About GMAT 2020
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is the entrance exam for prospective MBA and PGDM students who wish to study abroad. GMAT scores are accepted in over 80 countries worldwide and many top institutions in India. GMAT exam is conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) and is an internationally recognised exam for admissions to business and management programmes in various institutions across the world.
In view of COVID-19 that has forced closure of exam centres across the country, GMAC is making available an interim solution that will bring the online test to Mac and PC platforms. This will enable candidates to take the test without going to a test centre. Apart from change in mode of exam, other details related to GMAT 2020 exam pattern will be the same as before, including types and number of items, score scale and marking scheme. Registration for GMAT 2020 has commenced on April 14. Registered candidates will be able to book test appointments from April 20 - February 21.
GMAT is a computer adaptive test which is 3 hours and 30 minutes long and comprises 4 sections for evaluation namely Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing. The exam comprises of a total of 80 scored questions which are both objective and subjective in nature and GMAT scores are valid for a period of up to 5 years from the date of the examination.
GMAT 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Graduate Management Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||GMAT|
|Conducting Body||Graduate Management Admission Council|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
GMAT 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
20 Apr, 2020
Application - Appointments for test date - Start Date | Mode: Online
While there are no specific eligibility requirements for GMAT, the general requirements to appear for the exam are
- Candidates must hold a valid passport at the time of the exam.
- Candidates between 13 - 17 years of age must submit a proof of parental consent before being eligible to sit for the GMAT exam.
More than the GMAT eligibility criteria, the important factor is that candidates meet the individual eligibility prescribed by the respective institutes they are applying to. This is mandatory as the GMAT scores are just for screening purposes while academic eligibility and other criteria play a larger role.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT
Candidates appearing for GMAT may note that the entire application process is online. Applying is easy and can be done through the registration link available on the official website. The steps to apply for GMAT 2020 are
- Candidates must click on the 'Register for the GMAT exam' button on the registration link.
- They must then fill in all the required details in the application form.
- After the application form is complete, candidates can chose the test centre and test date options available as per their requirement.
- The final step in the GMAT application process is the payment of the exam fee of USD $250.
GMAT 2020 Syllabus
Analytical writing assessment (AWA)
Before appearing for GMAT 2020, it is important to know the exam pattern. This will be allow candidates to be familiar with the test. GMAT is a computer adaptive test comprising multiple choice type questions in four different areas of evaluation. The test is a total of 3 hours and 30 minutes in duration and consists of 80 scored questions. The GMAT 2020 exam pattern is given below.
Interim online solution in view of COVID-19
With exam centres being closed in view of the pandemic, GMAC has introduced an interim solution available on Mac and PC platforms where candidates can now take the test without going to a test centre. The other details related to GMAT 2020 exam pattern will remain the same, including types and number of items, scoring algorithm, and score scale. Appointment for test dates can be made from April 20 onward.
GMAT Exam Pattern
Number of Questions
Type of Questions
|Verbal Reasoning||36||Critical Reasoning|
|Quantitative Reasoning||31||Problem Solving|
|Integrated Reasoning||12||Table Analysis|
|Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA)||1||Argument Analysis||30 minutes|
Documents Required at Exam
- Valid government issued passport
The unofficial score report for the GMAT 2020 exam is available to the candidate immediately after completion of the test. This score report includes the Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning and total scores.
The official GMAT score report is available online to the candidate generally within 20 days following the test day. Scores for the GMAT are calculated on a 200-800 point scale with 10 point increments. This total score comprises the cumulative scaled score of the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning sections. The scores for the Integrated Reasoning and the Analytical Writing Assessment are calculated and reported separately on the GMAT score report.
The various marking and scoring schemes used for different sections of the GMAT are:
GMAT Marking Scheme
|Verbal Reasoning||6 - 51|
|Quantitative Reasoning||6 - 51|
|Integrated Reasoning||1 - 8|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||0 - 6|
Questions related to GMAT
can I do GMAT exam after BEd??
The eligibility criteria for appearing GMAT is
The candidate must have completed 18 years of age
There is no upper age limit for the candidate
If the candidate is between 13 to 17 years old, they should have permission in writing from their parents or legal guardian
GMAC has not announced any official statement regarding qualification required to appear for GMAT
Candidates who wish to enroll for an MBA programme should possess a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university
ALL the best
Does IISWBM accpet GMAT scores for full time MBA(Evening)?
For IISWBM's Evening MBA, CMAT, MAT and JEMAT Scores are accepted by the Institute for Admission.
For more information about IISWBM's Evening MBA Course do follow the link below
For more information about IISWBM do follow the link below
I am looking for best mba colleges for full time with minimum fees, exams accepted should be mat,gmat?? please tell me?
MBA programmes offered by government colleges and universities are much cheaper than the ones offered by private institutions.
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi University -The institute provides admission on the basis of the CAT score and also personal interview.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies , Mumbai- The college accepts scores of CAT/MAH CET/MAT/ATMA.
- Tata Institute of Management Studies , Mumbai- The admission into TISS is offered on the basis of TISSNET score, an exam conducted by the institute itself.
- Department of Management Sciences, Pune
- Pune University Department of Management Sciences- The college accepts scores of exams like CAT/XAT/MAT/CET/ATMA/MAH CET.
- Department of Financial Studies, Delhi University- This institute provides admissions on the basis of the CAT exam score which is conducted by IIMs.
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Christ International (Deemed to be University)- Students who undertake exams like CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ATMA are eligible.
- Delhi Technical University (DTU), Delhi- CAT
Hope this helps!!!
What are some major differences between MAT, CMAT and, GMAT exams?
MAT, CMAT and, GMAT are some of the popular Management entrance exams. I will list out the major differences between the three.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a National Level Exam and conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) four times a year for admission to around 600 B-schools across India.
The exam consists of Five sections with 40 questions in each. The sections and time for each are:
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning - 30 minutes
- Language Comprehension - 30 minutes
- Mathematics - 35 minutes
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency - 40 minutes
- Indian and Global Environment - 15 minutes
TO read more on MAT please refer : https://bschool.careers360.com/exams/mat
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a National Level Exam and is held Once a year by the National Testing Agency for admissions to over 1000 participating Institutes.
CMAT 2021 is a 3-hour test with MCQs from Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General. Each section will have 25 questions for 100 marks.
TO read more on CMAT please refer: https://bschool.careers360.com/exams/cmat
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is the entrance exam for those who wish to pursue their MBA and PGDM abroad. GMAT scores are accepted in over 80 countries worldwide and many top institutions in India.
GMAT is a computer adaptive test which is 3 hours and 30 minutes long and comprises 4 sections for evaluation namely Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing
TO read more on GMAT please refer: https://www.careers360.com/exams/gmat
which colleges in India accept GMAT
Some top colleges in India accepting GMAT scores are enlisted below :-
- Administrative Staff College of India-New Delhi
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India-Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade-New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad-Gujarat
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore-Karnataka
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta-West Bengal
- Indian Institute of Management Indore-Madhya Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Management Kashipur-Uttarakhand
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode-Kerala
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow-Uttar Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Management Nagpur-Maharashtra
- Indian Institute of Management Raipur-Chhattisgarh
- Indian Institute of Management Ranchi, IIM Ranchi-Jharkhand
- Indian Institute of Management Rohtak-Haryana
- Indian Institute of Management Shillong-Meghalaya
- Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli-Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, Business School-Rajasthan
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management-West Bengal
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar-Gujarat
For complete list refer to the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.