Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Bengaluru was established in the year 2008. SIBM is a constituent Institute of Symbiosis International University. The Institute is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC). SIBM offers a Master in Business Management and an Executive MBA.
SIBM is located at 95/1, 95/2, Electronics City Phase 1, Hosur Road, Electronics City Phase 1, Electronic City, Bengaluru, Karnataka. Heelalige Railway Station is around 10.2 km away and Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru is around 77.1 km away from the Institute. Students can take a bus or a cab to reach the Symbiosis Institute of Business Management.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
SIBM is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Say Tress organisation
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Hippocampus – The Creative Club: The objective of this club is to have extracurricular activities that helps in the holistic development of the students.
- Opsession – The Operations Club: Through practical work and use case studies, this club enhances the management skills of the students.
- PRISyM – The Marketing Club: This is a marketing Club that helps the marketing and sales enthusiasts to increase their skills by providing them with insightful knowledge sessions, events and hands-on training.
- FINERGY – The Finance Club: This is a Finance Club of TBS that provides a quality learning experience in the world of finance by organising various interactive events.
- Ensemble – The HR club: This is the HR Club of the school that conducts monthly meetings to discuss the latest trends and opportunities.
- Toastmasters club:
- Saaz – The Music Club: This Club is for the musicians who perform different forms of singing like classical, rock, soft rock, fusion and pop. They also participate in competitions, stage performances and concerts, etc.
- Jhankaar - Dance Club: This Club is for dance lovers. Different forms of dance are performed by this group like Classical, Folk, Contemporary.
- Jzaa – The Dramatics Club: This Club provides a platform to students to showcase their talents through acting skills, expressions and drama.
- Sports Club: This Club encourages students to participate in different sports and tournaments organised at the national and international levels.
Exams and Cutoffs
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru Admission process:
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management offers admission to MBA and Executive MBA courses. Admission will be based on the performance in the SNAP examination. Further, the selected candidates have to appear for a personal interview. The detailed admission process is given below:
- Candidates should fill an application form for admission to the SIBM.
- Candidates have to appear for the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) and Group Exercise (GE).
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for written ability test (WAT) followed by a personal interview (PI).
- The final selection will be done on the combined performance of SNAP score (50), GE (10), PI (30), and WAT (10).
For Executive MBA:
- Candidates should fill an application form for admission to the College.
- Candidates have to appear for the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) entrance test conducted by SIBM.
- Based on the performance in SNAP, candidates will be shortlisted for a personal interview.
- The final selection will be based on the performance in a personal interview.
Symbiosis Institute of Management offers varied infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as an auditorium for organising curricular activities, library with a collection of books and journals, sports facilities, conferences and seminar halls for conducting seminars, meetings, etc. Other facilities like Wi-Fi, etc are also available for the students and faculty.
- Library: The Library has a mixed collection of both print and electronic format, which include books, journals, databases, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, etc.
- Conference and Seminar Hall: Symbiosis Institute of Business Management has conference and seminar halls for meetings, seminars, international conferences, etc.
- Auditorium: Various presentations, conferences, film screenings, theatre and cultural performances etc, are conducted in the auditorium.
- Hostels: The Institute has separate hostels for both boys and girls. Wi-Fi and LAN facilities are also provided to the hostel students.
- Health Care Services: The Institute has a medical room and ambulance facility available for the students and faculty for any kind of medical emergency.
- Gymnasium: SIBM has a gymnasium facility for the students and faculty so that they can maintain their physical health as well.
- Sports: The institute provides both indoor and outdoor games facilities like badminton, table tennis, football, swimming pool, lawn tennis, etc.
Fast and Furious Roller Coaster Ride
Sweet and salty phase of life
A lot of memories in a very short span of time
A brief on SIBM-B
Engagement, mismanagement, rearrangement
Last Seen: 01 Sep' 16
Joined On: 01 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
Questions related to SIBM Bengaluru
I have got Call from SIBM Bengaluru (Business Analytics and Quantitative Finance) are they worth joining .?? What are the avg package and placements for these two courses?
All the very best
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru(SIBM) has completed....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: