Stay up-to date with MET News
About MET 2021
MET 2021 - Manipal Academy of Higher Education has conducted MET 2021 exam as a remote proctored mode from June 11 to 14. As per the MET 2021 exam pattern, The test for B.Tech admission was held of two hours duration consisting of multiple-choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics English, and General Aptitude.
MET 2021 scorecard will be available in online mode. Candidates will be able to download the same using their application number and password. Candidates who are appearing for the MET 2021 exam can check their scorecard right after the completion of the test. The final result will be released in the form of a MET 2021 merit list/rank list.
MET 2021 - Exam day guidelines for remote proctored exam
- Candidates must have laptop/desktop with windows 7/8/8.1/10 and 2 GB RAM.
- The minimum internet speed required to appear for MET 2021 exam is 512 Kilobits per sec (Kbps).
- Candidates are not allowed to switch browser, doing so can lead to the disqualification from admission process.
- Applicants have to disable antivirus from the system at the time of Safe Exam Browser (SEB) download.
MET Remote Proctored Exam Guidelines - Click Here
What is MET exam?
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) formerly known as Manipal University offers admissions to various programs in engineering, management, hospitality, media through Manipal Entrance Test (MET). The test will be conducted in online mode (computer based).
MET 2021: B.Tech Courses Offered
Manipal Institute of Technology offers four years B.Tech programmes in the following branches,
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Communication
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Industrial and Production
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering
MET 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Manipal Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||MET|
|Conducting Body||Manipal Academy of Higher Education|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2000 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||MET B.A. Media offline|
|MET B.Tech - Duration||2 Hours 18 Minutes+3 More|
MET 2021 Important Dates
MET B.A. Media (Session 2021)
Past Dates and Events
11 Apr, 2021 - 10 Jul, 2021
Application - Phase 2 | Mode: Online
11 Dec, 2020 - 10 Apr, 2021
Application - Phase 1 | Mode: Online
MET B.Tech (Session 2021)
Past Dates and Events
11 Jun, 2021 - 14 Jun, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
01 Jun, 2021 - 07 Jun, 2021
Slot Booking | Mode: Online
11 Apr, 2021 - 05 Jun, 2021
Application | Mode: Online
01 Jun, 2021
Admit Card | Mode: Online
MET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
As per the eligibility criteria of MET for B. Tech determined by the Manipal Institute of Technology, candidates must be,
- A citizen of India.
- The applicant must have passed 10+2, IB, A-level, American 12 th grade, or any equivalent exam.
- Candidates must have compulsory subjects which include Maths, English, and Physics.
- The optional subject that candidates must have in addition should include vocational subjects such as Biotechnology, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% marks taken together in Maths, Physics, and one of the optional subjects.
MET B.A. Media Eligibility Criteria
There are various eligibility criteria of 2021 MET determined by the exam conducting authority based on nationality and education qualification of the candidates.
Nationality: The students applying for the MET BA Media must be a citizen of India.
Education Qualification: Students applying for the course must have passed 10+2, American 12th grade, IB with not less than 45%.
The Arts group subjects will be referred to as the preferred qualification of MET BA Media.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Paytm | Other
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) released the application form of MET in online mode at manipal.edu. Candidates were required to check the eligibility criteria of MET before filling the online application form. The application form had to be submitted on or before June 7. MET 2021 registration includes initial registration, filling in personal details and course selection, application fee payment, uploading documents, and submission of the application form.
How to fill MET 2021 Application Form
- MET 2021 Registration - To fill the application form, candidates have to register by entering their email-id, mobile number, and password. Once the candidate register, the account ID and password are generated and sent through SMS and email on the registered number and mail address.
- Fill in the MET application form 2021 - Use newly generated account ID and password to log-in and enter the personal details like name, contact, dates of birth, etc, along with uploading of photograph and signature.
- Selection of Course - Once the personal details are entered, candidates have to select the course they are applying for. Also, they have to enter their category, exam centre, and all the requisite academic details.
- Uploading Documents - Candidates need to submit a photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
|Size & Format|
4.5 x 3.5 cm
|300 KB & JPEG|
|300 KB & JPEG|
- Payment of MET 2021 application fees - The application fee should be paid in online mode through Debit card/Credit card/Net banking.
MET 2021 Application Fees - The application fees that need to be paid is Rs. 2,000 (It include application fees of Rs. 600 + Entrance test fee of Rs. 1,400)
- Submission of MET application form - Once all the information is entered and the application fee is paid, candidates have to submit the form and take a printout of it for future reference.
|SC, General, OBC, ST||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 2000|
MAHE has released the MET 2021 syllabus on the official website. Candidates must check the syllabus of MET 2021 carefully such that they do not miss out on any important topic.
Candidates without proper preparation tips for the MET exam will not be able to ace the examination. So, they should follow a MET 2021 preparation strategy to crack the exam with a good score. Candidates who will have a perfect study plan will definitely crack in the exam. Some of the important preparation tips for the MET exam are provided below.
MET 2021 Syllabus & Exam Pattern: Before starting MET exam preparation, it is important to know the syllabus and exam pattern well. They should understand the topics that will be asked in the exam.
MET 2021 Best Books for Preparation - Candidates should follow the best books for the MET exam preparation.
|Physics||Chemistry||Mathematics||English & General Aptitude|
Concepts of Physics Part-1, H. C. Verma
Understanding Physics (Volume-1), DC Pandey
Understanding Physics (Volume-2), DC Pandey
Concepts of Physics Part-2, H. C. Verma
Optics and Modern Physics, DC Pandey
Electricity and Magnetism, DC Pandey
Waves and Thermodynamics, DC Pandey
Organic Chemistry, Morrison Boyd
Concise Inorganic Chemistry, J.D. Lee
A modern approach to chemical calculations, R.C. Mukherjee
Organic Chemistry (G.R. Bathla Publications)-Part 1, O. P. Tandon & A. K. Virmani
Organic Chemistry (G.R. Bathla Publications)-Part 2, O. P. Tandon & A. K. Virmani
Inorganic Chemistry, O. P. Tandon
Physical Chemistry, P. Bahadur
Algebra (Arihant), SK Goyal
Problems in Calculus, S.L. Loney.
Trigonometry, Geometry Books, I.A. Maron.
Class XII Mathematics, R.D. Sharma
Higher Algebra, Hall and Knight
Wren n Martin, Revised by Dr.N.D.V.Prasada Rao
Objective General English, S.P.Bakshi.
General Aptitude, R.S.Agarwal
Time Management - Candidates need to improve their time management by taking the mock test regularly. They can also able to find strong and weak areas to work on.
Revision - Candidates should allocate time at the end of each day for a revision. It is important to have a proper revision. They have to make flashcards / short notes for important formulas and keep revising them regularly.
MET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam authorities will release the exam pattern of MET 2021 along with the release of official notification. Candidates who are preparing for the exam should go through the MET exam pattern 2021 thoroughly. This will help them to improve the MET exam preparation.
MET Exam Pattern 2021
Computer Based Test
Duration of Exam
Two Hours (120 Minutes)
Types of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
Sectional Distribution (MCQs)
Sectional Distribution (NATs)
Total Number of Questions
Marking Scheme (MCQ)
Four marks will be awarded for correct answers and 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect responses
Marking Scheme (NAT)
Four marks will be awarded for correct answers; There is no negative marking
MET B.B.A Exam Pattern
MET B.Pharma Exam Pattern
Group- 1 (2.30 hrs)
|English & General Aptitude||30|
|Total||200 questions |
Group – 2 (2.30 hrs)
|English & General Aptitude||30|
|Total||200 questions |
MET B.A. Media Exam Pattern
MET mass communication exam pattern comprises all the details regarding the computer-based test. The question paper consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The detailed exam pattern of MET 2021 mass communication are listed below.
- MET 2021 mass communication question paper comprises of 120 MCQs, candidates have to choose the right answer from the given choices.
- The language of the exam will be in English only.
- The negative marking scheme is applicable.
- A paper will be given by the invigilator to the candidates for rough work.
MET Mass Communication Exam Pattern 2021
The admit card of MET exam has been released for candidates who booked the slots for the test. MET 2021 admit card was issued to all registered candidates after the completion of slot booking.
Candidates could download their admit card by logging on to the official website by using their application number and the password after online test booking. The admit of MET was also sent to the candidates on their respective e-mail IDs from where they must get their admit cards printed.
How to download MET Hall Ticket 2021:
After the completion of the MET 2021 slot booking, follow the steps below to download the admit card of MET,
- Open the official website - manipal.edu.
- Click on the MET admit card link on the web page.
- Enter Application Number and Password.
- The admit card/hall ticket will appear on the screen.
- Download it as a PDF file and take a printout of the same.
Details specified on the MET admit card 2021:
Candidates can find the details below on the hall ticket / admit card of MET 2021,
- Candidate's Name
- Application Number
- Course Applied Details
- Date & Time of Exam
- Test Centre Venue
- Exam Duration
- Date of Birth
MET Admit Card 2021: Guidelines
- It must be noted that the admit card of MET is not sent to the candidates by post or fax.
- On the day of the examination, candidates have to bring two copies of the admit card to the test exam centre.
- Along with the admit card, candidates also have to bring any one of the photo ID proofs or a School/College photo-bearing ID card.
MET 2021 mass communication slot booking for UG programs will be commenced in online mode. Candidates have to log in and choose their test slot as per their convenience. Manipal University’s school of communication will release MET 2021 mass communication within twenty-four hours of slot booking. The MET mass communication admit card will be available in online mode. A copy of the MET call letter will be sent to the registered email ID of the student. On the day of the exam, candidates are required to take at least two prints of their admit card.
The exam authorities opened the slot booking process for MET exam from June 1 to 7. In order to book a slot for MET 2021 exam, candidates had to login to the website by using the application number and password.
Candidates are able to download their admit card after the completion of the MET slot booking 2021. Candidates who do not perform the MET 2021 slot booking process within specified dates, will be allotted a slot by the exam authority as per the seat availability.
MET Slot Booking 2021 Procedure
Candidates can follow the detailed steps below to book a slot for MET exam 2021,
- 1st Step: Login - Candidates need to log in to the website by using the application number, password, and security code.
- 2nd Step: Check Details -
- They must check all the details in their profile which includes application number, gender, etc.,
- After clear verification, click on the "book a slot" button.
- 3rd Step: Fill Required Details & Select Slot- Candidates should furnish all required details of slot booking. All the slots available on the dates chosen by the candidates will appear on the screen. If the selected seat is available, they can go for the MET 2021 lot booking confirmation. If a selected slot is unavailable, they need to choose another slot.
- 4th Step: Slot Confirmation - Candidates must confirm their seats by clicking on the "book" button.
- 5th Step: Download MET Hall Ticket 2021 - Finally, after the completion of the slot booking process, candidates can download the admit card/hall ticket.
MET 2021 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Voter ID card
- Aadhar card
- Driving licence
- Pan card
- School/college photo-bearing ID card
Manipal Academy of Higher Education will not release the answer key of MET 2021. As per the previous year's trends, the exam authorities had not released the MET answer key after the conclusion of the examination. If the authorities release the answer key, it will be updated here.
The MET 2021 answer key will have correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam. MAHE is likely to publish the answer key on its official website only. Qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the MET 2021 counselling and seat allotment process based on their score.
MET result in the form of merit list/rank list will be released in online mode only, The merit list of MU OET 2021 will be released by the authorities through which the candidates can check their ranks. The result of MET 2021 has to be downloaded by the candidates for future reference. Admissions into the institute will be done on the basis of MET 2021 ranks.
The result of MET 2021 will also be available in the form of a Scorecard right after the conclusion of the exam. Candidates can use their Application Number and OTBS password to download MET 2021 Score Card. The MET 2021 rank list will be used for counseling and seat allotment. Students who have their name on the merit list will be eligible for admission in MAHE and its MET 2021 participating institutes.
How to Download MET 2021 Rank List:
- Visit the official website of MAHE 2021
- Click on the rank list link on the web page (link will be updated)
- Enter the Application Number
- The rank link will appear on the screen
Steps to Download MET Score Card 2021:
- Go to the MAHE 2021 official website
- Click on the score card link
- Enter the Application Number and OTBS Password
- Click on the login button
- MET 2021 score card will appear on the display
- Save it as a PDF file for future use
Manipal Academy of Higher Education will release the MET cutoff 2021 for the candidates who will appear for the exam. The cut-off of MET exam is the minimum marks required by the candidates to qualify for the further rounds of the admission process. The cut off will be published in the form of opening and closing rank.
The exam authorities will consider various factors while preparing the cutoff which includes the difficulty level of the exam, number of applicants, seat availability, and previous year cutoff trends. MET cutoff will vary for the different courses and institutes.
MET Cutoff Ranks - Previous Years
Candidates can check the cutoff for the previous years specified as under.
MAHE will commence the MET counselling registration in online mode on its official website only. Candidates who qualify in the exam can participate in MET 2021 counselling and seat allotment process. The exam authorities will conduct a total of eight rounds. Candidates will have to log in to the official website using the application number, OTBS Password, captcha code.
Candidates are needed to upload their 11th & 12th class documents and JEE Mains 2021 scorecard / SAT score / any state CET marks. During the MET counselling and seat allotment process, candidates have to register and fill their preferred choices for college online and seats will be allotted based on merit. MAHE will also conduct an additional spot round counselling 2021.
MET Counselling and Seat Allotment 2021 - Procedure (Online)
Candidates will have to register for the online counselling of MET 2021 at the official website. The detailed steps are given below.
- MET Choice Filling & Modification - Candidates will have to log in to the website to choose their preferred college and branch based on their preference. They can also modify their choices.
- Uploading of Documents - Students need to upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- MET 2021 Seat Allotment - Seat will be allocated to the candidates based on their merit.
- Reporting at the Allotted Institute - To confirm the seats, they have to visit the allocated institution. They must carry all necessary documents along with them for the verification process.
NOTE: Check previous year's MET Seat Matrix - Download Here
MET 2021 Participating Institutes:
Candidates can check the list of MET 2021 participating institutes as under.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Transfer certificate
- MET hall ticket 2021
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- 10th class mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Conduct certificate
- Recent passport size photo
- Authorization letter
- JEE Main 2021 scorecard / SAT score / any state CET score
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:When will MAHE release the MET 2021 notification?
MAHE has released the official notification of MET 2021 in December 2021.
Question:When the exam authorities will release the MET exam dates 2021?
The MET 2021 exam dates have been released by the exam authorities on the official website. MET 2021 was held from June 11 to 14.
Question:What are the documents needed for filling the MET 2021 application form?
Before filling the MET application form 2021, Candidates should keep their educational details, internet banking/debit/credit card details, valid email & mobile number, and scanned images of their photograph and signature as per the specifications ready.
Question:What is the helpline number for MET 2021 exam?
Candidates can contact the at 91 9243777700 /11/22/33/44 (9 AM to 5 PM working days) or email us at email@example.com.
Question:How can I fill the MET application form 2021?
Candidates were able to fill the application form of MET 2021 in online mode through the official website - manipal.edu.
Question:How can I download the MET 2021 admit card?
Candidates could download the admit card of MET by log in to the website using the Application Number and Password.
Question:Who prescribes MET Eligibility Criteria 2021?
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) has provided the MET 2021 eligibility criteria along with the official brochure.
Question:Is the exam authorities release the MET 2021 answer key?
No, as per the previous year's trends, MAHE had not released the MET answer key.
Question:What will happen after the MET 2021 rank list is released by the exam authorities?
After the release of the rank list, candidates will be able to invited to participate in the MET 2021 counselling and seat allotment process.
Question:How can I check MET 2021 result?
Candidates need to use their application form number and OTBS password to check their MET result 2021.
Question:What is the last date to apply for Manipal entrance test 2021?
Candidates could apply for MET 2021 exam till June 5.
Question:What is MET 2021 admit card release date?
The MET 2021 admit card release date is June 1.
Question:What are the documents to carry to the MET exam centre?
The following are the documents and items to be taken to the exam hall.
- Printout of MET 2021 hall ticket.
- Printout of duly filled in the declaration form.
- Any one of the photo identification document: Passport / Driving License / EC Voter ID Card / Aadhaar Card / PAN card or School / College photo-bearing ID card
- Pen / Pencil and eraser
- Face mask and personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Transparent water bottle without any labels
Questions related to MET
I got 102 marks in Aeee .I have state quota . which branch will I get? is there any chance for cse?
The cutoff trends changes every year and it depends on the number of students appearing in the examination, difficulty level, number if available seats, etc.
According to your mentioned marks and previous year trends, your rank might be in the range : 15000-16000 (this may or may not be accurate due to varying trends every year).
Though you have a moderate probability of getting CSE in Coimbatore campus.
Ho pe this helps
All the best !
I got 102 marks in Aeee phase 3 and belong to state category.What will be my rank, and will I get cse branch in kerala campus with home state reservation.I hardly need cse branch or nothing.Please please do reply genuinely and honestly
As you have mentioned that you have got 102 marks in AEEE phase 3 and taking into consideration that you belong to state category.
You are wanting to know if you will get cse or not in amrita so, let me tell you that it depends on certain factors and on the basis of that your rank will be predicted.
For more information you can check out the link given below:-
can fees be reduced of electrical branch
Which college you are talking about ?
See, some of the engineering colleges gives fee waiver and scholarships for financially weak student so in that you will get some reduction in your fees.
You can also get scholarship you perform exceptionally well in your exams through which you are getting admission, some colleges give this facility too.
It would have been better you could have mentioned the name of the college then only we can help you accurately.
I hope it helps you.
All the very best!!
sir my rank in manipal 606 in b pharm so i eligible for counseling
As you have a good score, you are eligible for counseling.
The counselling session are conducted through online, and are quite easy.
I got 102, marks in AEEE.I Have home state reservation in kerala.So will I get cse and what will be my rank with this mark(approximate rank needed please)?
Dear candidate, they do not provide marks but I can provide you approximate cut off of Amritapuri campus:
Computer Science Engineering 16547
Electronics and Communication Engineering 19408
Electrical and Electronics Engineering 19969
Mechanical Engineering 17642
These cutoffs are of State quota. However, students of that college to bring rank under 5K-6K you need 140+ marks. The above mentioned cut offs may vary by 500 as these cutoffs are of 2017. For more information, you can check:
Hope, it helps!