Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota was established by the Government of Rajasthan in the year 2006. The campus spreads over 385 acres of land. The University is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). RTU offers undergraduate (Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.), Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) and Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)), postgraduate courses (Master of Technology (M.Tech.), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Applications (MCA)) and doctoral (Ph.D) courses in various areas.
RTU is located at Akelgarh, Kota, Rajasthan. Dakaniya Talav Railway Station is 8.7 km away and Rawatbhata Bus Stand is 6.5 km away from the University. Kota Airport is 7.6 km away from the Institute. Students can hire a cab or a bus to reach Rajasthan Technical University.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- RTU is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- RTU is also accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- LADO CAD Technology
- Seldom India
- InPods to improve student Academic & employment Outcomes
- Bhardwaj Foundation Jaipur
- Ecollabs Infomix Pvt Ltd, Noida
- Cranes Software International Limited, Bangalore
- IISC, Bangalore
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Aeromodelling Club: This Club helps students in developing and learning various aerodynamic skills. Students get to know about the fine details of testing and constructing aero models.
- Technocryptics: This Club provides a platform for the students to bring out their technical talents. It also organises various technical and logical based quizzes for the students.
- Techknights: This Club organises live programming and gaming sessions where students can participate and can enhance their programming development and gaming skills.
- Robotics Club: This Club provides a platform for the students to showcase their innovation and creativity. It also helps students in creating robots that can also work without the involvement of humans.
- Words Worth: This Club organises literary events on a regular basis to promote the activities related to the language and literature.
- Marketing Club: This is the marketing club that deals with the management and marketing systems. It also teaches about the marketing strategies to the students and make them learn about how to convince companies for sponsorships.
- Drama Club: This Club provides a platform to students to showcase their talents through acting skills, expressions and drama.
- Dance Club: This Club is for the dance lovers. Different forms of dance are performed by this group like Classical, Folk, Contemporary.
- Music Club: This Club is for the musicians who perform different forms of singing like classical, rock, soft rock, fusion and pop. They also participate in competitions, stage performances and concerts, etc.
- NSS: It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
Exams and Cutoffs
Rajasthan Technical University offers admission to various undergraduate (B.Tech, B.Arch, BHMCT), postgraduate (M.Tech, M.Arch, MBA) and doctoral (Ph.D) courses. Admission to B.Tech course is done through JEE Main examination while for B.Arch aspirants have to qualify the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) exam. Further, the candidates have to appear for the counselling process. For admission to postgraduate courses, candidates have to qualify GATE/CMAT examination while for doctoral courses aspirants have to qualify RTU DAT examination followed by an interview. The detailed admission processes are given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Tech/B.Arch/BHMCT):
- For B.Tech, candidates have to qualify the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
- For B.Arch, candidates have to qualify for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA).
- Aspirants have to register for the centralized counselling (REAP) process by paying the registration fee. REAP may have one to five rounds of admission.
- Final admission will be offered to the candidates after choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Tech/M.Arch/MBA/MCA):
- For M.Tech/M.Arch, candidates have to appear and qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Eligible candidates have to register online for the Centralized Admission for M.Tech/M.Arch by the registration fee.
- Admissions will be offered to the candidates after choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- For MBA, candidates have to qualify for the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT).
- Admission will be done on the basis of the marks scored in CMAT, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Doctoral Courses (Ph.D):
- The candidates should apply online at RTU Doctoral Admission Test (RTU DAT) website by paying the registration fee.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the RTU DAT written examination followed by an interview.
- Final admission will be offered after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Rajasthan Technical University offers varied infrastructural facilities for the students and faculty like a library with a wide collection of books, residential accommodation for boys and girls, canteen to serve hygienic food to them, sports facilities so that students can take a break from their busy schedule, labs for the practical training, gymnasium for the physical fitness, dispensary for any illness or emergencies. Other facilities like Wi-Fi, bank, post office, etc are also available for them.
- Library: RTU has a library inside the premises with a collection of books, national and international journals of all streams. The Library has a digital corner as well.
- Residential Accommodation: Hostel facilities are available for the students inside the college premises. Separate hostels are allotted for the boys and girls with a mess and recreation facilities for them.
- Canteen: Canteen facilities are available for the students at the college premises that serves hygienic food to ensure that they get a well balanced diet.
- Sports Facilities: RTU provides both indoor and outdoor games facilities like badminton, table tennis, football, swimming pool, lawn tennis, etc.
- Labs: Rajasthan Technical University has a laboratory for every department for the students so that they can have practical knowledge of what they learn.
- Gymnasium: For the physical of the students, the College has gymnasium facilities for the students with all the necessary equipment and machines.
- Dispensary: The University has dispensary for any kind of first aid or medical help for the students and staff. Ambulance is available for any emergency cases.
My experience was excellent.
It's all good.
Last Seen: 15 Jun' 20
Joined On: 15 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
Just go with it.
Questions related to RTU Kota
Sir RTU University ke final year enggerning students ke exam date kb tak aa jayei
Because of this global crisis there is not any surety about exam for any university will they be conducted or not, for now some of the universities are trying to schedule their exam in July and some of the Universities/ colleges have cancelled their exam and some are opting the way of open book exam so because of this date is not sure that when it will come so till then I would suggest you to wait and take the help of official website of college or university in order to be updated with all notifications.
Best of luck.
I got 80 percentile in jan jee mains and belong to ST category can I get any good branch in MBM jodhpur Or RTU kota can you some idea of last year students ST candidate percentile who got this colleges or should work hard for July jee mains
You have good percentile but admission is done on the basis of rank. Many candidates have same percentile but rank is unique for everyone. This brings a big change in numbers.
If you have a rank below 50k then there is good chance that you'll get an admission. Previous year cutoff is not available for jee mains. You have reservation category so you will get more college option through categorical rank.
If you applied for July exam then you should prepare your best. It doesn't matter what it will happen. Try to do your best so that you get better score then January session. Best out of two session will be considered for admission.
Hope it helps
As I get 80 percentile in jee mains can I get RTU kota Or MBM jodhpur CSE branch as belong to ST category can you give come idea of previous year ST percentile of jee mains of students who get this colleges so that I can work hard in July jee mains to get this college
According to your percentile your near about rank would be around 2 Lakh. On the basis of this rank you cannot get CSE branch in any of the college viz. RTU Kota or MBM Jodhpur.
As you belongs to the reserved category ST so you will get some advantage of it for sure. In order to get your seat confirmed in CSE Branch in above colleges you need to secure 92 percentile or more.
You should try to prepare for the above target and for this we can help you, you can attend our Mega Revision Marathon for JEE-Main July session fully free of cost through given link -
I hope this information helps you.
I got 85 percentile in jee mains and less marks in board so taking admission in MBM or RTU kota how many subject mark are considered for eligibility as belong to ST category
With 85 percentile your expected all India rank will be around 130351.5
As you are from St category, you are qualified in jee main. Previous year's cut off for qualifying Jee main was 44+ percentile for St category. Though your Jee main according to your category is good but as you have mentioned that you got less marks in your xii board . You have not mentioned your xii board marks. Seeing to your category, for BE /B tech courses you should get minimum 40% in PCM in xii board. For admission to NIT and IIT Colleges you should score minimum 65% in PCM ( it is 75% for general category)
On basis of Eligibility. Criteria for different courses you can estimate whether you will get admission to MBM or RTU KOTA.
However if you are eligible then Admission will depend on but offs of these colleges. Cut off varies each year. So after jee main July session you can follow the link given below for college prediction
I got 85 percentile in jee mains but got less marks in board exam so for eligible criteria for mbm jodhpur or RTU kota only PCM percentage is considered in 12 or with 5 subject percentage is considered or with practical marks also considered with 5 subject as I also belong to ST category
According to the norms decided for Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP) you have to opt that whether you want admission on the basis of you percentage of 12th or from JEE-Main Percentile. If you opt 'On 12th basis" than you should enter your percentage of four subjects that are Physics Chemistry Mathematics and English. On the basis of this percentage your name will be included in merit list.
I hope this information helps you.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: