About Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi (XISS) was established in the year 1955. It was started as an extension department of St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi with an aim to provide education in the field of Rural Development, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations. The institute was registered as a separate educational society in 1973 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
XISS is located at Dr. Camil Bulcke Path, Pathalkudwa, Nayatoli, Ranchi, Jharkhand. Ranchi Railway Station is around 4 km away and Birsa Munda Airport is around 8 km away from the institute. Khadgarha Bus Stand is about 2 km away from the institute. Students can take a taxi or bus to reach the institute.
Accreditation and Collaborations:
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- International Council on Management of Population Programmes (ICOMP)
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- CASC (Cultural and Sports Committee): This committee provides a platform for cultural activities like singing, dancing and dramatics.
- PHONiX (Promoting Human Operations & Event Nurturing in XISS): This is a democratic committee that organises management games, business, quizzes, paper presentations, guest lectures and knowledge sharing activities.
- XAR (Xavier Alumni Relations): This committee update contacts and keep in touch with the Institute’s vast populace of alumni spread across the world.
- MART Voice: This committee comprises of four clubs like Kotler Marketing Group, Buffet Finance Group, Dhirubhai Entrepreneurship Group and InFi Group operate. Theses clubs engage students in case competitions, management games, business quiz, debates, financial analysis, market research, etc. that helps them to improve their analytical, logical and interpersonal skills.
- PRAKRITI – The Official Students Club of Rural Management Programme: This motive of this club is to link the corporate world to the rural sector in a way that every student and alumni achievements get wide coverage.
- OBSCURA – The Media Club of XISS: The Club was started in the year 2015 by a group of like-minded students who came together for the betterment of the institution. It also covers all the XISS related happenings.
- Embark: This Club provides a platform for students to showcase their talent, honing business skills and exhibiting creativity by hosting pan-India online competitions.
- Internal Complaints Committee: This Committee looks into the complaints of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace. It also prevents and prohibits any kind of mishappening taking place.
Courses & Fees
Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi Admission Process:
Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi offers admission to the postgraduate courses.XISS admission will be done on the basis of the marks scored in a CAT/XAT/CMAT examinations followed by a group discussion and a personal interview. Students can check the details of the Xavier Institute of Social Service admission process in the further article:
For Postgraduate Courses:
- Candidates have to qualify any of these entrance examinations: CAT/XAT/CMAT.
- They will have to apply separately at XISS, Ranchi for admission based on the scores of the aforesaid exams.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the score obtained in CAT/XAT/CMAT.
- Further, the selected candidates will have to appear for Group Discussion (GD) followed by a Personal Interview (PI).
- The final selection will be based on the following parameters: Entrance Test Score (40%), Past Academic Record (20%), GD (5%), PI(30%).
Management and Business Administration (P.G.D.M)
Exams and Cutoffs
It has been good so far and one can give this a try.
Last Seen: 14 Aug' 20
Joined On: 23 Nov' 17
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- PGDM Human Resource Management
Xavier atmosphere ' s honestly has a pretty decent atmospher
So far, a great experience.
XISS Ranchi - it's the place to be.
Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi Facilities:
Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi provides several infrastructural facilities for the students and staff such as a guest house for the guests, library with a rich collection of books, conference and seminar halls. XISS also has IT infrastructure, classrooms, auditorium to conduct events, cafeteria to serve food to the students, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, fitness centre that can be used by the students to maintain their physical fitness. The details of these facilities are given below:
- Library and Documentation Centre: XISS has a well-stocked library that contains various books, journals, encyclopaedias, almanacs and magazines.
- Hostels: The Institute has separate hostels for boys and girls. The Hostel Canteen serves nutritious and healthy food cooked under hygienic conditions
- IT Infrastructure: This provides a facility like a computer lab with the latest software, GIS, LAN facility, remote sensing lab and video conferencing facility, etc.
- Classrooms: The Classrooms of XISS is fully air-conditioned and spacious with modern audio-video equipment for effective teaching and learning.
- Auditorium: The Institute has a fully air-conditioned auditorium that is used for seminars, cultural events and others.
- Fitness Centre: XISS has a well-equipped fitness centre for students with a full-time trainer along with the best equipment.
- Playground: The Institute has a playground and a basketball court for students. This facility provides a break from the studies and helps students to reduce their stress.
- Cafeteria: Cafeteria provides nutritious meals that are served to the students and faculty and cater to the needs and tastes of the students.
- Conference and Seminar hall: XISS has a conference hall, seminar hall, and an air-conditioned faculty lounge and board rooms for any high demand meetings and conferences.
- Guest House: The Guest House is available for the family members of students and faculty visiting the college for 2-3 days.
Questions related to Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
This year in XISS can we get direct admission on the basis of our graduation marks due to covid-19?
The admission to XISS(Xavier Institute of Social Sciences) Ranchi is based on CAT/XAT/CMAT.The candidates should have valid score in any of the above national level examinations.Shortlisted students will be able to participate in the further rounds(Group discussion and personal interview)Depending upon the covid situations the group discussion or personal interview may be conducted online.There is no information regarding the direct admission.Refer the following links for more detailed information
Should I opt to XISS Ranchi PGDM IT or take a drop this year according to situation. please suggest
I hope you are doing well. If u want to take a drop u are free to do so but I won't suggest u this. Taking drops can be create a gap between you and ur studies due to this you can loose touch with your studies and u may lack the interest to study again. If u can cope up than yes u can surely take a drop or else study hard.
Hope this helps!!
i have been selected for Admission in IMS Ghaziabad in pgdm marketing and IT.Today I got an offer from XISS Ranchi for pgdm rural management. I have already deposited 65000 to IMS ghaziabad which is refundable if declined. My parents want me to go to xiss ranchi but NGO and villages dont appeal me.
If we compare IMS Gaziabad and Xiss ranchi for it's specific specialisation, then undoubtedly with past records rural management at xiss ranchi stands at a better position. Rural management may involve you in NGo and travelling to villages to work in those areas but that's not always the case. MBA graduates in rural management is also required in CSR wings of the corporate and public sector, livelihoods focused organisations, micro-finance institutions, small finance banks among others.But moreover it's your decision and you should choose the field which interest you the most. Also if you are taking admission this year, then I'll recommend you to please take college reputation in the industry into consideration as placements are going to be severally affected due to covid-19.
how is pgdm rural management from XISS Ranchi
XISS ranchi is a renowed Institute for management studies. There are two management courses at xiss ranchi which are considered very good in terms of placement and education. One is human resource and other one is rural development. And if you are looking for admission in rural development at xiss then you can definitely go for it..
Nirma Mba or Xiss Hr which should i join?
No offense against any institutes as both of this institute are very well known and have their own pros and advantages. But if I were about to choose, I would have gone with NIRMA UNIVERSITY, AHMEDABAD. It's ranked among the top 30 B-schools of India and is one of the best in the field as well as it has great faculty and educational facilities along with well equipped labs and infrastructure. The placement opportunities are also decent.
Refer to the sites below to know about detail about both of the colleges...
Both of them have fees close to 10 lakhs per annum.
Best wishes. Thank you.
Xavier Institute of Social Science has released the application form for th....
‘The corporate world look out for people comfortable with volatility,’ says Dr. (Fr.) Alexius Ekka, Director, XISS Ranchi
Dr. (Fr.) Alexius Ekka, Director, XISS Ranchi, speaks to Careers360 on how ....
Since last 60 years, XISS has been nurturing professionals with a differen....
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The Institute has well-furnished Hostels for boys and Faculty Quarters in a separate campus of its own which is at a walking distance from the main premises.
The Institute has well-furnished Hostels for girls and Faculty Quarters in a separate campus of its own which is at a walking distance from the main premises.
First Aid Medical facility available on the college campus.
An active mind lives in a healthy body. So going by these words, the institute has a well-equipped, modern state of the art Fitness Centre on the campus. Services of a full-time trainer along with the best equipment are available for the students.
The Institute has a well-stocked library with the treasure of books. It has over 45000 volumes of books. Along with the books, there are Journals, Encyclopedias, Almanacs and Magazines. The library subscribes to more than 150 periodicals. Moreover, XISS library is also equipped with e-library facilities. the library provides CAS (current Awareness Service) through Indexing Services and new Arrival List, both of which are computerized.
The Institute has its own playground and basketball court which the students use extensively to let off the strain of a very demanding student life at XISS. Sports provide a break from the rigor of intensive study and help the students to be in good shape.
In this IT dominated era, the Institute has a state of the art Computer Lab and resource center. In the competitive and challenging corporate arena the institute’s IT Lab hosts a range of latest software together with the LAN facility with over 90 terminals and the necessary hardware support to synchronize with the IT needs.Wire Less Fidelity - The wi-fi enabled campus sets the tune for 24 X 7 global connectivity which helps students in their college assignments & research projects.
An equipped cafeteria caters to the needs and tastes of the students from diverse backgrounds. Hot and nutritious meals from the college canteen add to the diet of the students. It has the capacity to host 150 students in a single go.
The Institute’s air-conditioned auditorium is housed in its main building. It is well furnished with a seating capacity of 300 which is extensively used for hosting seminars, cultural and other functions.
An Alumni Association available on the college campus.
The wi-fi enabled campus sets the tune for 24 X 7 global connectivity which helps students in their college assignments & research projects.
The Institute also has a Guest house, which can accommodate 30 participants for various Management Development Programmes
There are 12 air-conditioned, big and spacious classrooms with modern audio-video equipment for effective teaching as well as learning experience. All the classrooms have a lecture - theatre setup with plenty of natural light and ventilation.
The college has the parking space facility for its faculty, staff, and students.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: