About Shaheed Bhagat Singh Evening College, New Delhi
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Evening College (SBSEC) is named after Shaheed Bhagat Singh. It was established in 1973 by Delhi Administration which is now the Government of N.C.T. of Delhi. It is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Delhi. The college was established with the objective to provide education to those who were in employment but who had a desire to continue their educational qualifications and achieve higher standards in academic. The college offers undergraduate courses in Art and Commerce.
Location: Shaheed Bhagat Singh Evening College, SBSEC is located in the south of Delhi, near Sheikh Sarai Phase-II. The nearest Metro Stations are Chirag Delhi, Panchsheel Park and Greater Kailash, which are within the 2 km distance from the college. Students can reach the colleges by road transport, through both bus routes as well as auto-rickshaws or e-rickshaws from the nearest Metro or bus station.
Accreditation and Collaborations:
The college is accredited by NAAC.
Clubs, Committees and Centres:
- Debating Society - NUKE: The society hones the oratory and analytical skills of the students while learning to work as a team. The society organises exciting events, often on a mega scale.
- Theatre Group - Sangharsh: The theatre group is a good platform for the students to showcase their talent in acting. The street play team of the college actively represents the college in inter-college competitions.
- Photography Society - Reflection: The society makes an effort to connect and motivate the students to do things with a difference and shoot with a camera. The society also organises various trips for the students to give an exposure to observe and learn the technicalities of handling the camera.
- Dance Society - Innoverze: The aim of the dance society is to spread the joy and wonder of the 8 Indian classical dance forms. The society regularly participates in classical dance competitions and functions across the University of Delhi.
- Equal Opportunity Cell: The cell provides an environment that supports diversity and respects everyone regardless of colour, religious belief or cultures. It also commits to ensuring the protection of everyone including minorities and acting as per the provisions of the constitution of India.
- Alumni Association: Alumni association of SBSEC meets once a year. Alumni who are working in the various companies and organisations regularly inform the college about the requirements of the companies.
- Fine Arts Committee: The Fine Arts Committee of the SBSEC organises various art-related activities at the inter and intra college level. The society organises various workshops on a variety of art forms, best of waste, flower making, card making; art competitions in painting, sketching, poster making, calligraphy, oil, pastels and acrylic painting; and an annual paintings exhibition.
- Placement Cell: Through the placement cell, the College makes students constantly aware of the changing trends/demands of the industry so as to equip them with the highest level of potential for cracking the tough selection procedures. Experts from within the industry regularly visit the college for talks, attending seminars and interactive sessions which immensely help job seekers in their preparations for the same.
- NSS: The NSS unit inculcates the spirit of selfless commitment to address social issues plaguing the society. NSS volunteers of SBSEC conduct a variety of activities, such as orphanage visits, awareness programs and health camps.
- NCC: NCC Cadet Crop of SBSEC organises and trains youth and provides leadership in all walks of life including the Armed and Navy forces. It also creates a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
- Women Development Cell: The WDC cell of SBSEC was established to address the practical issues related to the welfare of and equal opportunities for women faculty members, staff and students.
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Evening College, New Delhi Highlights
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Evening College, New Delhi Courses & Fees
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Evening College, New Delhi Admissions 2021
Admission Process for UG Programmes:
For admissions, visit the DU admissions portal and get registered.
Candidates will be shortlisted based on the qualifying exam marks (marks obtained in the four subjects of candidate’s choice will be taken into consideration while preparing the cutoff).
As per the cutoff candidates have to visit the allotted college along with the registration slip print out for document verification.
After the document verification and fee payment, the candidate's admission in the college will be confirmed.
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Evening College, New Delhi Student Reviews
Good infrastructure and value for money
It is a good college with good infrastructure.
Mushkil hai mazaa ayega
Last Seen: 21 Aug' 20
Joined On: 05 May' 19
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of 2019
- BA Programme
If you want to take admission take only north campus
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Evening College, New Delhi Facilities
- IT Infrastructure
- Convenience Store
- Alumni Associations
- Parking Facility
- Banks Facilities
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Evening College, New Delhi Gallery
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Evening College, New Delhi Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 11 Sep 2022 ; CGPA : 3.36