15 Amazing Courses You Can Pursue A Career in Sports Psychology
Sports is a multi billion dollar industry, where athletes need the proper mindset to win. Perhaps you are the athlete or perhaps you are the mentor who is guiding the athlete. Either way, the psychology of sports is complicated and one needs proper education. Thus sports psychology courses are in high demand. There are plenty of online courses and certifications for sports psychology courses that you can take to become an expert in this field.
A sports psychologist plays a crucial role in encouraging sports fans to deal with the various challenges or challenges that go hand and hand with their competitive lives, from beginners to professionals.
What are the career options for Sports Psychology Enthusiasts?
From various job opportunities and settings, sports psychologists can select. Under the sports psychology umbrella, some of the most common professions are:
- Team Counselor For College
A counselor from the college program partners with a college athletic program (or teams) to preserve or improve student-athletes' mental health and enhance their athletic performance. A critical aspect of the work is managing off-the-field challenges, such as social or academic stresses..
- Clinical Sports Psychologist
Psychological treatment is provided to patient-athletes by a clinical sports professional. They will help clients improve their drive, discover opportunities to take the next competitive step or handle pressures from other commitments, such as family responsibilities.
Here we have compiled some of the best online Courses & Certifications from Top Providers for sports psychology courses.
Applied Sport Psychology and Leadership in Sport
|11.5 hours||Rs. 8,960|
|Sports Psychology For Athletes and Coaches||1.5 hours||Rs. 3499|
|Improve At Any Sport: Train Speed, Strength, Psychology||2 hours||Rs. 1280|
|Barre 31 Day Challenge & Teacher Training - CPD Certified||16.5 hours||Rs. 3499|
|Fully Accredited Professional Sports Psychology degree||1.5 hours||Rs. 3499|
|Introductory Sport Psychology||2 hours||Rs. 3200|
|Sport Psychology: Develop the Champion Mindset||2.5 hours||Rs. 3499|
|The Inner WOD||3.5 hours||Rs. 2880|
|Mental Toughness Training||2 hours||Rs. 1600|
|Sports Psychology for Coaches 101||Self-paced||Rs. 2240|
|Mental Toughness Training for Cricket||4 hours||Rs.3200|
|Mental training - how to coach athletes mental performance||2 hours||Rs.1280|
|Mindfulness & Visualisation for Athletes||2 hours||Rs. 3499|
|Winning the Mental Game at Sports||2 hours||Rs. 1920|
|Practical Sport Psychology||5.5 hours||Rs. 2560|
Note: The above data is collected and compiled by the Careers360 team.
- Applied Sport Psychology and Leadership in Sport
This is one of the best sports psychology certification courses that is beneficial for all (coaches, athletes, leaders, or anybody exploring any teaching in this field.) You will learn the practical applications of the field.
Duration: 11.5 hours
Cost: Rs. 8,960
- Introduction to Sport Psychology
- Sport Psychology Social Perspectives
- Individual Considerations within Sport
- Introduction to psychological skills training (PST)
- Team Processes: Cohesion and Motivation
- Effective Leadership and Communication
- Enhancing Health and Well-being
- Sports Psychology For Athletes and Coaches
Sports psychology must not be ignored, whether you choose to play sports at a house-league level, leisure, college, division 1, or even play professionally, and it can be the additional advantage you need over your opponents.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Cost: Rs. 3499
- Motivation, Optimism
- Control and uncontrollable
- Commitment & sacrifices
- Believe in yourself, Relaxation
- Goal setting intro
- Self-talk, S.M.A.R.T goal setting
- “Laser focus”, Discipline is king, Tunnel vision
- Remove distractions, Mental toughness
- Emotional control1, Self-confidence
- Getting in the "zone"
- Application of sports psychology
- Invest in your health
- Support systems, Importance of maintenance
- Iron sharpens iron
- Aspire to become the greatest version of yourself
- Sports intelligence (IQ)
- Additional Course
- Improve At Any Sport: Train Speed, Strength, Psychology
This course will provide you with the instruments to be successful in every sport. You will learn how to make yourself quicker, faster, smarter, and more agile during this course. And perhaps most notably, you're going to gain a lot of pointers from such sports psychology courses that will help you deal with the challenges of the sport.
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: Rs. 1280
- Be good at any sport: introduction to the course and instructors
- Sports psychology
- Dealing with injuries and how to minimize/reduce the chance of being injured
- Leg training for speed, agility, and quickness
- Your Core: Abs & Back For Stability And Control
- Back and core for more balance and strength
- Strengthen arms and chest
- Stretching before and after physical activity
- Natural ways to improve performance (more coming in October and late 2015)
Top Trending Courses & Certifications:
- Barre 31 Day Challenge & Teacher Training - CPD Certified
There are increasingly popular Barre classes, with new studios popping up all over the country. This is one of the best sports psychology certification courses offered on this platform. The theory is evident because they are exceptionally successful at toning the whole body from head to toe. The routines consist of movements inspired by ballet barre, pilates, body resistance, and yoga stretching to shape the body and tone it.
Duration: 16.5 hours
Cost: Rs. 3499
- Four types of Workouts
- 31 Day Barre Workout Challenge
- Teacher Training
- Exercise Analysis
- Where do we go from here?
- Fully Accredited Professional Sports Psychology degree
This healthy Sports Psychology diploma course is a psychology field that has become extremely popular in recent years. A sports psychologist plays a crucial role in encouraging sports fans to deal with the various challenges or challenges that go hand and hand with their competitive lives, from beginners to professionals.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Cost: Rs. 3499
- Your Fully Accredited Sports Psychology Training Manual PDF
- Module 1: What Is Sports Psychology
- Module 2: Self Talk
- Module 3: Stress
- Module 4: Sport and Fear
- Module 5: Reflections
- Module 6: Hypnosis & Sport Psychology
- Module 7: Hypnosis for Stress
- Module 8: Hypnosis For Superstar Sports
- Module 9: Hypnosis For Achieving Your Goals
- Module 10: Bonus Lecture
Also read: Psychology Course
- Introductory Sport Psychology
This course in sports psychology teaches students how to apply instruments in sports psychology to themselves or others. Including Powerpoint slides and video, anything you need for the system will be included.
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: Rs. 3200
- What is sport psychology?
- Who can benefit from sport psychology techniques?
- Who benefits from using a sport psychologist?
- How do I become a sports psychologist?
- Visualisation / Imagery
- Psyching Up and Psyching Down
- Goal Setting
- Controlling Distractions and Expectations
- Leadership and Communication
- Leadership and
- Case Studies
- Sport Psychology: Develop the Champion Mindset
This course was built for the good of all sports athletes who want to learn how, just as the world's greatest athletes do, they can develop their minds for success. The opportunity to see a sports psychologist is not accessible by cost, tradition, or cost to most novice sports athletes, so the course was designed to address these obstacles. Duration: 2.5 hours
Cost: Rs. 3499
- Introduction To Psychological Skills Training
- Professional Attitude Towards Mastery
- Goal Setting For Achievement Of Dreams
- Motivation Needed To Ignite Your Passion
- Intensity Links With Pressure, Stress & Challenge
- Concentration Is The Ultimate Success Factor
- Psychological Preparation For Competition
- Self Confidence To Approach Rather Than Avoid
- Emotional Control Is Under Your Control
- Mental Rehearsal For The Brain's Mind's Eye
- Positive Thought Control & What You Say To Yourself
- Mental Toughness: What It Is & What It Isn't
- Team Dynamics & Cohesion: Victory In Numbers
- Bonus: New Resources For You
- The Inner WOD
The Inner WOD gives you the idea where you'd like to go, a reason/purpose for getting there, and the belief that personal peak success can be reached by you (as you perceive it). You'll know WHY and HOW and also have a game plan to achieve optimal efficiency after you've done The Inner WOD. This can be ordered at just ₹455.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Cost: Rs. 2880
- Creating Momentum
- Creating a Reason
- Creating Empowerment
- Creating Flow
- Creating Confidence
- Creating Mastery
Also read: Top Psychology Degree Colleges in India 2021
- Mental Toughness Training
This one is a scientifically backed, self-guided Sports Psychology course online, intended to help you get the mental edge. It has been developed for players, coaches, sports administrators, and non-sporting performers by sports psychologists and performance psychologists. This brilliant course can be availed at just ₹1,600 only.
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: Rs. 1600
- Sports Psychology for Coaches 101
This curriculum would include the critical principles of Sports Psychology to adults and junior/intermediate and senior-level coaches that can be applied explicitly for their student-athletes from the ages of 10-16. This is a class that will support young athletes in and out of the ground.
Cost: Rs. 2240
- Sports Psychology for Coaches 101 - Test 2
- Sports Psychology for Coaches 101 - Test 1
Also read: 16 Courses to Become A Sports Coach
- Mental Toughness Training for Cricket
Let's accept that the best cricketers and cricket trainers worldwide are the few who have figured out a way to master the game's mental dimensions, such as concentration, inspiration, and emotional handling.
Duration: 4 hours
- Introduction to Metuf for Cricket
- Motivational Methods
- Emotional Intelligence
- Thought Shaping
- Team Unity
- Mental training - how to coach athletes mental performance
This is one of the shortest yet succinct sports psychology courses offered in the Udemy platform. This course is for athletes and trainers, as well as for anyone who is interested in sports psychology.
Duration: 2 hours
- How to apply mental training tools when working with athletes
- Mental training tools for better performance in sport
- Mental health for athletes
- How to improve athletes motivation, focus and emotion management
- How to manage emotions
- How to manage motivation
- How to improve focus
- How to set goals
- How to build mental toughness
- Mindfulness & Visualisation for Athletes
Mindfulness and visualization can help athletes practice harder, compete well, stay motivated, and even heal more quickly from injury. This is the path for you, whether you're an athlete, a mentor, or someone interested in an online sports psychology degree.
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: Rs. 3499
- Mindfulness practices
- Visualisation practices
- Mindfulness theory
- Visualisation theory
- Winning the Mental Game at Sports
It is for players of all ages (6-66 +) to win the Mental Game of Athletics. I cover all the mental game core elements, such as vision, attitude, high ceiling atmosphere, emotional spillover, and EFT / Tapping. This Sports Psychology degree is ideal for individuals who want to succeed in their sport and who recognize that the physical and mental game needs a balance to be successful.
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: Rs. 1920
- Use mental training skills and tools to excel at sports, school, work and life.
- Learn how to successfully vision just like Olympic athletes do.
- Learn how to develop and shift your mindset to a Growth Mindset.
- Learn how a Growth Mindset will set you up for success throughout your life.
- Setting your ceiling high and going after your goals.
- How to prevent the "emotional spillover" that can come from parents and coaches.
- How do other people’s emotions play an impact on your game?
- Learn how the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT/Tapping) can be used to enhance your performance.
- Learn EFT/Tapping and how to apply it to different situations.
- Practical Sport Psychology
One of the longest sports psychology certification courses in this article, this course consists of several sections: two colleagues working with athletes and coaches explore their respective methods in the first segment, teaching clients expertise in sport psychology, including inspiration, excitement management, and mental imagery. Sections 2-4 have a series of conversations with three athletes/coaches on using such approaches in everyday life.
Duration: 5.5 hours
Cost: Rs. 2560
- Discussion of sport psychology techniques and tools5 lectures • 42min
- Interview with Peter Scott, ex-Fulham captain and current Reading FC Coach
- Interview with Martin Dean, Lead Youth Development Coach at Reading FC
- Interview with Sammie Phillips, ex-playing coach of England Touch Rugby
- Presentation by Michelle Pain, talking about 'Psyching Up and Psyching Down'
- Creating a 6 week Psychological Skills Training program
- Evaluating a 6 week Psychological Skills Training program
- Measuring the effectiveness of this course
Also read: Top Psychology Universities in India 2021
Indeed, it is unfortunate that India, a nation of sports lovers, does not have a full-fledged facility to serve its sportsmen in a country of sports worship. To ensure that we cultivate indigenous talents to take good care of athletes, more training facilities for trained staff should be built. These sports psychology courses can give you the start. They can enhance your knowledge, give you credentials.
While for athletes and trainers, sometimes a degree or a diploma is a hurdle they need to pass, there is an increasing demand for foundational education. These programs are bachelors and masters in sports psychology courses, bachelors and masters in physical education, etc. So take a look at our online degree courses and online diploma courses to have some clarity.
If you still have doubts, then do not worry. Take a look at our online course comparison to have a better clarity in choosing the sports psychology courses for building your career.
Explore Popular Platforms Certification Courses
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - 15 Amazing Courses You Can Pursue A Career in Sports Psychology
Question: How can we attend these sports psychology courses?
Entry to these sports psychology courses depends on the kind of registration you have. If you take a course in audit mode, you'll be able to see most course materials for free. Before or after the audit, you may continue to purchase the credential experience to receive graded assignments and obtain a Sports Psychology degree before seeing an audit choice.
Question: What are the Career prospects in India?
India is a country that enjoys athletics, and athletics such as cricket, badminton, and tennis are religiously played here. Nevertheless, very few individuals seem to take the mind game played in the brains of athletes seriously—sports psychologists, who are avid and enthusiastic about sports as well as Ph.D. Sports Psychology is an increasing need in the region.
Question: What is the History of Sports psychology?
A comparatively new discipline is sports psychology, with the first-ever sports psychology laboratory set up in Berlin in 1920. In the 1970s and 1980s, it rose in importance and gained a more analytical approach to understanding the relationship between psychology and competition in sports.
Question: What is the scope of sports psychology?
The sports sector in India today is worth some USD 6 billion. In the same period, the system to groom top-notch sports stars in India was relatively backward. Indians are passionate about sports, especially cricket.
Question: What is the wage in India for sports psychologists?
For this occupation, the starting pay figures can be a little disappointing. The range is from Rs.6000-15000. But if one slowly becomes a specialist, the salary will go up to Rs. 200,000 per month.
Question: How to pursue a career in Psychology in Sports?
Sports Psychology is a specialist division that can only be pursued by obtaining a B.A. at the master's or doctoral level or a master's in Sports Psychology. Oh, or B.Sc. Via Psychology. Bachelors can be done in India, but it is smart for masters to go abroad for further study. These sports psychology courses can also enhance your credentials.
Question: How do I subscribe to these sports psychology online courses?
When you enroll in these sports psychology online courses, you get access to all discipline courses, and when you complete the job, you get a diploma. To print or add your Sports Psychology degree to your LinkedIn profile from there, your electronic Certificate will be added to the Achievements page. If you want to read and view the course material, you can review the course for free.
Question: Which is one of the best platforms for taking sports psychology online courses?
The sports psychology online courses on Udemy are usually targeted at people who are already trained in Psychotherapy & Hypnotherapy for those who want to apply their new and existing skills in a real-world scenario and hence they pursue Sports Psychology courses.
Psychology Updates and Articles
Learn the processes of the brain and its ability to function s...
20 Amazing Udemy Courses You Can Pursue A Career in Sports Psy...
Questions related to Psychology
how can I check free course? where can I find it ? I already joined in psychology course but its not through app what should I do now
Which course and app you are asking about isn't clear to us. If you want to lean about the psychology then you can follow the resources as mentioned below:
- MIT Open Course ware
- Stanford University Open Courseware
- NPTEL SWAYAM
This resources have courses for free from top notch psychologist and Psychological researchers all over the world.
I would recommend you to repost the question with the name of the app so that we can understand and can guide you out.
To know more about Psychology visit the link below:
I hope this answer helps. All the very best for your future endeavors!
iam a BDS graduate can I do post graduate course in psychology
Candidates are only eligible to pursue a PG in Psychology if they hold a BA Psychology degree or a BSc Psychology degree. However, you can apply for a UG Psychology course (BSc Psychology as it will be easier since you had science subjects in class 12) in other countries such as USA or Canada, after which you can go for a Post-graduation in psychology. In short, a BDS graduate can only go for MDS and not a PG in psychology.
Hope it helps!
Top CBSE schools for humanities class 11th & 12th offering psychology in bhubaneswar
Odisha Kv's doesnot offer Psychology course at Class 11th and 12. Odisha board has Psychology course at higher Secondary level. So visit your school of choice and go for the course you wanted.
Best schools for humanitiy courses for 11th and 12th:
|Kendriya Vidyalaya, INS Chilka||CBSE||Co-ed|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya, Koraput||CBSE||Co-ed|
|St. Joseph's Girls High School, Cuttack||ISC||Girls|
|St. Mary's Higher Secondary School, Jharsuguda||ISC||Co-ed|
Psychology studies behavioural experience and mental processes. It seeks to understand and explain how different mental processes result in different behaviours and how the mind works, Psychologists try to minimize such biases in their explanations of behaviour, experience in various ways.
what colleges are best for BA Hons in psychology in India
The top B.A honours in Psychology in India are as follows:-
- IGNOU Delhi - Indira Gandhi National Open University
- JMI New Delhi - Jamia Millia Islamia
- MSU Baroda - Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- LPU Jalandhar - Lovely Professional University
- DU Delhi - University of Delhi
- AMU Aligarh - Aligarh Muslim University
- Integral University, Lucknow
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary
- University, Gurgaon
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- Ravenshaw University, Cuttack
- CMR University, Bangalore
For further information regarding these colleges and more, check out the link provided below. You can even download their brochures.
Hope it helps!
I want to know when the application form will be out for Msc Psychology 2022.
Hope you are doing well. As if you see, the application date for the entrance of BHU is not yet announced by the university authorities. However, tentative dates were given, these are as follows:
Application opening Date: 4th week of May 2022
Applications closing date: 2nd week of June 2022.
The dates will be released soon.
Hope this helps you,
Good luck, Thank you :)