should get themselves acquainted with the exam pattern of JELET 2020. This is because the structure of the exam can vary depending on the qualifying exam the candidate has passed. For example, diploma holders in engineering and technology aren’t required to attempt questions from the Mathematics sections, which is meant for B.Sc degree holders. The question type however is common for all candidates.
Exam pattern of JELET 2020
- Mode and duration: The exam will be OMR (offline) based and of 2 hours duration
- Number of paper: There will be one paper
- Type of question asked: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) questions will be asked. Each question will have four answer options, but only one of these would be correct.
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 1 mark, while for incorrect attempt -1/4 (25% negative) marks will be deducted.
- Total marks for the paper will be 100.
- Language: Question paper will be set in English language only.
The paper will contain separate sections demarcated by the qualifying exam passed by the candidate as shown in the table below:
Qualifying Exam Passed
Number of Questions
Compulsory for all candidates with Diploma in Engineering & Technology
For candidates with Diploma in Engineering and Technology, except Printing Technology and Agricultural Engineering
Strength of Materials
For candidates with Diploma in Printing Technology
This will ensure the candidate won’t have to regret later if denied admission for not meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria. in-spite of qualifying in the exam.
Basic Printing Engineering
Printer’s Materials Science
For candidates with Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
Soil and Water
Farm Machinery and Power
Food Processes and Food Harvest Engineering
For candidates with B.Sc Degree
For candidates with Diploma in Pharmacy
JELET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of JELET 2020 will be available in online mode. The document has to be downloaded by logging in using one’s log-in credentials. Candidate will have to ensure they do not lose or damage the admit card, as duplicate copies cannot be generated. The admit card will be issued to all candidates who fill the application form and are considered eligible. Verification of information furnished by the candidate at the time of filling the application form will only be done during the counselling process.
An important document that is required for the entrance exam is the admit card and it will contain important details like name and roll number of the candidate, date and time of the exam, and also exam centre details.
How to download JELET Admit Card
- Click on the admit card download link
- Log-in to the portal using registration number and password
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a printout
JELET 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
JELET 2020 Result
Exam authorities will publish the result of JELET 2020 in online mode. The result will be available in the form of rank cards that will contain details like marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. In case of candidates who are eligible for counselling, the rank card will also contain the rank obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. However, no rank will be allotted to rest of the candidates.
How to check result of JELET 2020
- Go to the result portal (link will be updated here)
- Log-in using registration number and password
- The rank card will be displayed on the screen in downloadable PDF format
Candidates need to note that duplicate rank cards will not be generated once the counselling and admission process is over. So, they need to preserve the rank cards in case it is required for any future purpose.
Publication of Merit Lists
Five separate merit lists of JELET 2020 will be published which will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in the entrance exam. The merit lists will be available in the form of downloadable Rank Cards.
Types of merit lists:
- Merit rank for Diploma holders in Engineering & Technology except Printing Technology and Agricultural Engineering.
- Merit rank for Diploma holders in Printing Technology.
- Merit rank for Diploma holders in Agricultural Engineering.
- Merit rank for Diploma holders in Pharmacy.
- Merit rank for B.Sc candidates
These merit lists will be known as General Merit Rank (GMR), with the rankings being done in the descending order of marks obtained in the exam. In such a cases, where there is tie between scores, tie-breaking procedure would be adopted. Please note that the procedure would be different for different qualifying exams.
JELET 2020 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
The counselling of JELET 2020 will be conducted in offline mode and will be open to only those candidates who have been allotted ranks. As part of the counselling process, exam authorities will verify the credential of candidates at the counselling centre on the scheduled date, which will prepared based on the candidate’s rank.
The candidate has to appear for counselling in person; no other person will be allowed to participate in the counselling process in lieu of the candidate.
Allotment of seats will be done category-wise based on the merit rank of the candidate.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit card
- Rank card
- Mark sheets and pass certificates of qualifying exam
- Birth certificate
- Category certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Photo id proof
- Any other relevant certificate
- Counselling registration form
- Class 12th mark sheet for B.sc candidates
Questions related to JELET
After 10th I did diploma . Am I eligible for jelet (lateral entry) exam of jadavpur university
The eligibility criteria for JELET is that you should have passed your diploma course with atleast 50% aggregate. Then you are eligible for JELET. To get admission in Jadavpur University through JELET, you need to have a very good score, as the competition is high.
Hope this answer helps you.
Approximately how much score do I need to have in JELET exam to get admission at Jadavpur University in Electrical Engineering branch(currently Im pursuing diploma in Electrical engineering)?
jelet exams conducts by wbjeeb, question structure is total of 100 mcq, total marks of the question is 100. All branches of Engineering/Technology will have one common paper.Each negative response will fetch (-1/4) marks. total time duration is 120 minutes. since seats are really less compares to students participate in the exam, you need to score more than 90+ to get admission in jadavpur university.
sir/mam culkatta university me jelet ke through admission ho jayega please tell me please.
JELET exam is conducted for lateral entry admission for diploma candidates in B.E and B.tech courses in Bengal.Given below are the list of colleges offering admissions.
- Techno India University, Kolkata
- Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia
- Abacus Institute of Engineering and Management, Hooghly
- Brainware University, Kolkata
- Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, South 24 Parganas
- Gargi Memorial Institute of Technology, Baruipur
I hope this helps.
jelet ke through jadavpur university me admission ho skta hai please help me
Amit, you should have a valid diploma in the relevant branch to be eligible for admission to 2nd year of UnderGraduate courses in Jadavpur University through JELET scores. According to an old information brochure which you can read at: http://www.jaduniv.edu.in/upload_files/scroll_info/1537275412.pdf , it says that lateral entry through JELET scores is possible in Jadavpur University. You should have passed Diploma and scored a minimum aggregate of 60% in your Diploma. It is 60% for General Category and 45% for SC,ST,OBC.
hlo sir/mam jelet exam ke through kon kon si universities me admission hota hai please help me.
List of some of the top engineering colleges accepting JELET examination is provided below-
- Jadavpur university
- Techno India University , Kolkata.
- Kalyani Government Engineering College
- Abacus Institute of Engineering and Management, Hooghly.
- Brainware University , Kolkata.
- Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, South 24 Parganas.
- Gargi Memorial Institute of Technology, Baruipur.
To get the complete list go through our page, the link for the same is provided below-