KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai was established in the year 1959 by Padma Bhushan Karamshi Jethabhai Somaiya. The institute provides various postgraduate diploma programmes like communications, financial services, international business, retail management, healthcare management, and an executive postgraduate diploma. It also provides postgraduate programmes in human resource development and management (part-time), marketing management (part-time) and financial management.
|Name of the Institute||K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai|
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management is located in Ghatkopar East, Maharashtra. The nearest railway station to the Institute with 2.9 km of distance in between is Vidyavihar Railway Station. Students can hire a cab from the railway station and can reach the Institute in 15 mins. Bombay Airport is the nearest airport from K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai with a distance of 7.9 km. By hiring a cab, students can reach the Institute in around 45 mins.
K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai Latest Updates/News
|Name of the Event||Date|
|3rd International Conference on Challenges in Emerging Economies||November 20 to November 21, 2020|
|Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business||February 5 to February 7, 2021|
|7th International HR Conference||January 30 to January 31, 2020|
|15th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference||January 23 to January 24, 2020|
|8th International Conference||March 23 to March 27, 2021|
Accreditations and Collaborations:-
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Mumbai is accredited by-
National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
The collaborations of K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai are as follows-
Beijing Foreign Studies University
The University of Akron
University of Applied Sciences, Upper Austria
Duale Hochschule Bade-Wurttemberg
Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt
Saint Martin’s University
University of San Diego
Communication University of China
University of Vaasa, Finland
Management Development Institute of Singapore
Universidad de Navarra
Waikato Institute of Technology
Beijing International Studies University
Clubs, Committees, and Societies:-
Placement Committee- This Committee provides students with placement opportunities and gives them proper training regarding the same. This Committee also acts as an interface to fill the gap between corporate requirements, job opportunities and the abilities of the students.
Alumni Committee- In this Committee, the students understand the various concepts of becoming successful managers, entrepreneurs and leaders of the society.
Student Council- The role that this Council is to perform cross-functional to grip and bridge across every function of student life as well as the administration and make attempts to enhance student life.
Public Relations Committee- This Committee acts as the voice and face of the Institute and builds the Institute’s and Department’s brand on various social media platforms.
Admission Committee- In this Committee, the students create admission brochures, coordinate with other students during Group Discussions and Personal Interviews.
Guest Lecture Committee- This Committee looks after the lecture events that are conducted in the Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management. The members of this Committee organise the lectures without so that no issues are faced.
Enactus- This is a global community that brings students, academia, business and industrial community together to a single platform and work for the sustainable growth of society.
INTERFACE- This is the marketing Committee where case study discussions, simulation games, and presentations are organised and conducted in this Club. It also helps in developing marketing ability.
Pathfinder Innovation & Entrepreneurship Cell- This Cell promotes entrepreneurship to the students. It also promotes a managerial nature amongst the students who wish to become managers.
Finstreet- This is a finance Club in which the students take care of finance-related issues of various departments of the Somaiya Institute of Management Mumbai carefully.
Retail Club- This Club fills the gap between the retail industry and the students of K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai and gives knowledge of retail industries through various meetings of industrial exposures.
CII Young Indians- This is an integral part of the Confederation of Indian Industry which is a non-government and international body that partners with industries, civil society and various other organisations.
FORSE- The full form of this Committee is Forum of Operations Research and Supply chain Enthusiasts and is the Operations Committee of KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai.
Humanist- This is the HR Club and its aim is to transform the theories contained in the HR books into practice, with mock applications of every stage and scenario.
Quantinuum- This is the Quant and Analytics Committee in which discussions and concepts are addressed. It also conducts a programme related to analytics.
Consultancy Committee- This Committee creates awareness about the consulting domain amongst the students and provides a platform to the students to facilitate interaction between them and the faculties. International Business Society- This Society increases awareness of international business roles and opportunities and fills the gap between the industry and academics of K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai.
Toastmasters Club- The basic aim of this Club is to reach out to the students and to teach English as well as speaking and communication skills.
Aspire Club- This Club focuses on the business school competitions, MNC competitions and research and brainstorms the students, make them compete with the other b schools and help them win the competitions.
Students’ Activity Forum- The mission of this Forum is to make the students more active in the non-academic activities conducted by the Institute and provide them with various opportunities through workshops.
Sports Committee- This Committee helps students achieve a healthier lifestyle cope with the studious environment. It has numerous outdoor playgrounds and indoor courts are spread over a vast area.
Gita Club- The aim of this Club is to build the team, be self-discipline and be preserved and helps students to get over the negativity, despair, ethical dilemmas and insecurities.
Women’s Development Cell- This Cell looks after the problems faced by women. This club makes students get aware of Gender Equity. It also helps students to change their mindset and attitudes towards life in terms of women.
SIMSR Talkies- This is a student-driven initiative that showcases movies and documentaries for the students of the Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research.
Mauj- This is the music band of K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai where students who are music enthusiasts showcase their musical talent to the Institute and perform various music-related events.
Photography Club- This Club provides a platform for all photographers and students who are keen to learn photography. Students can share their ideas, vision, photographs and technical knowledge with the interested.
SIMSR Courses & Fees
SIMSR Admissions 2021
Somaiya Institute of Management Admission
As per the K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admission process, MMS is offered on the basis of CET/CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT/ATMA/GMAT and participation in the AH MBA CET counselling process or Centralized Admission Process (CAP). Admission to PGDM - IB/FS/Comm/RM/HCM is based on CAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT scores, qualifying exam, personal interview, case-based GD, past academic records, achievements and Work Experience. Somaiya Institute of Management admission to the executive PGDM is based on the personal interview, qualifying exam, statement of purpose, past academic records and outstanding achievements. Part-time MHRDM/MIM/MMM/MFM is based on an online exam, written case analysis, statement of purpose and personal interview. The step by step K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admission procedure for all the courses is given here:
K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai MMS Admission
- Aspirants have to apply and appear for MAH-MBA/MMS CET conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra.
- Scores of CAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT/ATMA/XAT scores are also accepted for K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admission.
- Candidates have to secure the required percentile and have to meet the K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai cutoff.
- Aspirants meeting the K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai cutoff requirement have to participate in the MAH MBA CET counselling process or Centralized Admission Process (CAP) for choice filling, choice locking, document verification and seat allotment.
- After the seat allotment process candidates have to submit K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai application form for the further admission process and then get the documents verified and pay the requisite course fee.
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management admission will be based on the marks secured in the entrance exam, participation in MAH-MBA/MMS CET counselling process or Centralized Admission Process (CAP), document verification and fee payment.
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Admission Procedure For PGDM - IB/FS/Comm/RM/HCM
- Candidates have to apply and appear for CAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT and obtain a valid score for K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admission.
- Candidates will have to apply online on the official website of KJ Somaiya Institute of Management and submit it along with the requisite documents.
- Profile-based selection is the admission criteria for HCM.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the Common Admission Test (CAT) or Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) or Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- As per the K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admission criteria, the shortlisted candidates will have to fill the Candidate Profile Form and Statement of Purpose (SOP).
- Further, candidates will be called for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) at K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai, Mumbai.
- Based on GD and PI a KJ Somaiya Institute of Management merit list is released and candidates are finally selected based on the following parameters.
- Candidates will be selected on the parameters mentioned below for the further K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admission process:
- Qualifying Exam - 35%
- Personal Interview - 25%
- Case-Based GD - 17%
- Past Academic Records - 10%
- Achievements - 8%
- Work Experience - 5%
- The selected candidates have to get the documents verified and pay the requisite fee in order to confirm the K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admissions.
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Admission Procdure for Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Candidates will have to apply online on the official website of K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai and submit it along with the requisite documents.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to fill the Candidate Profile Form and Statement of Purpose (SOP).
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Personal Interview (PI).
- The final selection of candidates will be done on the following for the further K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admission process:
- Personal Interview - 30%
- Qualifying Exam - 50%
- Statement of Purpose - 5%
- Past Academic Records - 5%
- Outstanding Achievements - 10%
- Candidates selected on the parameters mentioned above will be finally selected for KJ Somaiya Institute of Management admission after they get the documents verified and pay the fee.
K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai Admission Procedure for Part-Time MHRDM/MIM/MMM/MFM
- Candidates will have to apply online on the official website of K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai and submit all the requisite documents for K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admission.
- Candidates will have to appear for the Online Admissions Test, Written Case Analysis, Statement of Purpose and Personal Interview.
- Candidates will be selected on the following parameters for the further K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admission process:
- Online Exam - 30%
- Written Case Analysis - 10%
- Statement of Purpose - 10%
- Personal Interview - 50%
- The list of selected candidates will be displayed on the official website of the Institute and only these candidates will be eligible to be a part of the last stage of KJ Somaiya Institute of Management admission process that comprises of the verification of documents and fee payment.
- Subsequent to the document verification and fee payment the K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai admission will be confirmed.
Management and Business Administration (P.G.D.M)
SIMSR Exams and Cutoffs
SIMSR Student Reviews
Post Graduate Program in Retail Management from KJ SIMSR
Great exposure and plethora of opportunities
Industry exposure is the key thing
Last Seen: 24 Sep' 16
Joined On: 24 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
Hectic but amazing
Joined On: 19 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
(Rank 17th in Private)
Questions related to SIMSR
what is date of addmission Start form
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai (SIMSR) has closed its PGDM 2020 admission process. Now the GD/PI process is continuing for final selection. The college has closed its PGDM 2020 admission on February 6, 2020. The institute has started its GD/PI process for final selection. The classes for new batch will commence in July 2020. Keep visiting the official website for more details.
Hope this helps!
SET exam is also accept for MBA admission
No, SET is not for MBA.
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2020 is a university level entrance test conducted for offering admission to candidates in undergraduate programs offered by Symbiosis University.You can get admission in Bachelor's level courses through SET and MBA is Postgraduate course.
I hope this helps
I got 74.65 percentile in XAT . I belong to OBC category. can i apply in KJ Somaiya and welingkar institute for HR specialization. is their any girls quota in these colleges ?
- XIME Bangalore (fees = 10 lakhs)
- XISS Ranchi (8 lakhs)
- Praxis Kolkata (4.4 lakhs)
- Great Lakes Gurgaon (11.76 lakhs)
- IMT Hyderabad (12 lakhs)
- NL Dalmia Mumbai (9.3 lakhs)
- SIES Mumbai (7.9 lakhs)
- NDIM New Delhi (9.3 lakhs)
All of them are decent colleges in terms of both academics and placements and you can easily get an average compensation package of around 6-7 lakhs.
And if you want to pursue Human Resource Management and build a good career in that then XISS would be a great option which will provide you great returns on investment. The average compensation package offered for HR is nearly 9-10 lakhs.
I have 82.05 percentile in XAT Class X - 92.6 Class XII - 87.4 BE - 83.1 Work Ex - 3+ Do I have chance to get a call from KJ Somaiya
- IIFM Bhopal
- XIME Bangalore
- IFMR Chennai
- IMT Nagpur and Hyderabad
- Prin LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research
- Christ University Bangalore
- Great Lakes Gurgaon and others.
These colleges will also offer you good placement opportunities and good academics and you must try to attend as many interview processes as possible to get enough options to choose from.
how many score can i get in MH CET exam to get admission in your college.
The expected cutoff for K.J. somaiya college is 1124-1454,
Below this it will be difficult to get admission in this college.so study hard as the cutoff is really high.
Best of luck.
SIMSR Notable Alumni
SIMSR Related Articles
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai, is the constituent B-school ....
SIMSR releases the application form for PGDM Batch 2020 - K. J. Somaiya Ins....
Management education has undergone a change due to advent of technology and students’ expectations: Dr Monica Khanna, Director Incharge, KJSIMSR, Mumbai
In an interview with Careers360, Dr. Monica Khanna, Incharge Director, K ....
SIMSR Latest News
SIMSR Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The Institute has a state of the art hostel facilities, separately for boys within the campus.
The Institute has a state of the art hostel facilities, separately for girls within the campus.
The college has health center with first aid facility for the students.
The college has Gym facility for the students.
The college has the library facility for all students.
The college has the sports facilities for all students.
The college has excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
The college has a canteen facility for staff and students.
The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminar.
The college has a good networking for alumni association.
The college has Wi-Fi facility for the students and staff.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: