The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) is a public state university located in Kolkata, India. The university was established in the year 2001 by the Government of West Bengal. (MAKAUT) offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various technical and management streams. Various colleges of West Bengal are affiliated to MAKAUT and take admission to their courses on the basis of entrance conducted by the university. MAKAUT has been approved by the All India Council of Technical Education.
MAKAUT is located at BF 142, DD Block, Sector 1, Bidhannagar, Kolkata. Kolkata is the nearest and most recognisable railway station to be reached which is located 6 km away from the college. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is the nearby airport located at a distance of 14.6 km away from the college. CSTC Bus Depot is the nearby bus depot located 3.7 km away from the college.
Accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Tennessee State University, USA
Webel Informatics Limited (A Govt. of West Bengal Undertaking)
Merchants Chamber of Commerce
West Bengal Electronics Industry Development Corporation (WBEIDC)
Cambridge Marketing College, UK
Aunwesha Knowledge Technologies Private Ltd
Islamic University of Science and Technology
Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 3.50 Lakhs
- Seats: 240 Seats
- Total Fees: 2.80 Lakhs
- Seats: 180 Seats
- Total Fees: 4.20 Lakhs
- Seats: 180 Seats
- Total Fees: 3.83 Lakhs
- Seats: 180 Seats
This College is accredited by NAAC B++ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 26 Nov 2022 and the score is 2.87 .
Exams and Cutoffs
MAKAUT offers admission to its various courses through different entrance examinations conducted by the university itself. Various colleges that are affiliated to MAKAUT also offer admission on the basis of these entrance and counselling processes which are also conducted by the university itself. Admission to various non-professional courses is done on the basis of Common Entrance Test, after which the candidates have to appear for the counselling process. Candidates who want to seek admission in MBA programme have to appear in the Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT). MAKAUT conducts a separate Joint Entrance Exam for admission to MCA courses. Candidates who have qualified JECA have to appear for counselling conducted by WBJEED. Admission to M.Tech and M.Pharm courses will be done on the basis of score obtained by the in the GATE/GPAT or Post Graduate Entrance Test conducted by MAKAUT. For admission to PhD courses, candidates have to appear in the entrance test conducted by the university or have to qualify any entrance examination which is UGC/CSIR JRF) Examinations/NET/SLET/GATE/Research Fellowship. Admission processes to various courses offered by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology are listed below:
Non-Professional Courses (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
- Candidates have to apply for the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by MAKAUT.
- Qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling process conducted by the university itself along with their documents.
- Admission will be offered to the candidates on the merit basis as per their CET score and choices made by them during the counselling.
- Admission to MBA will be done through JEMAT. Application form for JEMAT will be available in online mode and is to be submitted offline as a hard copy sent to the university along with demand draft for the application fee.
- Candidates who have qualified JEMAT will have to appear in the counselling process conducted by the university itself.
- Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of JEMAT score.
- Admission to MCA courses will be offered on the basis of JECA score. JECA is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB).
- Qualified candidates have to register for WBJEEB counselling process which will be common for all the colleges affiliated to MAKAUT.
- A call list will be prepared by WBJEEB for the registered candidates only depending on the number of seats available for admission.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of their JECA score and choices made by them during counselling.
M.Tech and M.Pharm
- Candidates have to apply for the programme through an online application process.
- Registered candidates have to appear for the Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET).
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the PGET score. Candidates who have qualified GATE/GPAT will be given proportionate weightage.
- Candidates have to appear for the counselling process.
- Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of PGET score, candidates performance in GD/PI and choices made by them in the counselling.
- Candidates have to apply for the programme through an online application form available on the official website of the university.
- Candidates have to appear for the entrance test and interview conducted by the university.
- Candidates who have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF)Examinations/NET/SLET/GATE/Research Fellowship can also apply for the Ph.D. programme. These candidates have to appear for the interview.
- The final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the entrance test and interview.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Hostels: The university has separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostels provide all the utilities to fulfill the basic requirement of the students. The hostel has a dining hall for catering food to the students and a common room for TV and indoor sports activities.
Library: A university library is present within the campus which has a vast collection of books and journals. The library has a reading room that provides space for the students to study. MAKAUT library has a subscription to various e-resources in order for the students to access various e-books and e-journals.
Sports Facilities: MAKAUT provides all the facilities for both indoor and outdoor games. Outdoor games include football, cricket, gymnastics, judo, shooting, weight lifting, kabaddi. For indoor games, there is a common room having a table tennis room, spaces for carrom & chess.
Awesome college for budding enngineers
Come only if you want to get cheap college
Review of MAKAUT
Best option for cse and IT
Questions related to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata
what is the cutt of marks cse?? and ee?? please suggest?? 2021
Yes I'll enlist down the cutoff ranks of WBJEE for Maulana Azad KALAM University of previous years..
The cutoff for Computer Science Engineering course was 7931 rank in wbjee for general category and 60122 rank in JEE MAINS for general category last year.
And the cutoffs for Electrical Engineering was 18912 rank in wbjee general category and 147230 rank general category in jee mains.
Kindly refer to the link below to know more about the courses and their cutoffs of different colleges of West Bengal -
Best wishes. Thank you.
How is MAKAUT haringhata compare to vidyasagar, kalyani and calcutta university for IT, AI and MBA?
see it depends which course you may enroll for, if you are asking about btech course on IT, kalyani university will be first choice, makaut will be second and calcutta university will be in third position. for mba courses none of the university is very good in terms of placement. through iiswbm is under calcutta university, but it placement record it moderate compare to other tier 1 college.
How would you rate Maulana abul kamal azad university of technology (MAKAUT) haringhata campus specially for new introduced non-AICTE courses in terms of brand value**, India ranking, reputation**, qualified and experienced faculty, education quality?
see maulana abul kalam ajad universiy is newly shifted to haringhata, however the university is old and have more than 100 colleges of engineering has its affiliation. since it is the main campus the faculty are experienced and lab technology is excellent. some new courses like data science has included as bachelors curriculum, MAKAUT has been ranked 165 by NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) among all the engineering colleges in India
Which is best in terms of nationally brand value or reputation among - kalyani university or vidyasagar university or burdwan university or presidency university or MAKAUT (WBUT) university? please make rank on the basis of reputation, faculty qualification and experience, education quality ...
see you did not mention about any particular course, however according to ourse curriculum and latest syllabus, students review I have rearranged the university as follows,
maulana abul kalam ajad university of technology
what would be good decision for BSc data science from 2020 among - ILEAD college kolkata, NSEC college kolkata, NSHM knowledge college kolkata, MAKAUT university Haringhata, Technology india university kolkata Or any in West Bengal?
I have rearranged the colleges as per preferences,
1. techno india university
2. makaut university
3. nsec college kolkata
4. nshm knowledge campus
5. ilead college kolkata.
hope it would help.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 26 Nov 2022 ; CGPA : 2.87