Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia was established by the Government of West Bengal in the year 1995. The institute is also known as KGEC Nadia. KGEC is affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam University of Technology (MAKAUT) formally West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) and the college is an autonomous institute. The programmes offered by the institute are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi. Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students.
KGEC is located at College Road, University Of Kalyani, Kalyani in West Bengal. Kalyani Ghoshpara Railway Station is around 2 km away from the institute. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is approximately 51 km away and Pandua Bus Depot is around 27 km away from the college. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
KGEC Nadia is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Club, Committees and Societies
National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
E-Cell: This cell provides a platform and nurtures aspiring entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business ideas and helps the students to become successful entrepreneurs.
Keygen Coders: This Club is an initiative to embolden the budding coding minds through regular code classes, robust coding competitions and geeky sessions.
Litmus, Literacy Society
Nova Astronomy Club: This club promotes amateur astronomy and provides lectures and talks by students, faculty and other renowned institutions.
Les Quizerabvles: This is the Quiz Club of the college that has students having a curious nature who organises and participates in various quizzes.
Riyaz, Music Club: The members of this Club organise various musical events and programmes for the students and it provides a platform to the students to showcase their musical talent.
Elysium: Dance club is responsible for organising all the dance events at Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia. It organises dance events in many forms.
Chitrank: This is the Art and Decoration club of the college promotes arts and provides a platform to the students to showcase their skills in the field of art through their creativity.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
Exams and Cutoffs
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE) conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks secured in the WBJEE Exam.
- Candidates meeting the cut off requirement have to register for WBJEE Counselling.
- Further, the aspirants have to participate in the counselling process for choice filling, choice locking and seat allotment.
- Final admission will be based on the rank secured, participation in the counselling process, choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for West Bengal University of Technology Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) conducted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal.
- For GATE students, admission will be based on the basis of valid GATE scores.
- Based on the marks secured in PGET and GATE scores, a merit list will be prepared.
- Based on the merit list, candidates have to participate in the counselling process.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of merit, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board conducts the Common Joint Entrance Examination conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board.
- Further, on the basis of rank secured in the WB JECA, candidates have to participate in the counselling process.
- Final admission will be based on the rank secured, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostel for boys and girls. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Kgec where your journey as an engineer begins
My dream college through my eyes
My college through my eyes
My dream college Kalyani Government Engineering College
MY HONEST COLLEGE CONFESSION
Last Seen: 07 Apr' 20
Joined On: 28 May' 17
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
Questions related to Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia
please anyone send any pdf expected cutt off marks in wbjee exam.... in the college of 1-iem 2- heritage 3- ju 4- kgec... please
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board release the cut-off for WBJEE every year after the declaration of results. It is not easy to predict the cut-off for any exam because cut-off depends upon various factors like
- Number of candidates appeared in exam.
- Availability of seats
- Difficulty level of paper
- And many more
Hence cut-off are bound to change every year by taking consideration of above factors.
However you can get a rough idea from previous years cut-offs for WBJEE, link for the same is given below -
I hope this information helps you.
Can anyone please tell me to get admission in KGEC what GMR is needed in Jelet for the trade of Electronics and Communication Engineering ?
Government engineering college accept JEE mains for admission of students into different streams of engineering.
For core branch like ECE, EEE,EIE , rank considered goes upto 10 lakhs. If you have any reservation category then it will help you to get admission. They also consider state engineering entrance exam if any.
ECE is a top and demanded stream which has high contribution in automation which is the leading domain or trending stream now.
Hope it helps!
how much percentage is required in 12th for admission?
Hello student you need to appear in WBJEE to get admission in kalyani engineering college Nadia.
Eligibility criteria - candidates must passed or appearing class 12 with physics chemistry and mathematics with minimum 45 percent marks aggregate from a recognized board.
For more updates refer to the link mentioned below
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
Is a B.tech in Electrical Engineering & M.tech in Illumination Technology & Design or M.tech in Laser Technology or M.tech in such FISLM course (degree offered by School of JU) from Jadavpur qualified student eligible for ASSISTANT PROFESSOR recruitment for Govt Engg College of WB by WBPSC?
According to the rules, you should atleast have a Ph.D degree in the concerned discipline and having a good academic record is important. You need to complete your Masters degree in relevant discipline with atleast 55% or equivalent grade in the point system. You should have a good quality publications. You should also have a minimum 8 years work experience of teaching and research in a position equal to Assistant Professor. If you have this criteria, and then there are vacancies, you can apply for the position of Assistant Professor.
Which is better college for WBUT PGET - KGEC or NITTR KOLKATA. I am a B.tech on Electrical Engineering.
KGEC (Kalyani Government Engineering College) is a better option thanNITTTR.
KGEC offers excellent infrastructure including lots of other facilities like central library, sports, music, wifi etc.It also has highly qualified teaching staffs having years of experience.
However, almost same facilities are provided by NITTTR too but the one main are where KGEC wins is what matters the most and that is placement.
KGEC has a good placement record whereas NITTTR does offers placements.
So, now you can decide accordingly.
I hope this helps.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: