About University College of Engineering, Tindivanam
The University College of Engineering Tindivanam is also known as UCE-Tindivanam. This is a constituent college of Anna University, Chennai. The college has been established by the Government of Tamil Nadu in the year 2008 with four departments namely Civil Engineering, Computer science and engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology. All the programmes offered by the college are approved by AICTE.
Location: UCE-Tindivanam is located at Melpakkam, College Road, Tindivanam, Tamil Nadu. The nearest railway station is Tindivanam which is about 4 km away from the college. The nearest airport is Puducherry Airport which is 42 km away and the nearest bus stop is 10 km away from the UCET campus.
Accreditation and collaboration:
Clubs, Societies and Cells:
Training and Placement Cell: The Training & Placement service operates year-round to facilitate contacts between companies & students. It helps students to prepare application and resumes and mock interviews. The aim is to ensure that students have the information and skills necessary for an effective job search.
Women Empowerment Cell: The Women Empowerment Cell of the University College of Engineering Tindivanam was established to address the practical issues related to the welfare of and equal opportunities for women faculty members, staff and students.
Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
University College of Engineering Tindivanam offers B.E courses in civil engineering, computer science and engineering, electronics and communication engineering, and information technology. To get admission to the various courses offered by UCE-Tindivanam, candidates need to appear for the state-level counselling - Tamilnadu Engineering Admission (TNEA), conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu. There is no entrance test for TNEA counselling. and the merit list will be prepared based on the candidates score at 12 class, choice filling, choice locking and document verification. The detailed admission process of the UCE-Tindivanam is mentioned below:
For B.E. & B.Tech:
Candidates need to register for the entrance exam TNEA
Students need to appear for the entrance examination - Tamilnadu Engineering Admission (TNEA), conducted by the Department of Technical Education (DoTE) of Tamil Nadu.
DoTE conducts Single Window Counseling through Anna University, Chennai
For appearing in counselling round students need to register in TNEA portal.
The merit list will be prepared accordingly the weightage to percentile obtained by the candidate in TNEA and board exam.
- Admission will be offered to eligible candidates based on their performance in the entrance test, participation in counselling, choice filling, choice locking, document verification and fee payment.
Should join this college
The University College of Engineering Tindivanam has the facilities of the library, canteen, hostel, Wifi, bank and ATM. The college also provides facilities of sports to promote physical and extracurricular activities among students.
- Hostel: Hostel for boys and girls are located on the campus and is equipped with all the infrastructure facilities. The mess is well equipped with stainless steel kitchen equipment and other facilities. Residential Counselors stay at the hostel to take care of the needs of the students all the time. A 24 hours security is provided at the hostel for the safety of the students.
- Seminar Hall: The seminar halls accommodate a large number of attendees in air-conditioned comfort. The audiovisual facilities are digitally enhanced and designed for effective presentations with excellent auditory reception.
- ATM: The State Bank of India has installed an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) at the entrance of UCET. This ATM caters to the requirements of the students and the staff since it is located on the campus.
- R.O Power Plant: The college has several reverse osmosis (R.O) water plants in the campus to provide clean drinking water to the students and staff.
- Computer Center: The aim of the centre is to provide professional services, promote and assist the use of new computing technology among the students, staff and administration. The centre manages various computing and communication facilities throughout the campus.
- Lab Facility: The department has established various labs equipped with machinery & measuring instruments. This not only meets the student's course requirement but also expose them to industry practices.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: