15 Online Courses for a High Paid Career in Teaching
With an expanding network of schools across the private and public sectors, teachers' demand has swelled up. Not only this, but several online platforms have also mushroomed, catering to the needs of students, showing that the sector has a huge employability quotient. To meet the demand for quality education, teacher training becomes essential for people willing to make their careers in teaching. Online teacher courses or teaching certificate courses have increased the chances of a person's employability as a teacher.
Also read - List of Certification Courses
The teaching industry is well paid, and training in the field adds to the chances of a teacher being hired. Several online teaching courses are available for people looking to make their career in teaching. Careers360 Team has compiled the list of best teaching online courses for high-paid careers. Read on to find out the best teaching an online course for yourself:
15 Teaching Online courses for High-Paid Career
Advance Diploma in Nursery Teachers Training
All India Teacher Training Academy
Certificate in Nursery Teachers Training
All India Teacher Training Academy
Diploma in Nursery Teacher Training
Certificate in Nursery Teacher Training
Rs 12, 000
Nursery Teacher Training Online Diploma Course
Vidhyanidhi Education Society
Certificate in Nursery Teacher Training Course
Asian College of Teachers
Inclusive Teaching: Supporting All Students in the College Classroom
Free, Get a certificate at Rs. 3,624
Inclusive Online Teaching Teach-Out
Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Being a Teacher
Developing Strategies for Online Teaching and Learning
Harvard Graduate School of Education
Classroom Strategies for Inquiry-Based Learning
Free, certificate at $49
Articulating the Intangibles of Teaching
Harvard Graduate School of Education
Certificate in Pre and Primary Teacher Training Course
Asian College of Teachers
Primary Teacher Training in Student ICT skill development
2 hours and 34 mins
Certificate in Pre and Primary Teacher Training
15 Best Teaching Online Courses to Opt For
1. Advance Diploma in Nursery Teachers Training - Offered by the AITTA, this is an advanced diploma course for graduates looking forward to making their career in teaching by entering the nursery-teaching sector. The course is aimed at ensuring training teachers in a way that optimum child development is ensured.
You can pursue this teaching course after graduation as well.
Focus on teaching young learners
Focus on educational psychology and classroom management.
Also Read: Career as Kindergarten Teacher
2. Certificate in Nursery Teachers Training - The teaching certification course in nursery teacher training is offered by AITTA. The course can be availed by anybody willing to begin a career as a nursery teacher. By undergoing this teacher training course, one can enter the field of teaching from the entry level.
Makes one aware of the methodologies of teaching at the nursery level
Introduction to practical and theoretical aspects of teaching
Focus on early childhood teaching management.
3. Diploma in Nursery Teacher Training - INTESOL Worldwide offers the Diploma in Nursery Teacher Training course. Focused on kids who have just started formal education, the teaching certification course is a good choice for anybody interested in becoming a nursery teacher. The course is aimed at making pre-school teachers efficient in dealing with the intellectual development of students.
Covers theories and practical aspects of teaching nursery kids.
Focus on educational psychology.
Gives an idea of different tools of teaching
4. Certificate in Nursery Teacher Training - INTESOL Worldwide offers the Certificate in Nursery Teacher Training course. Focused on training teachers in areas of childhood education and teaching methodologies, an online teaching course comes in handy for anybody willing to start a career as a nursery teacher.
It is aimed at providing a solid foundation for formal education.
Focus on instruction techniques and classroom management.
Also read - Professional Certificate in Technology Enabled Online Learning by Amity University elearning, Greater Noida via Arizona State University, Tempe
5. Nursery Teacher Training Online Diploma Course - Offered by VES, a government-registered teacher-training institute, the nursery teacher training online course is a good choice for anybody who is willing to pursue teaching in a pre-school. The teaching certification course is focused on learning by students in pre-school and can be a good choice for anybody who has completed their 12th.
Focus on theoretical and practical aspects of pre-school.
Focus on children’s developmental needs.
Good for people willing to enter the teaching from entry-point.
Focus on inclusive education.
Also read - Diploma in Education Degree Colleges in India
6. Certificate in Nursery Teacher Training Course - It is a nursery teacher training course offered by the Asian College of Teachers. For people willing to kick-start a career in teaching as a nursery teacher, it is a good course.
It is a good option for anybody wanting to pursue a teaching course after the 12th.
Focus on preparing teachers to handle kids below five years.
Emphasis on learning through playful means
Also read - Design and Facilitation of E-Learning Course by Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi via Swayam
7. Inclusive Teaching: Supporting All Students in the College Classroom - Provided by Columbia University, this is a special education teaching course focusing on more supportive and inclusive teaching methods. The online teaching course material revolves around developing inclusive curriculums and teaching methods and provides a handy guide for teachers at all levels to make learning more equitable & student-friendly.
How to design and practically implement more inclusive classroom environments
Helps in creating a more diverse and supportive framework with inclusive content for course pedagogy
Also Read- B.Ed Special Education Learning Disabilities
8. Inclusive Online Teaching Teach-Out - Offered by John Hopkins University under Paul Huckett and Brian Klaas, the Inclusive Online teaching Teach-Out is an online-teaching course. In the teaching certificate course, the emphasis has been laid on identifying students' barriers to learning.
Discussion on the use of Universal Design Learning to remove learning barriers
Emphasis on improving student-learning outcomes.
Also Read: Career as high School Teacher
9. Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Being a Teacher - Offered by the Commonwealth Education Trust under Professor Dennis Francis and Professor John Macbeth, the ‘Foundations of Teaching for Learning is an ideal online teaching course for people who are interested in teaching. It is an eight-chapter-long program that makes one learn about various teaching, assessment, and learning methods.
Discusses learning and impact on learning
Discusses various aspects of pedagogy
10. Developing Strategies for Online Teaching and Learning - Taught by Barbara Treacy, the teaching certification course has been designed for teaching skills and techniques to ensure a more comprehensive classroom experience. Through the programme, the teachers are made aware of valuable lessons and guidance for making their teaching easily understood and comprehensive. The online teaching classes are offered by Harvard University and help you develop well-rounded strategic decisions so that the teacher can effectively deliver the subject they are teaching.
Teaches new pedagogical approaches to learning
Strategies for creating online assignments
Also read - Online Teaching Creating Courses for Adult Learners by The Open University, Milton Keynes via Futurelearn
11. Classroom Strategies for Inquiry-Based Learning - This particular online teaching course is offered by the University of Texas, Austin with a focus on implementing classroom strategies and encouraging inquiry-based learning. What is even better is that the enrolled individuals are offered a certificate of teaching that allows them to come up with ideas to increase student engagement with the subjects being imparted.
Discover the benefits of inquiry-based instruction.
Obtain tools for meeting teaching requirements.
12. Articulating the Intangibles of Teaching - This popular teaching certification course available online has been created for helping the teachers articulate their ideas, subject-related concepts and improve their communication skills to ensure that the course work is communicated effectively to their students. Another plus point for pursuing this online .teaching course is that you will be getting a certificate from the Harvard University, USA, thereby boosting your CV.
It helps one evolve a better language of teaching.
It helps understand the protocols in the field.
They are focused on teacher development and assessment.
Also read - Education Degree Colleges in India
13. Certificate in Pre and Primary Teacher Training Course - Offered by the Asian College of Teachers, this 4-month long teaching certification course offers a comprehensive curriculum in pre-primary as well as primary teacher training which further enforces the skills required for aspirants to be well versed with 21st-century teaching techniques that are important for today’s pre and primary learners. The online teaching course will help teachers to acquire skills that help in aiding the growth and development of children.
Successful candidates to receive the Asian College of Teachers' Certificate
It helps the learner become well versed with classroom management.
Introduction to approaches to early education
Also read - Online Teaching: Evaluating and Improving by The Open University, Milton Keynes via Futurelearn
14. Primary Teacher Training in Student ICT skill development - Created by instructor Michael Hilkemeijer, this online teaching course is suitable for elementary and primary school teachers willing to learn about the usage of ICT in their classroom. An online teacher-training course with a certificate, the Primary teacher-training course aims to empower teachers to be able to use Information and Communication technology effectively in classrooms.
Suitable for teachers willing to use ICT in classes.
Focus on the creation of an inclusive class environment.
It helps the teacher in choosing appropriate tools for teaching.
Read Also: Career As Teacher
15. Certificate in Pre and Primary Teacher Training - INTESOL Worldwide offers this teacher certification course. The course emphasizes a lot on the early childhood teaching techniques and methods, the course is a good choice for anybody seeking a primary teacher-training certificate. Such a certificate would be an excellent choice for people who have just completed high school and are willing to advance their careers in pre-primary and primary teaching.
Covers theories of young learners’ learning process.
Teaches how to plan lessons.
Gives an idea of different modes of assessing students.
Also read -
The teaching industry is not only well-paid, but it also has the stability factor inherent in it as teaching never goes out of demand, even though the modes of teaching might change. Therefore, to keep pace with the change, teaching certificate courses become essential for teachers. By undergoing short-term or long-term online teaching courses, novices can kick-start their career in teaching while professionals can earn an additional advantage over their peers in their careers.
There is a shortage of teachers across the public, private sector, and now even in the online teaching industry. A career in teaching would be a good choice for anybody looking for a secure career option and pays well.
Browse Education Degree Colleges in India's Top Cities:
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - 15 Online Courses for a High Paid Career in Teaching
Question: What are the short-term courses available in teacher training?
There is a plethora of short-term and easy to enroll teacher-training courses such as -
Primary Teacher Training in Student ICT skill development on Udemy (2h, 34m)
b. Certificate in Pre and Primary Teacher Training by INTESOL Worldwide (6 months)
Certificate in Pre and Primary Teacher Training Course by Asian College of Teachers (4 months)
Question: Which skills are necessary to take up nursery teacher training?
You must have the desire to manage with kids about to enter the formal education sector. An interest in understanding child psychology and in learning about new methodologies of teaching is helpful for anybody willing to become a nursery teacher.
Question: What are the eligibility criteria for a certificate in primary teacher training?
A candidate aspiring to undergo primary teacher training and to earn a certificate thereafter must be a graduate.
Question: Do we have free courses for people who are looking to take up teacher training online?
Yes, Coursera has been offering multiple free courses for aspirants looking to pursue teacher training at zero cost.
Question: Can I get a diploma in teacher training online?
Yes, there are various institutes like Vidhyanidhi Education Society and INTESOL offering a diploma in teacher training online.
Question: Are there some long-term courses on teacher training online?
Yes, you can opt for long-term courses such as the Advanced Diploma offered by AITTA (8months) and the diploma offered by INTESOL Worldwide.
Question: Is there an online teacher-training course with a certificate that can be pursued after the 12th?
Yes, a lot of online platforms offer certification courses aimed at nursery and pre-nursery levels that can be pursued by people who have 12th as their qualification—E.g. Certificate in Pre and Primary teaching by INTESOL Worldwide.
Question: What are the career prospects for someone undergoing nursery teacher training?
Not only can one start a preschool of their own, but they can also start a career at the entry-level of teaching by becoming a nursery or pre-school teacher.
Question: What is the duration of an online teaching course?
The courses vary in duration as per the choices made by learners. While there are courses that last only a few hours, there are others, which can take up a couple of weeks & even months to complete. Advanced diploma courses can extend up to 2 years while certificate courses last for about six months.
Question: Is a career in teaching worth it?
Teaching is a profession that can never be out of trend. If you are somebody who has been looking to create a high-paying teaching career that offers both financial as well as job security, teaching training courses can ensure them a career in teaching.
Teaching and Education Updates and Articles
The best K12 online learning courses for teachers are listed i...
15+ Best Educational Psychology Courses for Teachers - Want to...